So, favorite pro wrestlers?

The place to talk about football, baseball, wrestling, and any other sports news.
MissRo

Re: So, favorite pro wrestlers?

Post by MissRo »

Yeah, most of the videos of her you find online are from pretty early in her career. She's got more meat to her these days, but she can still do those running forward dropkicks effortlessly. It's pretty amazing.

I went back through some of my stuff after we talked, actually. It was in Philadelphia, actually, not Pittsburgh (American cities; not Ro's area of expertise), back in 2011 (pre-kids, when I could do fun things like leave the house). A company called Chikara put in the show, and it was called Joshimania. I think it was the first one, not sure if they did more. I didn't know a single person on the card at the time, shameful to say, but I got to see Sara Del Rey wrestle Aja Kong that night, which was pretty special too.
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Chikara can be a joy to watch. They harken back to the days of WWE when you had wrestling undertakers, wrestling clowns, wrestling boogeymen...
MissRo

Post by MissRo »

Yeah, I have to say it was pretty fun. I remember one tag team who had an ant gimmick, lol.
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

MissRo wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:59 am Yeah, I have to say it was pretty fun. I remember one tag team who had an ant gimmick, lol.
That would be The Colony.

Often well known for their unique reaction to Chuck Taylor's grenade.
MissRo

Post by MissRo »

Bahahahaha, awesome!
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Bret Hart breaks up a fight between Owen Hart and the British Bulldog (his brother and brother-in-law), turns on the American fans once and for all, and reunites the Hart Foundation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBwoJhUNSPQ

Bret is a weird guy as far as charisma goes- he wasn't bombastic at all. Words never flowed from him the way they did from Flair, Dusty, Savage or Hogan. He couldn't get the crowds to worship him the way other guys did. He stumbled over words at times, and came off self-righteous even as a babyface. But when he cuts promos like THIS, it's like he doesn't need to. Great as those guys are on the mic, they're cartoons. Bret came off REAL- like himself turned up to 10.5 instead of 11. And that gives promos like this so much more impact than if a Rocky or even an Austin had done it. Foley could do it, possibly Arn, but I can't think of too many others who could.

Owen does his part beautifully here, too. Crying and wiping tears from his eyes while Bret talks about their past, growing up together ("Only two people in our family excelled at wrestling, and it was you and me").

And CHRIST- Bret's look of sheer disgust and disdain at 6:00, embracing his family and just vomiting all over the American fans.

This is how you can have shit charisma and still maintain an "8" in Promos/Charisma, at minimum.
Death Tribble

Post by Death Tribble »

Ric Flair is recovering from a serious medical condition. You should see his t-shirt which reads 'i'm not BLEEPing dead yet'. Videoes on Youtube.

Rosemary took part in Triplemania in Mexico and got hurt because one of her opponents Sexy Star made them a thing a shoot and then did not release an arm bar when Rosemary tapped out. Star was made to apologise but then went and said it was a work. She has been condemned by almost everyone as a result (see various podcasts and wrestling news) and after changing her story a couple of times has been stripped of the belt she won by the Mexican authorities. Rosemary's reaction on Twitter is worth a look. If you missed it it was the same night as the McGregor-Merryweather fight.
Her current costume adorned with flames is good.

And Asuka is heading to the main roster from NXT undefeated but she is injured

The Enzo Amore and Big Cass videoes are worth a look despite the heat that Enzo has backstage. Enzo's mic skills are good though.
BriarThrone

Post by BriarThrone »

I haven't been keeping up with things lately. Enzo Amore is, to my mind, one of the worst things the WWE puts in front of the fans. Maybe it's not the fault of the performer, but that gimmick is AGONIZING. Now I hear he's got heat backstage. What's up there?
Darrin Kelley

Post by Darrin Kelley »

Bobby "The Brain" Heenan recently passed away.

Bobby was always something special. A Manager, a wrestler, a commentator. He did it all

The wrestling of the 80's simply wouldn't be as memorable as it now is without him. He was an original. And I believe that the whole profession suffered greatly when "The Brain" retired.
BriarThrone

Post by BriarThrone »

Bobby Heenan's legacy lives on. Everybody in the industry has to consciously decide which elements of The Brain's act to borrow from. Even if the answer is "none," the question has to be asked.
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

BriarThrone wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:15 pm I haven't been keeping up with things lately. Enzo Amore is, to my mind, one of the worst things the WWE puts in front of the fans. Maybe it's not the fault of the performer, but that gimmick is AGONIZING. Now I hear he's got heat backstage. What's up there?
Alot of people have said that Enzo really thinks he IS the gimmick he portrays which would of course rub people the wrong way. Plus I read he went to a strip club and harassed one of the dancers recently.

At least we have Braun tossing him around these days
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Is it me,or does that all like a work just to get more reaction to him?(of course, putting him on 205 Live has both helped & hurt that program...)
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

ya know....he's an odd one.

no real skill in the ring

His look is unimpressive but yet stands out due to his peacocking

He has great mic skills, but phones it in most of the time.

He's kinda thrown an already suffering Cruiserweight Division under the bus, but has done some interesting things with it all the same.

and I'll be honest....I actually like the whole Nia Jax having a crush on him angle. to be further honest, I'd totally let Nia crush on me I mean metaphorically not literally.

Although.....
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

and just like that....Enzo is released.....which if he actually did sexually assault someone, good 'effin riddance
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

HalloweenJack wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:01 pm and just like that....Enzo is released.....which if he actually did sexually assault someone, good 'effin riddance
You know,if he'd just stop trying to "Live the Gimmick",he Wouldn't have gotten in this mess......first Rick Swann,now Enzo.I have a really bad feeling 'bout 205 Live living past this year..... :cry: