Okay here's one...wrestlers you don't care for

The place to talk about football, baseball, wrestling, and any other sports news.
HalloweenJack

Okay here's one...wrestlers you don't care for

Post by HalloweenJack »

Not that you hate, but maybe people you can appreciate what they do but you're not really a big fan of.

for me it'd be guys like the Rock or Ric Flair.

They're both no doubt top guys, and I can appreciate what they do in the ring or on the mic, but you know...I just never was a fan of either guy.
MacynSnow

Re: Okay here's one...wrestlers you don't care for

Post by MacynSnow »

For me,it was Hulk Hogan and Roddy Piper in WWF: while i appreciated what they did in the 80's,they weren't that good to me.....
In WCW,it was Vader and Kevin Sullivan:while they were decent in the ring,they never screamed "Main Eventer" to me(and don't get me started on kevin's booking).....

My bro Tatsuie40 didn't really care for X-Pac(aka Sixx-Pac or The 1-2-3 Kid) or Raven,as he thinks they were "too bland even for the era they were in".....
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

I admit I was never a huge Vader fan. I always preferred Bam Bam over him

I was a fan of X-Pac and Raven though. Both guys do have shortcomings. As big as mark as I am for Raven, I don't think he was quite the promo people gave him credit as being. He was very good, but some people practically orgasm at his promo ability.

X-Pac....I just loved him man. Just the scrappy runt who ran his mouth and could back it up.....but after that heel turn in 99 I never gave a crap about him ever again. It's weird to see how over he was prior to that and after that he was just cold. And I hated how they just went "Wellllllp, he never really liked Kane". That duo was SOOOOO good.

I mean you had Pac as this worldly guy who became allies by convenience with Kane, but eventually saw something there in him that was more than just a monster....and you had Kane who only ever felt hatred and had been metaphorically burned by EVERYONE he ever encountered.....and how he wanted to change but feeling hatred was easier than other feelings because he could get hurt if he did feel them. So he wants to move forward but its easier to just be a monster..but this little guy believes in him and wants to help him and Kane recognizes that and slowly but surely starts to change, becoming more confident in who he is to where he can actually speak (without that throat vibrator thing) and becomes nurturing and protective of X-Pac. Hell, he even gets a girlfriend who's also been in the shadow of an older sibling (wink wink nudge nudge)

but no....screw that.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Cody Rhodes makes his opinion of Disco Inferno felt: https://twitter.com/CodyRhodes/status/9 ... 4098757632
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Jabroniville wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:27 am Cody Rhodes makes his opinion of Disco Inferno felt: https://twitter.com/CodyRhodes/status/9 ... 4098757632
As much as i hat saying it,Cody wasn't exactly wrong.......

I personally think the 70's gimmick could work today,if handled correctly by someone who had some good promo skills.Mike Awesome did rather well with it in WCW.....
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

HalloweenJack wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:15 pm......
Dude,i'm totally being serious! A small 70's gimmick could work today if handled right.Just look at Elias....
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

but you invoked 'That 70's Guy'
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

HalloweenJack wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:01 pm but you invoked 'That 70's Guy'
While i admit Awesome had the charisma of an old goat,he still made it work ok.Just think of how it would've worked if given to someone with some good mic skills....
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

I love Mike Awesome. But that 70's Guy did him no favors.

maybe on another wrestler it COULD work....but between that and the Fat Chick Thriller gimmick they saddled him with......damn it Russo.

How do you take a monster heel who can work and turn him into a joke overnight? You do THAT.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Is it just me,or does tomorrow's Wrestlemania card look......off somehow? I know it's not the lack of an Undertaker match(i knew that going in),but i honestly think they need to add at least one more match or something to it...
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

honestly I think there'll be an impromptu Undertaker match.

Though I think it's seriously overbooked TBH. like there's so many matches and i couldn't tell you all of them
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

So,any thoughts on Wrestlemania results?

I'm of the mind that not only was it too long(i'm sorry,but 7+/- hours is WAY too long),but some of those matches could've been saved for the Raw/Smackdown after(the Cruiserweight Title match,Bliss/Jax,that gawd-awful Raw tag title match,etc.).....
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

overall I'm surprised by a few things, but I can't say I'm mad about them.

It's sad to hear AJ and Nakamura's match wasn't as good as hoped for, but kinda neat that Ronda Rousey may actually be as good in the ring as WWE wants here to be.

very shocked that Charlotte beat Asuka. I guess they swerved us.

also Lesnar winning is what I prefer....now maybe after the crowd shit that match they'll quit trying to make Roman the guy.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Don't hold yer breath on them ditchin' Roman any time soon,as i heard an ugly rumor their giving him the title tonight on Raw.....

What i'm more shocked 'bout was how well Steph did in that match(I knew Rousey was gonna transition well into wrestling due to her training style),if she wasn't the bosses daughter,she'd be pretty good on NXT....

Making Askua lose her streak was the wrong call IMHO,as now what do you do with her?.......