Worst pro wrestlers other than Dino Bravo

The place to talk about football, baseball, wrestling, and any other sports news.
Jabroniville

Re: Worst pro wrestlers other than Dino Bravo

Post by Jabroniville »

Whoops- put that in the wrong thread. Oh well.

My votes for worst:
Giant Gonzalez- He looked visually impressive (making Kevin Sorbo, The Undertaker & Kevin Nash look short isn't easy), but his horribly awkward movements in the ring made him an impossible opponent.
Dino Bravo: Excelled at none of the "Bret Hart Categories"- Look, Skill & Charisma. He was dumpy-looking, moved almost as bad as Gonzalez, and had no charisma whatsoever. Amazingly, despite never winning any titles in the WWF, he maintained a HUGELY impressive Win/Loss record for his multi-year run in the company.
Kurrgan: Another useless big guy, but with an awkward-looking body. He's much better off playing goons in Hollywood.
Giant Silva: Also tall & useless, and was dumped out of the WWF so that Big Show would look taller.
BriarThrone

Post by BriarThrone »

I'm noticing a theme with that list, Jab. Another guy, more recent, but he'd fit right in with the "big but useless" crew, was Great Kali. They tried to give him a story romance in Natalya to give him some depth of character... right as they debut Total Divas, prominently showcasing her relationship with Tyson Kidd.
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

How could I forget New Jack?

He's both a pretty terrible wrestler and a pretty terrible human being too
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

I guess I'll expound on that.

Guy seems like a legit psycho. I mean he's notorious for just starting to shoot on people in the ring for no reason. There was some thing with Gypsy Joe, who at the time was near 70 I think, and New Jack just starts wailing on him for real. And the Mass Transit incident.....which alot of that was ECW's fault for letting an unknown, untrained guy go on....but man New Jack just went nuts.

He was in a relationship with Terri Runnells (...HOW?!!!) and went on a tiff about how she apparently had herpes (NJ himself got checked out and claimed to not have contracted them...which is possible, so I dunno whether she does or not) and immediately started throwing her under the bus about how she's a terrible mother and likes to get bladed during sex (...I got nothin') and then went on a thing about how he was willing to sell nude pictures of her online, but when she brought a lawsuit he immediately backpedaled and claimed "Oh that wasn't me. It was someone who worked for me".

I dunno for such a hardass as he's made out to be, that seems like a little...and forgive me language, I try not to curse as much as I usually do on these boards.....chickenshit. Both the offer to sell the pics and then the backpedaling

And there's some documentaries out there about how he was simultaneously "Oh woe is me, I''ve got injuries that keep me from sleeping at night and I can't see out of one of my eyes.....but hey I ripped off alot of ring rats* back in the day. Oh man that was great."

* ring rat being a term for female groupies of professional wrestlers for those not in the know.
Darrin Kelley

Post by Darrin Kelley »

The Shockmaster
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Darrin Kelley wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:33 pm The Shockmaster
I dug him as Typhoon- good, old-fashioned Big Fat Guy wrestlers were my faves back in the day :).
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

The Shockmaster thing could've worked if they had gotten rid of that STUPID helmet and re-worked his entrance.Give him a couple of vignette's,an Ambush attack on Hogan and there you go,instant good heat..... :)
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

though that heat would immediately be stolen in the subsequent 3 Hogan matches
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

HalloweenJack wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:17 pm though that heat would immediately be stolen in the subsequent 3 Hogan matches
True,but add in some sneaky manager shenanigans,a tag match or two,and Vola! instant 2 ppv feud......
And,you gotta admit,it would've been better than the one they had him in at the time..... :?
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

Typhoon or Hogan?

Ha, I'm kidding. Both were terrible!
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Oh,absolutely aweful!and to put this into perspective,your talking to someone who grew-up watching WCW since the 80's(specifically since '81)

I honestly liked Sting's feud that was happening at the same time(i think it was with Jake Roberts,though i can't be sure anymore....),they even made those "so awful-they're-Great" Mini-Movies about it.....
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

*has flashbacks to Cheatum the evil midget blowing up the boat Sting and Davey Boy Smith were on*

DON'T...make ...me.....REMEMBER!

man Jake Roberts' career is all kinds of depressing after he left the WWF in 92.

I hadn't been able to watch wrestling in a while (my family temporarily stopped using our satellite package) and by the time we got it back, I had to ease back into it. I remember seeing a magazine in the fall of 92 that had Roberts on the cover with the headline "Jake slithers into WCW!"

I was legitimately interested in wrestling when I saw that (and wondered who these new guys in the magazine were....like Razor Ramon...who I pronounced as Razor Ray-mon at first)

But Jake in WCW? That was a pretty big deal because I remembered when Rude went there.

Aaaaaaand nothing happened for Jake, but his demons got the best of him. Hell, he was only about a year older than I am now when he was considered washed up. That's messed up.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

how about Fabulous Moolah? the WWe No stranger to controversy is attempting to name a Battle royal after a woman who is notorious for pimpimg out her fellow female wrestlers, robbing them of their money, and addicting them to drugs among other assorted offences. Not many people get to lower the bar of slime but man she pushed the issue.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

i had no idea she did that TBH
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Moolah IS rather low on that "Bar-Of-Slime",but New Jack still has the "title"(allbut just in my opinion)

Honestly,WWE naming that Women's Battle Royal after her is just asking for the wrong type of publicity and them just ignoring it or deleting negative comments 'bout it is making into another 2016(?) Ghostbusters remake contraversy.....