Favorite Bad Movie and why

The place to talk about your favorite movies, tv series, cartoons, music and theater.
Ares
Site Admin

Re: Favorite Bad Movie and why

Post by Ares »

Also, Doc Savage trained Batman.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

well, he was one guy who did it.
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

HalloweenJack wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:13 pm well, he was one guy who did it.
Well sure, but I figure being trained by Doc Savage would knock out something like 60-70% of the necessary teaching requirements. If Bruce can get both Doc Savage AND The Shadow as teachers, that's more like 90% once you discount the overlap.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

but Bruce is an overachiever, so Zatara for escape artistry, buncha shaolin monks, hitting Japan for a while, etc, etc, and of course etc
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Try this thought then,you pack of derailers you :P...

Johnny Domino is the illegitimate child of the Shadow.
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

MacynSnow wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:04 pm Try this thought then,you pack of derailers you :P...

We're sorry for derailing your thread like....like.....well a San Francisco cable car, but it was for good reason.

I could get behind that one too.
Ken

Post by Ken »

This thread put me in mind to watch Sleepy Hollow. I put the DVD in, and turned on the TV, and... the movie was on before I closed the DVD holder.

It is on Encore Classics.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Ken wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:23 pm This thread put me in mind to watch Sleepy Hollow. I put the DVD in, and turned on the TV, and... the movie was on before I closed the DVD holder.

It is on Encore Classics.
Yeah,the DVD was made with the options and title screen at the end of it.Just press the Main Menu option on your remote&you'll be cool.

There's been a LOT of Johnny Depp movies on Encore Classic lately...;)
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

HalloweenJack wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:24 pm
MacynSnow wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:04 pm Try this thought then,you pack of derailers you :P...

We're sorry for derailing your thread like....like.....well a San Francisco cable car, but it was for good reason.

I could get behind that one too.
Well you're in luck, there's an actual Pulp thread in the Books/Comics/Webcomics forum. Get in there.

HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5buqVnYiswA

one of my absolute favorite B-movies, written by Peter David.

My favorite part is probably the big speech about the creature known as the Mon-Ding....and how it hates fear and will attack anything that gives off the scent of fear with its venom, leading to the old saying "whatever knows fear BURNS at the Mon-Ding's touch!"

I was 15 when I saw that and was like "WHAAAAT? OOOOOOOOOH! I understood that reference"