So, favorite pro wrestlers?

The place to talk about football, baseball, wrestling, and any other sports news.
HalloweenJack

Re: So, favorite pro wrestlers?

Post by HalloweenJack »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cN5hxCfedYw

and why not? i love the Glorious bombs
danelsan

Post by danelsan »

I really like Bayley too. She has a fun, very well developed character, and can do good work in the ring, having managed to bring some pretty decent matches out of quite bad wrestlers.

Also, that time she cheered up an injured Finn Bálor by doing his entrance was just amazing XD And she just about nailed it, too!

Bálor would later return the favor ^_^
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

I would ship them SO hard
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

WWE might have... The TvTropes WMG page mentions there were a series of vignettes with Balor and Hayley going out that abruptly ended with no resolution. Fan opinion is divided whether it was a shoot or a work.
danelsan

Post by danelsan »

I've read somewhere that they considered having a (in-character) relationship, but in the end did not went through with it because it wouldn't work given his demonic version.

That is probably just one rumor among many, though.
Last edited by danelsan on Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
danelsan

Post by danelsan »

Back to wrestler preferences, what do you people think of the ones (mostly Japanese, apparently) who go more for striking than typical wrestling moves or even acrobatic Lucha stuff? Like Asuka or Shinsuke Nakamura.

Personally, I'm fine with it, specially since they do have a bit of traditional wrestling moves here and there (heck, one of Asuka's finisher's is a strangling move), as long as they are good overall (and both of those I mentioned are good in the ring and have their well-established characters).

As an aside, I think Nakamura can sometimes surf on the massive wave of hype he's got and phone it in a bit at times. His best stuff is great, though.
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

I highly enjoyed Steve Blackman's character.
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

danelsan wrote:Back to wrestler preferences, what do you people think of the ones (mostly Japanese, apparently) who go more for striking than typical wrestling moves or even acrobatic Lucha stuff? Like Asuka or Shinsuke Nakamura.

Personally, I'm fine with it, specially since they do have a bit of traditional wrestling moves here and there (heck, one of Asuka's finisher's is a strangling move), as long as they are good overall (and both of those I mentioned are good in the ring and have their well-established characters).

As an aside, I think Nakamura can sometimes surf on the massive wave of hype he's got and phone it in a bit at times. His best stuff is great, though.

I'd agree on that.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Arn "that friend's dad you were always afraid of as a kid" Anderson is one of my favorites, despite being so low-key and having such an "average" career. Just a TON of great stuff in his catalog of work. Very, VERY few wrestlers were ever as good as Arn Anderson when it came to "little things"

Examples:
* When RICKY STEAMBOAT was revealed to be the surprise opponent of Anderson's team, both heels are completely aghast and horrified. But Anderson has to grab his partner and repeatedly lecture "He's JUST a man!... He's JUST a man!!" putting Steamboat over even MORE.

* When Andre the Giant boasts during a Royal Rumble interview that he'll throw out anybody- including his allies- to win, Arn whispers behind Andre's back to Tully Blanchard, silently plotting against him.

And there's also THIS- one of the greatest promos of all time: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhdOAMfkJ-A

-Dean Malenko ain't no interview guy (he's clumsy with his skills), but ARN? Watch at 4:22- Arn just coldly cuts through the BS, chides Dean for even THINKING he can "flash the four fingers in front of MY face!", and goes on to explain what paying your dues, work ethic, being responsible to your commitments, and more, is all about. He talks about burying his grandmother, and "not takin' one day to grieve", and caring for his injured son, then "Then handin' him to his mother, and rollin' down the driveway when he's callin' for his daddy, goin' off to wrestle- that's WORK ETHIC". Then he talks about how desperately he wants to be part of wrestling still, but his body is too broken down to continue. POETRY.

Arn came off as the one legit guy in a world of cartoon characters. He was REAL. His emotions felt like they rang true, even when he was next to a slimeball like Tully, or a walking cartoon like Flair.
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

also Arn's WCW theme was easily one of the most kickass of all time
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

The Rude Brood(aka:The Cool Kid's Table)-This was my Favorite "Faction"(true,it was one for a Survivor Series match,but just think of the Possibilities if they'd stayed together afterwards... :shock: ),but let's break down the Individuals....

Rick Rude("faction"Leader)-My favorite of the group.O.K.,he wasn't the most well-rounded guy& his character made you want to punch him in the face if you caught him out of the arena,but he just had a way of making a match 100% better than what it was.Just look at his "Rivalry" with The Ultimate Warrior as a great example of this...

"Mr.Perfect"Curt Henning("Faction"Enforcer)-You could take this man up against ANY other Technical Wrestler in his day&Age,and you have a Match of the Year Winner.I watched his Match against Bret Hart and was shocked it didn't go to a time limit(they were both that Good at the time...)

The Rougeau Brothers("Faction" Tag Team)-The Rougeau's were (aside from the Stiener's in WcW,at the time)the most well-rounded Tag Team in Wrestling at the time.true,they lacked personality(why else hook them up with "The Mouth of the South" right after this),but they made-up for it with Good Tag Teaming(and this was during the Tag Team Glory Years,too!)..
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

The three of them also have some of the most amazing theme songs in wrestling history- especially the Rougeaus :).
Demiurgos

Post by Demiurgos »

MacynSnow wrote:Image
"Mr.Perfect"Curt Henning("Faction"Enforcer)-You could take this man up against ANY other Technical Wrestler in his day&Age,and you have a Match of the Year Winner.I watched his Match against Bret Hart and was shocked it didn't go to a time limit(they were both that Good at the time...)
Assuming you're referring to the SummerSlam match, Mr. Perfect had a bad back going into the match, so it was an ordeal to go as long as he did. That's also why he submitted immediately as soon as Hart got the Sharpshooter on.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Demiurgos wrote:
MacynSnow wrote:Image
Assuming you're referring to the SummerSlam match, Mr. Perfect had a bad back going into the match, so it was an ordeal to go as long as he did. That's also why he submitted immediately as soon as Hart got the Sharpshooter on.
that's what made it so amazing,especially since bret had Just gotten over the flu...and it was still match of the year,to boot! :)
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

My Brother(some of you might know him as Tatsuie40 from Roninarmy)has bugged me for a week about putting this up&i've finally caved in so....
BIG BOSSMAN=one of my brother's favorite 80's Wrestler's(regardless of which side he was on),but i always felt he was more built for the Face Category than anything else....

SGT. SLAUGHTER=My brother played the Old WWF Arcade Game back in the 80's(this sadly dates me....:()&always paired him&Bossman up and did suprisingly well!(Never could win against the Road Warriors,though...)

As for "Modern" Wrestlers,for some reason he goes for the Lighter guy's....
JOHN MORRISON(aka:Johnny Nitro)=my brother was Hypnotised by how agile he Morrison is.He especially loved Morrison's Last Match against the Champion Miz(The StreetFight where Morrison KO'd Alex Reilly by running along the Guard rail...),and hated how he left WWE...

SHANE(Hurricane) Helms=My brother keeps saying that he could've been a Heavyweight Champion if they had given him the same push they gave Mysterio....