Favorite Bad Movie and why

The place to talk about your favorite movies, tv series, cartoons, music and theater.
User avatar
Ares
Site Admin
Posts: 1940
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:40 am

Re: Favorite Bad Movie and why

Post by Ares » Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:38 pm

Also, Doc Savage trained Batman.

User avatar
HalloweenJack
Posts: 926
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:50 pm

Re: Favorite Bad Movie and why

Post by HalloweenJack » Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:13 pm

well, he was one guy who did it.

User avatar
Ares
Site Admin
Posts: 1940
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:40 am

Re: Favorite Bad Movie and why

Post by Ares » Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:33 pm

HalloweenJack wrote:
Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:13 pm
well, he was one guy who did it.
Well sure, but I figure being trained by Doc Savage would knock out something like 60-70% of the necessary teaching requirements. If Bruce can get both Doc Savage AND The Shadow as teachers, that's more like 90% once you discount the overlap.

User avatar
HalloweenJack
Posts: 926
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:50 pm

Re: Favorite Bad Movie and why

Post by HalloweenJack » Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:56 am

but Bruce is an overachiever, so Zatara for escape artistry, buncha shaolin monks, hitting Japan for a while, etc, etc, and of course etc

MacynSnow
Posts: 3185
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:56 pm

Re: Favorite Bad Movie and why

Post by MacynSnow » Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:04 pm

Try this thought then,you pack of derailers you :P...

Johnny Domino is the illegitimate child of the Shadow.

User avatar
HalloweenJack
Posts: 926
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:50 pm

Re: Favorite Bad Movie and why

Post by HalloweenJack » Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:24 pm

MacynSnow wrote:
Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:04 pm
Try this thought then,you pack of derailers you :P...

Johnny Domino is the illegitimate child of the Shadow.
We're sorry for derailing your thread like....like.....well a San Francisco cable car, but it was for good reason.


I could get behind that one too.

Ken
Posts: 1933
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:40 pm
Location: DeKamore, IL, Earth-Two

Re: Favorite Bad Movie and why

Post by Ken » Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:23 pm

This thread put me in mind to watch Sleepy Hollow. I put the DVD in, and turned on the TV, and... the movie was on before I closed the DVD holder.

It is on Encore Classics.
Does a Winnie poo in the 100-acre wood?

MacynSnow
Posts: 3185
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:56 pm

Re: Favorite Bad Movie and why

Post by MacynSnow » Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:01 pm

Ken wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:23 pm
This thread put me in mind to watch Sleepy Hollow. I put the DVD in, and turned on the TV, and... the movie was on before I closed the DVD holder.

It is on Encore Classics.
Yeah,the DVD was made with the options and title screen at the end of it.Just press the Main Menu option on your remote&you'll be cool.

There's been a LOT of Johnny Depp movies on Encore Classic lately...;)

User avatar
Ares
Site Admin
Posts: 1940
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:40 am

Re: Favorite Bad Movie and why

Post by Ares » Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:16 pm

HalloweenJack wrote:
Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:24 pm
MacynSnow wrote:
Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:04 pm
Try this thought then,you pack of derailers you :P...

Johnny Domino is the illegitimate child of the Shadow.
We're sorry for derailing your thread like....like.....well a San Francisco cable car, but it was for good reason.


I could get behind that one too.
Well you're in luck, there's an actual Pulp thread in the Books/Comics/Webcomics forum. Get in there.

User avatar
HalloweenJack
Posts: 926
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:50 pm

Re: Favorite Bad Movie and why

Post by HalloweenJack » Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:52 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5buqVnYiswA


one of my absolute favorite B-movies, written by Peter David.


My favorite part is probably the big speech about the creature known as the Mon-Ding....and how it hates fear and will attack anything that gives off the scent of fear with its venom, leading to the old saying "whatever knows fear BURNS at the Mon-Ding's touch!"


I was 15 when I saw that and was like "WHAAAAT? OOOOOOOOOH! I understood that reference"

Post Reply