Disney Infinity

The place to discuss your favorite toys (action figures, dolls, building blocks, etc.), board games, and video games, as well their related industries and related news.
Ares
Site Admin

Disney Infinity

Post by Ares »

I'm curious if anyone else ever got addicted to this game like I did. I'm a huge crossover nut, so a game where I could have Mr. Incredible and Spider-Man team up to fight Darth Vader sounded like a really good time. The concept of being able to build your own levels and games also made it a lot of fun. It's really a shame that Disney closed this down, as I feel the gaming technology finally allowed for more of the concepts to work more smoothly. But at least we got the Star Wars characters in before the shut down.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Bladewind

Re: Disney Infinity

Post by Bladewind »

I probably would have, but my son was into Skylanders... and has the first three games and a ton of characters. While not exactly the same, the premise was quite similar in that there were figures that you bought and they interacted with the game...
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

It's a pretty fun system, though it's immediately clear how lacking older the first generation figures are compares to their second and third generation figures. Which is a shame because the Incredibles were a first generation release.

But the actual level creation aspect of the game made for a lot of fun and almost endless possibilities, if you take the time to master the system. Seems like something a good GM could have fun with.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

oh,it looks like a really fun game&all,but my issue was always the Price:i'm sorry,but i don't like the though of 80-90 bucks for a Set-up disk,a Toy Platform and 2-3 figures only....(FYI,i'm also considered a Tightwad by my friends&family due to this...:D)
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Price was comparable to their games. It's he additional figures that add up.

On the other hand, the figures do look good on a shelf/ on display...
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

At least with the figures you have a tangible Phyiscal Thing™ that you can do something with. Oh, it might just sit on a shelf and look pretty, but that's more than you can do with a digital-only DLC character for most other games.

I mean, I've got my eye on an S.H.Figuarts' Tuxedo Mask toy and he'd literally serve no purpose other than standing on my bookshelf looking pretty.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
Shock

Post by Shock »

I believe Lego Dimensions is the same sort of thing as well and, judging by the number of add-ons they've produced, it's bringing in a ton of money. Plus it works very well with the whole Lego XXX games they've been producing for some time now.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Shock wrote:I believe Lego Dimensions is the same sort of thing as well and, judging by the number of add-ons they've produced, it's bringing in a ton of money. Plus it works very well with the whole Lego XXX games they've been producing for some time now.
Lego XXX games!? Snicker. I've got a really big piece for you right here.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Batgirl III wrote:
Shock wrote:I believe Lego Dimensions is the same sort of thing as well and, judging by the number of add-ons they've produced, it's bringing in a ton of money. Plus it works very well with the whole Lego XXX games they've been producing for some time now.
[*]Round of applause from the GREED-E cast[*]
Bravo,Bats,Bravo! :D
Shock

Post by Shock »

Batgirl III wrote:
Walked right into that one didn't I?