Masks: A New Generation

A place to discuss game rules, homebrew systems and the like.
Zero Prime

Masks: A New Generation

Post by Zero Prime »

While this could be in the Game Table section eventually, I was just curious if folks had tried, had an opinion on, or were interested in Magpie Games Masks: A New Generation. I have had some decent exposure to it, and really enjoy both the genre, and the atmosphere of the game. It's inspiration largely drawn from Young Justice, Teen Titans, Runaways, and other such material involving super hero coming of age stories.

Mechanically, a very simple, loose system, but with a huge amount of narrative flexibility, allowing for incredible stories and exciting game play.

Each player chooses a 'Playbook' which largely determines both the character's power set, *and* the themes you want to incorporate into your narrative, the Bull is the tough character with a heart of gold, the Janus is a character who balances the responsibilities of his private life vs his heroic persona, the Legacy is constantly trying to live up to the name, and powers, that he has inherited. It is a very collaborative game, and alot of fun once it gets rolling.

For those of you interested, here is a link to Magpie Games website and their free downloads related to Masks.
Neo-Paladin

Re: Masks: A New Generation

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Played it and had loads of fun with it. I can only recommend it if you want to capture the style and athmosphere of Teen titans, Young Justice etc.