R.I.P. Vader

The place to talk about football, baseball, wrestling, and any other sports news.
MacynSnow

Re: R.I.P. Vader

Post by MacynSnow »

I'm really goona miss big V...My favorite match was him vs. Ron Simmons in WcW(then the NWA) where Ron had to use his speed instead of Power against Vader.
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

One of my favorite wrestlers, and his moonsaults were something scary to watch. He will be missed.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Yeah, this is too bad. My first WCW match saw him against Ron Simmons, and it was a FANTASTIC use of the "Rocky Story", with Ron getting a come-from-behind win. Vader was in some of the best "Big Man" matches of all time, brutalizing smaller guys, but going up for their big comebacks and making them look terrific.
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

I only got to see him live once....back in 2006 at an IWA East Coast show in West Virginia.

He basically squashed one of the promotion's top heels, the Juggulator (yes he is affiliated with Juggalo Championship Wrestling, why do you ask?) in like 20 seconds. He got a HUGE reaction when he came out and was even talking with people at ringside, both genuinely and as part of the match where he's not taking his opponent seriously.

Juggs didn't like it and attacked Vader from behind.

....you can guess how well that went for the small time indie guy.

Vader basically potatoed him in the corner repeatedly, power bombed him, then hit the avalanche/Vader bomb on him for the win.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

My only complaint in Vader's career was his time in WWE.It was a travesty how he was treated as a joke there....
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

I think he started strong, but they just couldn't get behind him for whatever reason.

and I love HBK, but his hissy fit during their summerslam match killed what otherwise coulda been epic