Pro Wrestling in M&M

A place to discuss game rules, homebrew systems and the like.
Jabroniville

Pro Wrestling in M&M

Post by Jabroniville »

Hey all- I've been thinking about statting up some kind of Pro Wrestling thing into M&M (ie. I wanted an excuse to stat WWF guys in M&M :)). Largely, my ideas were thus:

* Throw away the definitions for Strength & Toughness, and spread them out, so that Andre the Giant would be the equivalent of, say, Superman, and we wouldn't have to cram everyone in between ST 0 & 4.

* Pins would be a very low-level Affliction (likely around "4"), Resisted by either Strength or the guy's remaining Toughness, whichever is higher.

* Everyone has Regeneration, because of how long wrestling matches go. Babyfaces have to make Presence Checks to use it, but tend to have more. This might make it annoying to stat up guys who've switched allegiances a lot.

* Throw away anything "Grab-Based" because that's kind of underpowered in M&M. I'd likely just make bigger "Slam"-type moves lower in accuracy. Basic moves are assumed to use the base strength, while some others do more damage (like a Suplex or someone's Finisher), sacrificing some accuracy. Moves that end in pins (The Perfect-Plex, Warrior Splash, Earthquake Splash, etc.), would tie the damage in with Afflictions for the pin, making them very effective.

* Grapple-based moves (Slams, Suplexes, most Finishers) should have some kind of mechanic for when a guy is too heavy. Maybe a Drawback or something. This would give an advantage to strike-based moves, such as the Superkick or Missile Dropkick, which can be done to anyone.

* Comparatively, guys have to pay points for being extra heavy. Not sure how much, though. I mean, Razor Ramon was a big guy, but no way was he hitting the Razor's Edge on Yokozuna.

* Every high-risk move comes with the Side-Effect Flaw for when you fail.

* Weapons would produce a HUGE increase in hitting power (since they tend to cause knock-outs)- even Jimmy Hart's Megaphone or Mr. Fuji's Cane were essentially death-weapons that guaranteed falls.

What do you think? What kind of things could be added? I'd love to see the variability of the system in play here- PL 4 Reno Riggins, PL 12 Andre the Giant, etc. :).
HalloweenJack

Re: Pro Wrestling in M&M

Post by HalloweenJack »

hmmm is Andre Pl 12 in his prime or in his later days?

Because he was still strong as all get out (that Warlord elimination) but wasn't nearly as durable or as fast....obviously on that last one
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

The thing with Andre was that he was relatively slow, but invincible. Even near the end of his career, the only stuff taking him down was a double-team from like, DEMOLITION, or something.
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

well or a 2X4....which is nothing to sneeze at mind you
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

I look forward to builds on this btw
Shock

Post by Shock »

I think pins should be resisted by Willpower. Breaking a pin is/was usually more about will to win than brute strength.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Shock wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:06 am I think pins should be resisted by Willpower. Breaking a pin is/was usually more about will to win than brute strength.
Hm- maybe have that as an optional Hero Point thing?
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

I'd see those as like...say Shawn Michaels kicking out a Tombstone by the Undertaker. it shouldn't happen, but it has shocking everyone
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

2 questions for you; What about top rope finisher's (Eddie's/RVD's Frog splash,Bam Bam's Moonsault,etc.)?
And the most important queston(in my oppinion,at least); are you gonna run something like this an can anyone post characters/wrestlers on this?
Shock

Post by Shock »

Jabroniville wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:03 am
Shock wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:06 am I think pins should be resisted by Willpower. Breaking a pin is/was usually more about will to win than brute strength.
Hm- maybe have that as an optional Hero Point thing?
I agree there. Spending a HP should be an automatic break out
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

If anything,you could (at least,theoretically) spend an HP to do a reversal...
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

I'm thinking submissions are a full Affliction, opposing... toughness and Will together? And you can work on limbs with called shots- they reduce toughness of just that limb, and lower the power of moves that require it. Or maybe have those be Afflictions, too?

Managers' "Distraction" will be Mind Control, of course.
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

the important question is does Sunny gets two ranks of attractiveness?
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

I'm determining whether or not even more ranks are necessary :)

I, of course, will showcase no bias in who gets more ranks than whom. If, say, Molly Holly gets 500 ranks, it's all due to proper scientific assessment.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Speaking of the Holly "family",how would toughness work in this?
You have to remember,Hardcore Holly was a real tough S.O.B during his prime...he and Benoit went to a double countout during the ME of Bragging Rights that year,then knocked each other out during the next PPV(i think Hardcore asked to be traded to Raw so they could "settle this like men",then asked to be traded back to Smackdown after the feud was over)

You could probably add Growth to guys like Big Show,Undertaker(technically speaking),Kane,etc.