So, favorite pro wrestlers?

The place to talk about football, baseball, wrestling, and any other sports news.
MacynSnow

Re: So, favorite pro wrestlers?

Post by MacynSnow » Thu May 24, 2018 5:37 pm

It'll probably happen,just cause the power-that-be want a "Big Man-vs.-Little Man" feud(because it's naturally 1995 again :roll: ),so they're just gonna throw 2 good wrestlers and workers under the bus.....

M4C8

Post by M4C8 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:07 pm

I've not been into wrestling since I was a kid, I'm talking WWF before even wrestlers like Stone Cold. Of course being English my favourite at the time was the British Bulldog. I've seen bits of modern wrestling and it seems that the 'character' wrestlers of my childhood have mostly disappeared, they all now seem to just be a random assortment of dudes. It's a bit like MMA for me, back when it first became a thing it was genuinely 'mixed martial arts' with people from different martial backgrounds fighting each other, now its seems 'MMA' has become a style of it's own with all the fighters trained in that style.

HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack » Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:12 pm

I think there's more to it than that, but I can see what you mean too. There aren't as many broad characters as there were, but at least its not the mid 2000s either

Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III » Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:58 pm

M4C8 wrote:
Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:07 pm
I've not been into wrestling since I was a kid, I'm talking WWF before even wrestlers like Stone Cold. Of course being English my favourite at the time was the British Bulldog. I've seen bits of modern wrestling and it seems that the 'character' wrestlers of my childhood have mostly disappeared, they all now seem to just be a random assortment of dudes. It's a bit like MMA for me, back when it first became a thing it was genuinely 'mixed martial arts' with people from different martial backgrounds fighting each other, now its seems 'MMA' has become a style of it's own with all the fighters trained in that style.
That’s an inevitable outcome of the sport’s scoring system.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.