Cyberware and Corporations

A place to discuss game rules, homebrew systems and the like.
Spectrum

Cyberware and Corporations

Post by Spectrum »

Lately, I've been seeing a lot of new media dealing with Cyberpunk, video games, movies, tv shows, up and coming gaming tv shows. I've been putting some thought into how the system would work.

I'm thinking that cyberware would be purchased as powers. There probably needs to be a Cyberpsychosis complication.
Signature equipment treated as devices.
Gear that comes and goes would be equipment. Maybe there would be an increased cost because of the increased flexibility.

I have no clue how netrunning should work. Maybe it's some kind of equipment driven summon?

Thoughts? Suggestions?
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
catsi563

Re: Cyberware and Corporations

Post by catsi563 »

powers may be one way to go about it given the remarkable nature of some of the things Cyperpunk allows PCs to do.

Simultaneously though the equipment feat is used for commonality the stuff everyone can do or have access to. And when tech reaches that point of commonality where it is in the Cyberpunk systems it should probably be equipment

So basic stuff like a HUD over the eyes for a built in smart phone should most likely be equipment or even maybe considered a natural part Hye you did you get your Implant upgraded to the new model? yeah I heard its the bomb soooo many features.

but an implant of military grade or better which requires serious resources to obtain and implant most likely should be a power unless you have those resources to fall back on.

Id say mostly fall back on common sense and the basic interpretation of equipment, is it generic ie everyone has one? or is it hard to find implant maybe one in a million has one? what counts as generic and how much does it truly boost a person, a minor adrenaline jolt may not be worth much but one that pushes you to regular near spidey levels is Cyber Samurai stuff and pushing superhuman.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Spectrum wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:35 pm Lately, I've been seeing a lot of new media dealing with Cyberpunk, video games, movies, tv shows, up and coming gaming tv shows. I've been putting some thought into how the system would work.

I'm thinking that cyberware would be purchased as powers. There probably needs to be a Cyberpsychosis complication.
Signature equipment treated as devices.
Gear that comes and goes would be equipment. Maybe there would be an increased cost because of the increased flexibility.

I have no clue how netrunning should work. Maybe it's some kind of equipment driven summon?

Thoughts? Suggestions?
I've seen netrunning handled as a separate 'dimension' so dimensional travel and dimensional senses apply.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Poodle

Post by Poodle »

I am using mutants and masterminds for shadowrun. I made cyberwear and magic a feat. The total of both could only equal PL which is 6 for my game. That meant if you wanted some PL3 cyberwear (e.g. an arm with extra strength you could only get +6 strength. I made each level of plus for attributes the equivalent of one rank. You could put anything else in your arm but nothing at more than PL3. It is a work in Progress. It gets a little crunchy. I just made it so that you could get anything that you wanted at level 3 Whether you had one arm or two to keep it simple which I am sure people could abuse. Senses I counted as 1 rank per sense. So you could get cybereyes but it got more expensive the number of senses you were buffing. I also added reputation depending on where you were and on how obvious your cyberparts were. If you were in the slums you got a great reputation for obvious cyberwear. If you were in Moremoney heights at a fine restaurant you got a negative reaction for obvious cyberwear.

So far it s working.
Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world. -Albert Einstein.