So, favorite pro wrestlers?

The place to talk about football, baseball, wrestling, and any other sports news.
MacynSnow

Re: So, favorite pro wrestlers?

Post by MacynSnow »

HalloweenJack wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:38 pm seems like he needs to worry less about losing and instead put on a good match that gets both guys over

see also Sting vs Cactus Jack or more recently Aleister Black vs Velveteen Dream
I honestly loved the Dream/Black match,as it reminded me of what wrestling could really do and sell.It wasn't about a title or a "shoot beef",it was just about the Dream getting Black to say his name...my personal favorite part was when Dream started yelling at Black after a near 3 to just "say it!".....

As for Sting vs Cactus Jack,that was when we got to see how brilliant Foley could be on the mic,as i honestly thought he wanted to end Sting.....

As an aside,one of my favorite Dream matches has always been Cactus Jack(Prime) vs Jake Roberts(Prime).Just picturing their promo work for this match gives me gooseflesh.....
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

that would be pretty epic
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

So,who you think would win in the end?

In mic work,my money goes on jake (especially if he's the heel),due to the way he works his face & eyes when he talks......

as for in-ring,i'd give it foley barely winning the short feud,he just has more endurance than jake does.......
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

I'd bet on Jake if it was Cactus, if he was Mankind though I'd go for Mick
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Mind giving reasoning?I love hearing others thought processes(i'd be a horrible telepath,due to my inherent nosiness :lol: )....
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

As Cactus Jack, Foley was more of an "Upper Midcarder"- the guy who feuds with the guy who draws money, but is otherwise just in midcard matches. As Mankind, he was WWF Champion- a role Roberts was never suited for. Cactus & Jake were on similar levels (and Jake, despite his dominance, never won a great deal of matches against high-tier competition), but Mankind was at the top.
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

basically, and I think the DDT would put Cactus out
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

plus I think Jake's cunning would win out over Cactus's unpredictability
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

So,i liked what happened @ the Elemination Chamber(specifically the Womens,we all kindof knew who'd win the mens),especially all the high spots.The fact that they're making Bliss out to be a credible Heel champ without cheating might force a face turn,but would be better than what their currently doing with the Universal title lately.....
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

I keep coming back to that Sasha kicking Bayley off the pod and loving how it's so Lion King

*Izzy comes running in to the downed Bayley*

Izzy: Help! Somebody! Anybody!

Sasha: oh Izzy, what did you do?

Izzy: I didn't..I...

Sasha: You have to run Izzy, far away and never come back!

*Izzy runs off as the Riott Squad comes into view behind Sasha*

Sasha: ...kill her.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Wow,i never would've thought about it like that,but it would totally work! It makes Sasha a credible Heel (honestly,i think she'd be better at it than Baley or Bliss) and it would also put some fire back into the Raw women's division(turn Bliss and Absolution faces and you have a beautiful faction feud going into Wrestlmania).....
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

Bliss may as well be a face. She's pretty popular and I'd honestly like to see how she fares as a face, see if she can use her charisma and work on it in a credible way there (as working face is generally more challenging than working heel)
BriarThrone

Post by BriarThrone »

HalloweenJack wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:21 pm Bliss may as well be a face. She's pretty popular and I'd honestly like to see how she fares as a face, see if she can use her charisma and work on it in a credible way there (as working face is generally more challenging than working heel)
Maybe it would work better for her now that she's got some popularity and personality to the character, but before her NXT heel turn, she was terribly bland.

Experience would be a factor too, I guess.

On balance, I think she could make it work.
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

matter of fact we need alot of turns

Cena needs to go heel FINALLY because of him getting to that "I'm not the man I used to be" state.

Ambrose needs a heel turn desperately

Wyatt needs a face turn....just anything other than the S.O.S.

Reigns should go full on heel after WM, and take Heyman as his spokesman
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Unfortunately,If Cena goes Heel,every single Make-A-Wish kid Would instantly die.... :lol:

Baley going Heel might work better,though.Especially after what happened last Raw.

Ambrose going Heel doesn't add right to me.Neutral,maybe....

At the point,Reignes going Heel's just to obvious

Wyatt going Face(especially if Matt and a returning Jeff,aka Brother Nero, go Heel) could work real well,especially if Braun stay's face...

Here's an intresting Dream tag match:Beer Money(Roode&Storm) versus The Bar(Seamus&Cesaro)....any thoughts? :D