Your Favorite Crossovers - Video Game edition

The place to discuss your favorite toys (action figures, dolls, building blocks, etc.), board games, and video games, as well their related industries and related news.
Ares
Site Admin

Re: Your Favorite Crossovers - Video Game edition

Post by Ares »

I wish Marvel and DC would pull their collective heads out of their own butts and start working together, both with each other and anime creators. Fans would kill for a Marvel vs DC video game, and likewise games that would pit Marvel and DC heroes against manga/anime characters. The first video game that allows Superman and Goku to fight is going to sell like gangbusters.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Batman versus Devil Man versus Spider-Man.

Make it happen Japan.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Here's one i think could actually work....
Captain American/G.I.Joe:The Patriot Project
....'Merica!
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

MacynSnow wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:50 am Here's one i think could actually work....
....'Merica!
See, since this is the video game crossover thread, I hear "The Patriot Project" and I think a Captain America / Metal Gear Solid crossover.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Ares wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:47 am
MacynSnow wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:50 am Here's one i think could actually work....
....'Merica!
See, since this is the video game crossover thread, I hear "The Patriot Project" and I think a Captain America / Metal Gear Solid crossover.
G.I.Joe had a video game....it wasn't a very GOOD game,but it should still count!....Altho A MGS/Cap crossover sounds much better.....
Double 'Merica!
Nunya B

Post by Nunya B »

You can't have 'Merica! in a video game crossover without wedging Metal Wolf Chaos in there somewhere.
Cap/GI/MGS/MWC. Quintuple 'Merica!
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

Nunya B wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:55 pm You can't have 'Merica! in a video game crossover without wedging Metal Wolf Chaos in there somewhere.
Cap/GI/MGS/MWC. Quintuple 'Merica!
See, but then I'd want Captain America to be piloting Metal Wolf with some giant version of his shield on it. And that would just make the game too easy. Because at that point, Capt. America could take out Galactus.

L-Space

Post by L-Space »

Ares wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:30 am There's a new Shonen Jump Crossover called Jump Force coming out next year:

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKg3cGVNVvo&t=2s

Gameplay: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-mEzQ4QQb8

The Death Note appearance at the end of the trailer gives me hope of a large roster from multiple sources. Be cool if they included some characters from My Hero Academia, Ruroni Kenshin, Fist of the Northstar, etc.
The Death Note appearance actually kind of threw me off because he's not really a fighter. But who know, Ace Wright Attoreny was in MvC3 so they could make it work.

I'd pay good money to see a Goku vs All Might fight! Plus Ultra!
Formerly luketheduke86
L-Space

Post by L-Space »

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate was also given a release date and is said to contain every playable character that's ever been in Smash Bros. game is available as a playable character in this game. That's a roster of 60+ charactgers. :shock:
Formerly luketheduke86
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

L-Space wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:58 pm
Ares wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:30 am There's a new Shonen Jump Crossover called Jump Force coming out next year:

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKg3cGVNVvo&t=2s

Gameplay: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-mEzQ4QQb8

The Death Note appearance at the end of the trailer gives me hope of a large roster from multiple sources. Be cool if they included some characters from My Hero Academia, Ruroni Kenshin, Fist of the Northstar, etc.
The Death Note appearance actually kind of threw me off because he's not really a fighter. But who know, Ace Wright Attoreny was in MvC3 so they could make it work.
I figure it could work with Ryuk doing all of the attacking while Light hangs back and scribbles stuff in his book. Maybe even make it to where Ryuk does a lot of damage, but in exchange, Light takes a lot more due to being a "mere mortal", the way they use to balance out Akuma by having him deal insane damage but also take more damage, requiring players to actually have their defensive skills up to par to really simulate how Akuma would fight.
My man. *high fives*

Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

L-Space wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:01 pm Super Smash Bros. Ultimate was also given a release date and is said to contain every playable character that's ever been in Smash Bros. game is available as a playable character in this game. That's a roster of 60+ charactgers. :shock:
NICE. And I won't be surprised when they throw in still more.

Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

There is actually a game where My Hero Academia crosses over with Dragon Ball, YuYu Hakusho, Naruto, One Piece and several others. It's a little mobile game called Jumputi Heroes, but still, looks like fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a76IV3I1MQY&t=870s

L-Space

Post by L-Space »

Ares wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:05 pm I figure it could work with Ryuk doing all of the attacking while Light hangs back and scribbles stuff in his book. Maybe even make it to where Ryuk does a lot of damage, but in exchange, Light takes a lot more due to being a "mere mortal", the way they use to balance out Akuma by having him deal insane damage but also take more damage, requiring players to actually have their defensive skills up to par to really simulate how Akuma would fight.
Huh, that would actually work really well.
Ares wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:05 pmMy man. *high fives*
*high five* I love My Hero Academia, one of the best superhero stories to come out in the last few years, IMO.
Ares wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:28 pm There is actually a game where My Hero Academia crosses over with Dragon Ball, YuYu Hakusho, Naruto, One Piece and several others. It's a little mobile game called Jumputi Heroes, but still, looks like fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a76IV3I1MQY&t=870s
Sweet, I'll have to check that out.
Formerly luketheduke86
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

Yeah, my brother introduced me to My Hero Academia, and I've basically fallen in love with the series. It's sad that it feels more like an old school comic book than most modern day comic books. In a lot of ways, I view it as a superior take on Young Justice, since while the kids are able to do heroic things, the adult heroes are still shown as the clear, powerful professionals and the kids rarely ever show them up.

Plus I just love All Might and Midoriya. It's like if Captain America was given the Hulk's power, but said power ran on Willpower rather than Rage, and was training Spider-Man to replace him.

Man, now I want to see a My Hero Academia crossover with Captain Marvel.

L-Space

Post by L-Space »

Yea, All Might is unique take on your standard brick/powerhouse character and immediately made me think of Captain Marvel.

I just love Midoriya's characters. He has that shy, timidness that makes him seem like meek bystander, but as soon as someone's in danger he's either coming up with a plan or sprinting into action to help that person. Just great old-school heroics.
Formerly luketheduke86