Captain Marvel trailer(original Captain Marvel)

The place to talk about your favorite movies, tv series, cartoons, music and theater.
Ares
Site Admin

Re: Captain Marvel trailer(original Captain Marvel)

Post by Ares »

RUSCHE wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:25 pm I am still confused on how we got off topic to begin with?
Captain Marvel =diversity in the human species?? :shock: haha.
Batgirl "corrected" one of my posts by swapping out Static with Blue Beetle and replaced "black" with "brown", which apparently set Chris off. Race is apparently a hot button topic for him. Just keep talking about Capt. Marvel and the other topic will eventually go away. Or as the topic starter, you can ask them to stop due to potential derailment, or ask the Moderation Staff (namely me) to split the other topic off into its own thing.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
RUSCHE

Post by RUSCHE »

Gotcha, haha. I was just a tad confused..I see Jabs thread go off the rail on him on several occasions . I am cool with it as long as everyone is respectful to each other.
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

Ken wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:00 pm I was rewatching the trailer, and I noticed a few things about the costume.

1) Levi's cape is not as long as nu-Shazam's cape is in the comics, though it isn't as short as Captain Marvel's
The overall cape length is close to a lot of depictions of Cap's cape, though it's exact length is never really consistent. Sometimes it's belt length, sometimes it'd barely cover his butt, sometimes it's almost knee length. I think this would be a decent length if they'd decided to go with the old school "over one shoulder" style Cap cape I prefer.
I am also glad that, despite putting the lightning both in the gold decorative piece, they left out the red banded chestplate DC stuck on nu-Shazam.
Yeah, the extra banding just makes the outfit look too "busy". Then again, between the weird sandals-with-socks shoes, the chest banding, the gold chest plate with the lightning hole, the hooded mantle cloak and such, the entire outfit just screams "trying to hard". Though like I've said, if they remove the cape and the chest banding and replace the gold-plate lightning hole with a traditional Shazam-bolt, the Nu-Shazam outfit they gave Black Adam actually works for him. It does have a slightly more "comic book Egyptian" look to it, and can show that while the overall outfit composition remains the same, the details change depending on the wielder.

Though ironically, over in Justice League Action, they kept Cap in the Nu-Shazam look but have given the Wizard, Black Adam and Uncle Duddley the classic costumes.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

RUSCHE wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:43 am How did a question about whether you liked or did not like the Captain Marvel/Shazam trailer lead to the diversity of the human species?
You’ve contracted “Jab’s Disease”, which creates off-topic rants through associated remarks :).
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

Causes include having Ares in your thread when the more out there SJW nonsense pops up.

RUSCHE

Post by RUSCHE »

Jabroniville wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:58 am
RUSCHE wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:43 am How did a question about whether you liked or did not like the Captain Marvel/Shazam trailer lead to the diversity of the human species?
You’ve contracted “Jab’s Disease”, which creates off-topic rants through associated remarks :).
Is there a cure? Ointment?? Pill? Haha.
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

RUSCHE wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:46 am
There is the Ares Surgical Removal option, but you've turned that one down already.

Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

I will share it if you build me a life-size Zarya.
RUSCHE

Post by RUSCHE »

Ares wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:21 am

There is the Ares Surgical Removal option, but you've turned that one down already.
If it keeps happening your option is on the taple.. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
RUSCHE

Post by RUSCHE »

Jabroniville wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:49 am

I will share it if you build me a life-size Zarya.
If I could, I would. We would never hear from you again..in a good way. :D
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

Minor side note, but I was watching one of the straight to video LEGO DC Superhero films where Bizarro steals the Bizarro ray to make a bunch of imperfect Bizarro Justice Leaguers. And I decided then and there if I ever wrote a Capt. Marvel book for DC, it would include Bizarro making a Bizarro Capt. Marvel, only he looks and acts exactly like the Nu-52 Shazam. Maybe have it to where the only thing he can say is "Shazam", but in a "I Am Groot" sort of way, the Wisdom of Solomon translates what Bizarro-Shazam is saying. Stuff like "Me am edgy and relevant in current year!" and "Me have best outfit!" or "Me have ton of fans!"

RUSCHE

Post by RUSCHE »

Ares wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:34 pm Minor side note, but I was watching one of the straight to video LEGO DC Superhero films where Bizarro steals the Bizarro ray to make a bunch of imperfect Bizarro Justice Leaguers. And I decided then and there if I ever wrote a Capt. Marvel book for DC, it would include Bizarro making a Bizarro Capt. Marvel, only he looks and acts exactly like the Nu-52 Shazam. Maybe have it to where the only thing he can say is "Shazam", but in a "I Am Groot" sort of way, the Wisdom of Solomon translates what Bizarro-Shazam is saying. Stuff like "Me am edgy and relevant in current year!" and "Me have best outfit!" or "Me have ton of fans!"
Haha, make that happen!!
Voltron64

Post by Voltron64 »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWC3f57q5R0

"I'd like to purchase some of your finest beer please." :mrgreen:

(And Ares, I don't give a hoot what you think about this. I'm officially hootless.)
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

Okay. :|

Woodclaw

Post by Woodclaw »

Ares wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:34 pm Minor side note, but I was watching one of the straight to video LEGO DC Superhero films where Bizarro steals the Bizarro ray to make a bunch of imperfect Bizarro Justice Leaguers. And I decided then and there if I ever wrote a Capt. Marvel book for DC, it would include Bizarro making a Bizarro Capt. Marvel, only he looks and acts exactly like the Nu-52 Shazam. Maybe have it to where the only thing he can say is "Shazam", but in a "I Am Groot" sort of way, the Wisdom of Solomon translates what Bizarro-Shazam is saying. Stuff like "Me am edgy and relevant in current year!" and "Me have best outfit!" or "Me have ton of fans!"
In my book Bizarro is probably one of the few creatures capable of confusing the Wisdom of Solomon.
"You're right. Sorry. Holy shit," I breathed, "heckhounds.”

WareHouse W (main build thread for M&M)