Zen Monk character idea

A place to discuss game rules, homebrew systems and the like.
Doctor Vile

Zen Monk character idea

Post by Doctor Vile »

I have an idea for a monk type martial artist character who fights mainly with his mind.

Is it possible to use remote sensing with perception ranged move object to make himself appear to be in a different location and actually affect things at that location even though he's in a trance elsewhere?

Basically it will appear as if he's there but if you try to attack him, the attack looks like he dodges or deflects it.
MacynSnow

Re: Zen Monk character idea

Post by MacynSnow »

That sounds more like Astral Projection to me.....
Doctor Vile

Post by Doctor Vile »

MacynSnow wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:41 pm That sounds more like Astral Projection to me.....
Basically but it would appear as if he's really there dodging and deflecting attacks. Do you add an extra to remote viewing?
Doctor Vile

Post by Doctor Vile »

I think I found what I'm looking for. It's in the power profiles illusion book, Illusory Projection.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

I was just going to say illusion is perception range, so works through remote senses. You'll need the Independent extra on it so you can maintain an active illusion as a free action rather than a standard, but otherwise it would basically do what you are suggesting.

Keeping in mind, if anyone interacts with it (such as being struck by it), they do get the chance to make a will save. Won't stop them from taking damage or whatever effect, but they'll realize you aren't really there.
Doctor Vile

Post by Doctor Vile »

EpicEclipse wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:18 pm I was just going to say illusion is perception range, so works through remote senses. You'll need the Independent extra on it so you can maintain an active illusion as a free action rather than a standard, but otherwise it would basically do what you are suggesting.

Keeping in mind, if anyone interacts with it (such as being struck by it), they do get the chance to make a will save. Won't stop them from taking damage or whatever effect, but they'll realize you aren't really there.
With illusory Projection, you just use remote viewing with the noticeable flaw. They do get a insight check vs 10+ your power rank unless you take a rank of subtle.