Magnum PI Reboot

The place to talk about your favorite movies, tv series, cartoons, music and theater.
Arkrite

Magnum PI Reboot

Post by Arkrite »

Flynnarrel wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:42 am
Arkrite wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:33 am And probably because I was a fan of Magnum P.I.
I saw the trailer for the reboot TV series... I wasn't a fan of the new look and feel.
So I watched the trailer because, well, I was a huge fan of the original series.

My first thought: Why are you doing a reboot when you still have Tom Selleck?
*bangs head against table*
Seriously, why not have this as the son or grandson of the original, create new characters for some of the other characters. It would make the new female Higgins acceptable.

Okay, let me explain, I am a huge fan of the original series. In the original series Higgins was a stick in the mud, a bit goofy looking, could talk the ears off a brass monkey, and very prim and proper. He was a foil for Magnum and kind of a counterpoint character.
This new Higgins is a hot young woman who's all on board with his shanangans?
For a continuation of the series, I wouldn't mind. For a reboot? That lady should be an ice queen with her nose firmly stuck in the air.

Though, honestly the only part of the trailer I really liked was the obviously pandering yoga scene.

... I like the female form. I refuse to apologize. If you are offended by that please allow me to continue not caring ;~)

The best laugh I had was probably at the obviously going to die best buddy. Here's TC, Rick, Higgans, And RedShirt McNobody. We're going to be best friends forever!

Yeah, this is a bad action movie waiting to happen, which honestly I don't mind. But it doesn't feel like Magnum PI to me.
But why, why, why wouldn't you just say it's a new series, in the same vein, set after the events of the original?
I mean, you still have Tom Selleck!
I don't expect him to be the main character, but come on, that's a guest star role of epic proportions waiting to happen.
It would let you have the name, the draw, but make changes because, guess what, it's not Thomas Magnum, it's Tony Magnum.

*sigh*
Probably a non-issue. I seriously doubt they care about the people who've actually seen the series, they're just hoping the group that didn't see it remembers the name enough care enough to want to see what it was about?
*scratches head*
Batgirl III

Re: Magnum PI Reboot

Post by Batgirl III »

They destroyed Robin-1.

Why not just drive K.I.T.T. off a cliff, light the General Lee on fire before driving it off a cliff, sell the A-Team van for scrap, and fly Airwolf out over the Caribbean before you have it kamikaze dive into the Love Boat and take them both to the bottom of the sea.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

For a second I read this as "Magnum PI Robot" . . . which honestly sounded way more exciting.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Batgirl III wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:34 am sell the A-Team van for scrap
*sigh*
They already trashed the A-Team van in the A-Team reboot movie... :(
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Ares wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:38 am For a second I read this as "Magnum PI Robot" . . . which honestly sounded way more exciting.
Oh god, that would be amazing. But do we have the technology to properly emulate that mustache?! ;~)
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

Arkrite wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:38 am
Ares wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:38 am For a second I read this as "Magnum PI Robot" . . . which honestly sounded way more exciting.
Oh god, that would be amazing. But do we have the technology to properly emulate that mustache?! ;~)
If we have the technology to make a mustache disappear, we can certainly use it to make one appear.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

It's like the MacGyver reboot. It just didn't need to happen.

And I just noticed that Arkrite's Avatar looks like the teen version of Ares' avatar. And both names begin with A. Hmm... is one of you a reboot of the other?
"Something pithy this way comes."
L-Space

Post by L-Space »

This makes me sad... I'm going to have to go find a place to watch the original series so I can purge this atrocity out of my mind.
Formerly luketheduke86