So, favorite pro wrestlers?

The place to talk about football, baseball, wrestling, and any other sports news.
HalloweenJack

Re: So, favorite pro wrestlers?

Post by HalloweenJack »

it'd be a good match, but if it were me I'd have Beer Money win. It'd be very competitive but they just seem to 'work' better together if you get my drift. Like that's natural.

The Bar has done very well for just two guys thrown together and they also 'work' well, but I eventually see them breaking up and a feud with Beer money could be the catalyst for it.

then maybe we can get back to pushing Cesaro again. Man they dropped the ball with that a few years ago when he was swinging Khali around and the like.

It's a case of WWE wanting to push who they want and not the ones who are organically over. Cesaro had that. Wade Barrett had that when he became Bad News Barrett. But they didn't want them to be the stars.

Braun has worked out amazingly well (I once posed the question if he was Roman Reigns done right) and I think he owes that, at least from the company's standpoint, to how freaking big he is. I would've given him the win at Elimination Chamber myself. I mean he comes in hot as hell and eliminates everyone and then Roman just decides to beat him.

Though if they make Roman go full heel and put Heyman with him, then a feud with Braun leading up to summerslam would be great
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

HalloweenJack wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:29 pm it'd be a good match, but if it were me I'd have Beer Money win. It'd be very competitive but they just seem to 'work' better together if you get my drift. Like that's natural.

The Bar has done very well for just two guys thrown together and they also 'work' well, but I eventually see them breaking up and a feud with Beer money could be the catalyst for it.

then maybe we can get back to pushing Cesaro again. Man they dropped the ball with that a few years ago when he was swinging Khali around and the like.

It's a case of WWE wanting to push who they want and not the ones who are organically over. Cesaro had that. Wade Barrett had that when he became Bad News Barrett. But they didn't want them to be the stars.

Braun has worked out amazingly well (I once posed the question if he was Roman Reigns done right) and I think he owes that, at least from the company's standpoint, to how freaking big he is. I would've given him the win at Elimination Chamber myself. I mean he comes in hot as hell and eliminates everyone and then Roman just decides to beat him.

Though if they make Roman go full heel and put Heyman with him, then a feud with Braun leading up to summerslam would be great
I agree with you on Beer Money winning,though i'd give The Bar a couple of wins in the short feud/breakup fight.

As far as pushing Cesaro afterward.....They'd really have no choice,especially with Seamus' Neck injury being allmost as bad as Edge's was(the one that forced him to retire right after WM....),that's also why they've had Cesaro take all the major bumps lately(though that fugly teeth implosion he suffered was alegit accident on Jeff's part.I heard he even helped pay half the dental cost's without even being asked to by management)

I honestly don't see a Braun/Roman feud happening again untill after Summerslam,as they're trying to shove Elias down our throat right now(personally think he'd work better as a face.Doesn't have the natural ego the Honky-tonk Man had)

I honestly hope they either turn The Bar back to faces(they could still keep the jackets&Kilts,as those look rather good on them and it's a distinctive look) or turn The Revival so they can set-up a rather good-on paper match for 'Mania over the tag titles.Otherwise,they won't have enough matches to fill the card.....
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

i like where your head is
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Want to brainstorm here for original wrestler's for Jab's wrestling thread,or do you think we should go classic first?
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

I'd like to see him go classic from the different eras.

Like do an 80s thread of the WWF, then NWA or even AWA

then get early 90s stuff

Attitude era

post attitude era, etc
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

I agree with you,though i'd volunteer to help him do 80's-early 90's WCW as i practically grew-up with it(my aunt that we'd been staying with while my mom&dad went through a divorce had a crush on Rick Flair and refused to watch anything else at the time). :)
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

MacynSnow wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:27 am Want to brainstorm here for original wrestler's for Jab's wrestling thread,or do you think we should go classic first?
Original wrestlers, or building established, real-world ones?
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Jabroniville wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:08 pm
MacynSnow wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:27 am Want to brainstorm here for original wrestler's for Jab's wrestling thread,or do you think we should go classic first?
Original wrestlers, or building established, real-world ones?
It's Whichever one you want to do,it's your thread man.

Thought,if you need help with established guys,me&Jack are(debateably) the most knowledgeable on the thread..... :D

If it was original,i was thinking more along the lines of Marvel's Unlimited Class Wrestling only legit(i don't think what Power Broker did would count as Steroid use,as it was a one time procedure only).....
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Here's a fun story about wrestlers going to North Korea for the "Kollision in Korea" show. Scott Norton's encounter with the Communist military tapping his phone calls sounds terrifying. I also love their description of the women's wrestlers, as the Commie women of NK are essentially starved-down drones, and then Japan comes out with BULL NAKANO, a titanic woman with six-inch-tall blue hair.

: https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2015/0 ... orth-korea
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

yeah I've heard both Ric Flair and Eric Bischoff talk about that.

Their tour guide/handler would tell them "Stay away from our women" and take them to spots for pictures where they'd have to look solemn.

Bischoff mentioned that he was apparently seated pretty close to Kim Jong Il but didn't dare look his way for fear he may be kept there.

I think Flair mentioned how Muhammad Ali was also there and after looking at everything there and how badly the place was ran said "Man no wonder we hate these motherf***ers."
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

What makes all that ironic is they originally went there to promote world peace...... ;)
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

well North Korea is a nation of peace....
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

So,opinions of the GRR?
My favorite bit was Titus doing a belly slide under the ring....:D
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

I was rather fond of Jinder's phantom bump myself.

But I think Uproxx put it best when they said it was a giant house show of no real importance or continuity after a shake-up that rendered alot of the outcomes pretty transparent, when they should have been building up Backlash instead...and we see what happened there.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

That's true,backlash WAS terribly done....So,how goes Raw/Smackdown(i don't watch 'em much anymore....)?