The Marvel Cinematic Universe vs the Live Action Sinister Six

If you want to debate fictional fights or do character respect threads, do it here.
Ares
Site Admin

The Marvel Cinematic Universe vs the Live Action Sinister Six

Post by Ares »

And since I'm in a Spider-Man mood, I thought I'd pit villains who have made up the Sinister Six in live action films against various MCU heroes, and see how they stack up.

For these fights, we'll be using the Six as portrayed by:

Dr. Octopus (Spider-Man 2)
Sandman (Spider-Man 3)
The Lizard (The Amazing Spider-Man 1)
Rhino (The Amazing Spider-Man 2)
Electro (Amazing Spider-Man 2)
The Vulture (Spider-Man: Homecoming)

Assume they're comfortable enough to work together as a unit without getting in each others way, or at least not anymore than the average supervillain group. The fights will start at that unfinished skyscraper at the end of Spider-Man 3, but can potentially spread out to the surrounding city.

The heroes facing the villains will be:

Fight 1 - The Second Generation Avengers: Captain America, Black Widow, Vision, Scarlet Witch, War Machine and the Falcon. The team that took over after Hulk, Thor, Iron Man and Hawkeye stepped down from active Avengering (because lets face it, with Thor and Hulk on the team, the Sinister Six are screwed).

Fight 2 - Cap's Resistance: Captain America, Scarlet Witch, Bucky, Falcon, Hawkeye and Ant-Man. The team Cap assembled during Civil War. They lose some of their heavy hitters, but gain more skill and a replacement powerhouse with Ant-Man's giant form.

Fight 3 - The Guardians of the Galaxy: Star-Lord, Gammora, Drax, Mantis, Rocket and Groot (teenager) decide to come collect a bounty on the Six. Can they take down this squad of bad guys?

Fight 4 - Iron Man shows up in his Bleeding Edge nano-tech suit and tries to stop the Six all by himself. Can he do it?

Fight 5 - Extended Defenders. Daredevil, Luke Cage, Jessica Jones, Iron Fist, Colleen Wing and the Punisher. Danny and Colleen both have access to the Iron Fist for this fight. If the six of them can't win on their own, throw in Dr. Strange, given his status as an actual Defender.

Might include other fights as I think of them, but that's good enough to get things going.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
MacynSnow

Re: The Marvel Cinematic Universe vs the Live Action Sinister Six

Post by MacynSnow »

Ok,this is what I'm thinking...

Fight 1) Sinister Six--As good as that team is,they have no way to deal with Sandman(as Electro can simply drain Vision of power and KO Witch at the same time)

Fight2) Cap's Resistance--Steve would use more of his "Hit n'Run" tactics here,having learned from his first encounter how to deal with them.

Fight 3) Sinister Six--now i love the GoG,but this version of the Six has too much power for them to handle on their own.

Fight 4) Sinister Six--just too many people for Tony to handle solo.One-on-One,no problem(especially if it was just him&Toomes),but not if you add in the others.

Fight 5) Extended Defenders(w/out Strange)--these guy's would probably keep the Six as separated as possible,thereby negating their 'Strength in numbers' advantage.This one would stretch all across New York,probably ending in Hell's Kitchen.Here's some highlights: Punisher using a Flamethrower on Sandman near the docks - Cage getting into a slugging match with Rhino in the Garden - Daredevil trying to 'ground' Electro near the top of The Empire State Building - Jones getting into a Dogfight with Toomes across half of New York - Danny destroying one of Doc Ock's Tentacles in China Town - Collen trying to avoid The Lizard in the New York sewer tunnels....
Ares
Site Admin

Re: The Marvel Cinematic Universe vs the Live Action Sinister Six

Post by Ares »

I'm not sure Electro can drain the Vision, given Vision's powered by a combination of Vibranium and the Mind Gem. Electro might be able to mess with him to some degree, however. Wanda can also shield herself from Electro's attacks as long as she's not taken by surprise.

Sandman's powerful, but he's not invincible. Harry was able to disrupt his form enough to take him out of the fight with a couple of missiles, and War Machine has plenty of those. Vision's energy blast might be able to fuse Flint into glass as well. I could also see Cap getting them to use tactics like water or fire on Sandman, maybe set something up to drench both Electro and Sandman at the same time. That sonic cannon Rhodey used in Civil War might be effective as well.

This has the potential to be an entertaining fight. The Six might actually have the overall superior power to the Avengers here. Electro is very powerful in this incarnation, Sandman's nothing to sneeze at, Rhino actually packs some impressive firepower, Lizard is fairly dangerous, Doc Ock is formidable as always, and even the Vulture has a few things going for him.

In a straight up fight where the Avengers pair off one-on-one, they could well lose. If they use superior teamwork, akin to what Cap's team had in Civil War and what they used to take out Corvis Glaive and Proxima Midnight, then they have a shot. Vision could be especially dangerous, doing things like phasing his fist in to punch out the Rhino through his suit. The Avengers basically win through using superior teamwork and slowly whittling down the Six's numbers, rather than just dividing up into matches and hoping to win the day.

One thing Tony and Rhodey have in their favor is that Electro's attacks are only going to power their armor up further, as Tony's fight with Thor showed.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.