Buffy the Vampire Slayer reboot

The place to talk about your favorite movies, tv series, cartoons, music and theater.
MacynSnow

Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer reboot

Post by MacynSnow »

kirinke wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:53 pm
Chris Brady wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:50 pm
kirinke wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:43 am Please, let them stake Angel at least.

I hate that character.
Are they even going to have a interracial relationship? Or are they going to remake him as a Black vampire?
As long as he's dusted I don't care. Vampires are not cool, romantic things!!!!! They're freaking possessed corpses!
I honestly like the Wesley Snipes movie Blade explaination of them better...And yes,please Dust Angel& Spike! As much as i liked the spin-off(i'm a bit of a Nour freak),that type of Vampire's been done to death! :D *rim-shot is heard*
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

again, I'm not even sure they'd use them. I man why reboot at all if you're going to use the same storylines?

at least with Angel (and later on Spike) you got an excuse as to why they are the way they are, them being the exceptions and not the rule to "How vampires work". Plus when the original show started the whole romance thing hadn't been done QUITE to death yet.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Yeah, it actually gave the entire thing new life. Which led to Twilight

Double yuck.
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Battle Init
Viv: 24
Ren:22
Peekaboo: 20
Deutschritter: 19
Amy: 15
Angrboda: 15
Adeleth: 14
Thugs: 12
Lilly: 7
Alma: 5
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

It could have been debatable that a move was going towards that ever since Interview came out or even Blacula or Dark Shadows before even that.

That said, at least Buffy/Angel and those aforementioned other shows/movies at least got the lore mostly right: fiends who kill with little exception, with the standard weaknesses....though even those changed in the long long ago. Then comes a Mormon chick who admitted she didn't know anything about vampires and wrote them as she wanted. I guess an argument for "Our vampires are different" could lead to that eventuality.
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

HalloweenJack wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:35 pm It could have been debatable that a move was going towards that ever since Interview came out or even Blacula or Dark Shadows before even that.

That said, at least Buffy/Angel and those aforementioned other shows/movies at least got the lore mostly right: fiends who kill with little exception, with the standard weaknesses....though even those changed in the long long ago. Then comes a Mormon chick who admitted she didn't know anything about vampires and wrote them as she wanted. I guess an argument for "Our vampires are different" could lead to that eventuality.
Eh, frankly, vampires have always been a bit different for each culture, generally based on what happened to bodies that were not properly embalmed. The "typical" vampire was based off of Bram Stoker's Dracula, but even there, people ignore that Dracula did not have black straight hair, but rather white hair with tight curls, and a long white mustache. And before Dracula, vampires generally weren't pale, but ruddy-skinned (befitting the skin of a corpse after the blood has pooled and decomposition has started). They were not good-looking, but rather appropriately ghoulish, with long dirty nails, unkempt hair, and stubble or beards, again traits you'd see in a corpse after the skin starts shrinking.
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

that's what I'm saying. It changed in the long long ago. Hell you can get into the one nostril vamps

at any rate, if I feel the need for a black Buffy I'll just google Buffie the Body. hoooo mama