Deluxe HB Char Generator Question

A place to discuss game rules, homebrew systems and the like.
Devastation Bob

Deluxe HB Char Generator Question

Post by Devastation Bob »

Under the Cat Totem, one of the powers is Water Walking, limited to Solid Surface. The hell?
Psistrike

Re: Deluxe HB Char Generator Question

Post by Psistrike »

Devastation Bob wrote:Under the Cat Totem, one of the powers is Water Walking, limited to Solid Surface. The hell?
Think it is meant to represent the way a cat can walk on things like tree branches and such without making them bend. Not sure though.
badpenny

Post by badpenny »

Water Walking let's you stand on a liquid surface, something you can sink in if you go prone on, or with two ranks you sink only if you want to. So it you stretch the liquid surface to any precarious surface (with a consequence like falling I suppose) I guess this works. But I'd argue that there are less situations that it's worth the bother for everyone involved, given you're not likely to be too high up on a thin branch that the height would present a problem, and unlike being in the water, sinking could mean drowning, too.

Meh.
Penny's Build Party - Playable builds - M&M 2.5 featuring Damage Roll combat
Miracle

Post by Miracle »

Run, Kitty, RUN!

Sketchpad

Post by Sketchpad »

Devastation Bob wrote:Under the Cat Totem, one of the powers is Water Walking, limited to Solid Surface. The hell?
I would imagine it's to emulate the ability to walk across loose particulates (like sand or snow) without falling in.
DT Butchino
Sketchpad Studios | Acts of Villainy & Heroism
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Its also used to simulate Wuxia style landing on grass or leaves or tree tops that sort of thing.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories