Possession (M&M2e)

A place to discuss game rules, homebrew systems and the like.
Miracle

Possession (M&M2e)

Post by Miracle »

In Ultimate Power, Possession is listed as 3 points a rank. It's Touch Range Sustained Mind Control, which would be 1 point a rank. I guess the body disappearing would be another extra. Though what would the last point be? Your subject isn't Conscious, but you are. So maybe that?
Miracle

Re: Possession (M&M2e)

Post by Miracle »

Say you fail the opposed check and use extra effort to Willpower out of it. Do you both reroll or just you?
L-Space

Post by L-Space »

Miracle wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:04 pm In Ultimate Power, Possession is listed as 3 points a rank. It's Touch Range Sustained Mind Control, which would be 1 point a rank. I guess the body disappearing would be another extra. Though what would the last point be? Your subject isn't Conscious, but you are. So maybe that?
Huh yeah looks like it should just be 2pp per rank. Mind control is 2pp/rank -2 for Touch Range +1 for Sustained and +1 for your body disappearing. Conscious is actually a +1 bonus for Mind Control as it let's you access their knowledge and skill. Nothing in the errata about it either, weird.
Miracle wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:29 pm Say you fail the opposed check and use extra effort to Willpower out of it. Do you both reroll or just you?
Just you.
Formerly luketheduke86
Davies

Post by Davies »

I'd say treat the "your body disappears" as a +2 extra. Consider that you're getting 20 points worth of Concealment.
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
Miracle

Post by Miracle »

Well, not full concealment. People can see that they're possessed. It's not Subtle or Insidious. But I will cop that it is maybe a bit better than +1.

Thank you both.