Injustice 2, anyone playing?

The place to discuss your favorite toys (action figures, dolls, building blocks, etc.), board games, and video games, as well their related industries and related news.
RUSCHE

Injustice 2, anyone playing?

Post by RUSCHE »

Our famy/friend's nought the deluxe version of the game and after playing thought story mode (on easy) as I am a old man, I found that I enjoyed it mostly. Found the voice acting to be great and the graphics are top notch also. My initial gripes about the armor and gear that can be equipped is slowly fading. Has any one else played it? Thoughts?
RUSCHE

Re: Injustice 2, anyone playing?

Post by RUSCHE »

Placed this on wrong area, sorry.
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

No worries.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
RUSCHE

Post by RUSCHE »

Thanks Ares.
MissRo

Post by MissRo »

I blow at fighting games, but I've been watching my husband play. I was impressed with the story mode. They put a lot of effort into it. I can't speak to the gameplay, but hubby enjoys it.
RUSCHE

Post by RUSCHE »

Love the voice acting. Agree that the story line is really well done.
MissRo

Post by MissRo »

I think it's mostly the voice actors from the Justice League animated show, isn't it?
RUSCHE

Post by RUSCHE »

Yes for the most part I believe so.
RUSCHE

Post by RUSCHE »

Yes for the most part I believe so.
MissRo

Post by MissRo »

And apparently Freddy Krueger voiced the Scarecrow.
RUSCHE

Post by RUSCHE »

Man I missed that connection. That is awesome.
BriarThrone

Post by BriarThrone »

So, I bought Injustice 2. Played through it in an afternoon/evening. My reaction? Meeehhh...

Story
SPOILERS!!!
---------------------------------------------
The story was full of ridiculous holes, but hey, it's a comic book style game, so of course it is. If you treat it as a popcorn flick that sporadically makes you fiddle with the controller to progress, it's entertaining. The concept of Superman being evil distresses me, but in a way that kept my attention rather than drove me off. There were several points in there that I felt like Superman could easily redeem himself just by demonstrating a little of who he used to be, but they chose the most cynical possible outcome every time. Frustrating, but fascinating. I'm glad I played through it, at least once. Not sure the story has a lot of replay value, though.

Gameplay
This is the thing for me. I bought the game because of the license, primarily. I would not have bought it if it had Mortal Kombat characters in place of the DC ones, because I'm not a huge fighting game fan. I enjoy them from time to time, but not enough to warrant full purchase. I was hoping this would be the exception. I was wrong.

This game is very much designed for fighting game enthusiasts. After the story, you're pretty much grinding for better stuff in able you to better grind for better stuff. It's not terribly rewarding. There's also the online multiplayer mode, but that's just a way for casuals like me to get shamefully wrecked. I can't see myself investing enough time in this to make it worth my purchase. It may be worthwhile for any fighting game enthusiast who is also a DC comics fan, but that's just not me.

There's not even any ability to play as Dick Grayson or Tim Drake.

EDIT:
Graphics
Pretty enough. I mean, it hardly needs to be said of a big-budget game any more. I do appreciate that they took the effort to make all the characters' faces look appropriately different from each other, but Black Canary looks kind of like a cheap stripper, and Wonder Woman looks... the least appealing I've ever seen Wonder Woman.
RUSCHE

Post by RUSCHE »

BriarThrone wrote: Thu May 25, 2017 7:03 pm So, I bought Injustice 2. Played through it in an afternoon/evening. My reaction? Meeehhh...

Story
SPOILERS!!!
---------------------------------------------
The story was full of ridiculous holes, but hey, it's a comic book style game, so of course it is. If you treat it as a popcorn flick that sporadically makes you fiddle with the controller to progress, it's entertaining. The concept of Superman being evil distresses me, but in a way that kept my attention rather than drove me off. There were several points in there that I felt like Superman could easily redeem himself just by demonstrating a little of who he used to be, but they chose the most cynical possible outcome every time. Frustrating, but fascinating. I'm glad I played through it, at least once. Not sure the story has a lot of replay value, though.

Gameplay
This is the thing for me. I bought the game because of the license, primarily. I would not have bought it if it had Mortal Kombat characters in place of the DC ones, because I'm not a huge fighting game fan. I enjoy them from time to time, but not enough to warrant full purchase. I was hoping this would be the exception. I was wrong.

This game is very much designed for fighting game enthusiasts. After the story, you're pretty much grinding for better stuff in able you to better grind for better stuff. It's not terribly rewarding. There's also the online multiplayer mode, but that's just a way for casuals like me to get shamefully wrecked. I can't see myself investing enough time in this to make it worth my purchase. It may be worthwhile for any fighting game enthusiast who is also a DC comics fan, but that's just not me.

EDIT:
Graphics
Pretty enough. I mean, it hardly needs to be said of a big-budget game any more. I do appreciate that they took the effort to make all the characters' faces look appropriately different from each other, but Black Canary looks kind of like a cheap stripper, and Wonder Woman looks... the least appealing I've ever seen Wonder Woman.
I enjoyed the leveling up of the characters, I totally agree on the Superman characterization and missed opportunity. Other than that I enjoy it just for the fun of mindless fighting. I have Jay Garrick as a skin with different dialog interaction and that works for me. 😁
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

BriarThrone wrote: Thu May 25, 2017 7:03 pm
From what I understand, you can sort of play as both of them if you squint a little. Apparently Damian can unlock this weapon called the Staff of Grayson, which allows you to equip it to Damian and it switches out the sword for Nightwing's staff, complete with swapping out all of the moves. There's also some costume pieces that make Damian resemble Nightwing, I believe.

So if you want, you can potentially re-create Nightwing, or you can have Robin equipped with a staff and pretend it's Tim.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
slade the sniper

Post by slade the sniper »

I played Injustice, then read the entire comic series, and played Injustice 2...and frankly I prefer the Injustice universe to the regular DC settings. Great game, great comic series and I give it a 4 out of 5, easily. Biggest issue is the lack of replay value in the story mode...you can get 2 or three run thru's before the game becomes way too repetitive.

Absolutely worth the money, however, especially if you like fighting games. In my home it got played a lot as everyone played through the game twice.

-STS