Aquaman!!

The place to talk about your favorite movies, tv series, cartoons, music and theater.
catsi563

Aquaman!!

Post by catsi563 »

The first trailer for Aquaman is out and lets just say this

Atlantis isn't boring any more.

Redheads gotta love em. :lol:
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
HalloweenJack

Re: Aquaman!!

Post by HalloweenJack »

I'm bordering on positive with it.

I mean bright colors and all

and yeah, redheads man.
Last edited by HalloweenJack on Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

That . . . I'm . . . WOW. I'm actually looking forward to this movie.

It's kind of hilarious, really. For years people kept thinking a Wonder Woman movie was impossible and that Aquaman was the biggest joke in the superhero community. Now Wonder Woman is the best DCEU film in ages and Aquaman looks both fun and badass. Meanwhile mainstays like Superman, Batman and the Flash are pretty much terrible in the DCEU. At least Superman was well done in Supergirl and the Flash has his own show that is more hit than miss. Poor Batman doesn't even have that.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

The Batman has the horrible luck of having the executives at Warner Bros. absolutely terrified of ever giving him a live-action television series.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
Voltron64

Post by Voltron64 »

Batgirl III wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:34 pm The Batman has the horrible luck of having the executives at Warner Bros. absolutely terrified of ever giving him a live-action television series.
And even as campy as that was, it was still awesome as balls.
Ken

Post by Ken »

I don't remember the red in Amber Heard's hair being so obviously out of a bottle in Justice League.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

I always love how they forget to dye the eyebrows.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Ken wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:21 am I don't remember the red in Amber Heard's hair being so obviously out of a bottle in Justice League.
This is the dead giveaway, I think, that shows that the film was originally intended to be shown in the same "grey and washed out" color palette as Man of Steel and Batman v. Superman: Dawn of the Mommy Issues. Which means the costume designs, the hair and make-up, the set lighting, and everything was designed to look good in that cool, grey-blue, grimy look. When they color corrected it all in Post-Production and decided to make everything more warm and bright, it all went too far into the plastic, action figure look, as we saw in Justice League.
Yojimbo

Post by Yojimbo »

Black Manta looks BADASS.
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

Yojimbo wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:54 pm Black Manta looks BADASS.
I know, right? Maybe if this does well, we'll get more "silly" villains on screen. I just hope they actually call him Black Manta, I'm tired of the lack of superhero names in superhero films.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Yojimbo wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:54 pm Black Manta looks BADASS.
I’m extremely impressed they didn’t alter his classic “UFO Head” design at all. The head seems a little smaller than some artists’ depictions over the years, but it’s still clearly Black Manta.
Yojimbo

Post by Yojimbo »

Ares wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:59 pm I know, right? Maybe if this does well, we'll get more "silly" villains on screen. I just hope they actually call him Black Manta, I'm tired of the lack of superhero names in superhero films.
I don't know why Black Manta is a "silly" villain. He killed Aquababy. That's like Joker-level street cred.

Wait, maybe the clue is in the word "Aquababy." That's hardly Black Manta's fault, though!
Batgirl III wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:00 pm I’m extremely impressed they didn’t alter his classic “UFO Head” design at all. The head seems a little smaller than some artists’ depictions over the years, but it’s still clearly Black Manta.
Yeah, anyone who saw Challenge of the Superfriends knows who that is. And I really hope he turns out more dangerous than Orm, because Black Manta in the comics is actually kind of scary.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

How weird is it to find ourselves living in a world where Aquaman and Wonder Woman look like they’re going to be more popular and better received than the Batman/Superman crossover movie?

Is this real life?
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Batgirl III wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:01 pm
Is this real life?
Or is it just Fantasy? :lol:
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

catsi563 wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:06 pm
Batgirl III wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:01 pm
Is this real life?
Or is it just Fantasy? :lol:
I feel like I'm caught in a landslide.