Titans - Live action series.

The place to talk about your favorite movies, tv series, cartoons, music and theater.
Ares
Site Admin

Titans - Live action series.

Post by Ares »

So the trailer just dropped . . . . thoughts?
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Yojimbo

Re: Titans - Live action series.

Post by Yojimbo »

Is that... Dove?

Holy crap!

And is she... murdering someone?

Okay, then. I'm out.
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

Also, based on the "F*** Batman!" line, it sounds like we're getting Dick Grayson as portrayed by Jason Todd. So, also no thanks.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

I cannot figure out Warner Bros. and their absolute refusal to give the public an actual Batman live-action series... Birds of Prey teased us with it and flopped;
Gotham teases us with it and hasn’t been cancelled for some inexplicable reason; Arrow has been good, but seasons 2 and 3 were clearly written by people who’d prefer to be writing for Batman; and now we’ve got a Teen Titans without teens coming and a Batwoman series in preproduction...

Just give us the Batman his own damn show!

(Tyler Hoechlin should also be given a Superman show. He’s the best guy in the Big Red S since Dean Cain.)
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

*watches trailer*

what a dick.
Beleriphon

Post by Beleriphon »

Batgirl III wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:21 pmJust give us the Batman his own damn show!

(Tyler Hoechlin should also be given a Superman show. He’s the best guy in the Big Red S since Dean Cain.)
Never going to happen, in no small part because WB can't seem to separate the 60s Batman show from well Batman and TV and I think there are still some lingering issues with the rights, somewhere.

As an aside I were going to do it, I'd introduce Batman through Supergirl, since Superman clearly exists in that world. It only makes sense that Batman does as well. Then go full on Crisis on Infinite Earths to smash it all together, and blame Barry.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

As an aside I were going to do it, I'd introduce Batman through Supergirl, since Superman clearly exists in that world. It only makes sense that Batman does as well. Then go full on Crisis on Infinite Earths to smash it all together, and blame Barry.
They need to establish that Black Lightning is also part of Earth-38 too. Then yes, absolutely smash the entire CW!DC into one continuity.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Batgirl III wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:21 pm Tyler Hoechlin should also be given a Superman show. He’s the best guy in the Big Red S since Dean Cain.
This reminds me of the day I was channel surfing and I came across an episode of Smallville in syndication.
Now, I very, very rarely watched Smallville. When it began, I had a roommate who watched it. I quickly grew to not enjoy it. The only time I remember actively trying to watch it after that were the JSA episodes.
But this one episode got me to keep watching. I think I saw 80% of the episode.

Turns out, it was the series finale. And my thought was That would have been a great pilot for the series I wanted to see.

But Hoechlin would kick Welling's arse in the role.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Chris Brady

Post by Chris Brady »

Batgirl III wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:21 pm I cannot figure out Warner Bros. and their absolute refusal to give the public an actual Batman live-action series... Birds of Prey teased us with it and flopped;
Because if they had Batman show up, it wouldn't have been Birds of Prey, it would have completely shifted gears and been Batman's show. Whether intentional or not, the character has a tendency of taking over the spotlight. WB is dreading this.
Batgirl III wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:21 pm Gotham teases us with it and hasn’t been cancelled for some inexplicable reason;
Because right now, they're in that Smallville limbo where they need to get Batman in, but once it does, all the other characters that aren't part of is rogues gallery will simply stop existing meaningfully. It will no longer be Gotham but Batman. See above.
Batgirl III wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:21 pmArrow has been good, but seasons 2 and 3 were clearly written by people who’d prefer to be writing for Batman; and now we’ve got a Teen Titans without teens coming and a Batwoman series in preproduction...

Just give us the Batman his own damn show!
If they do, then all the money they spent on all of the other shows would be wasted, because no one would care about them. You have Batman, why do you need anything else? The fans would drop everything and flock over to it.

It's been like this in the Comics, whenever Batman shows up as a guest in, it's suddenly HIS story, and the main characters are simply along for the ride until he leaves.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

That’s why I’m saying they should make a Batman show, not put the Batman into the other series. (Well, maybe a guest-starring crossover during sweeps week.)
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Batgirl III wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:21 pm I cannot figure out Warner Bros. and their absolute refusal to give th Arrow has been good, but seasons 2 and 3 were clearly written by people who’d prefer to be writing for Batman;

Happy to see someone else noticing that. I don`t really follow Arrow more than being aware of it and watching it during the cross-overs they`ve been doing (and that I`ve been enjoying for the most part). But it seems that Arrow uses Batman themes and Batman villains more than Green Arrow themes and villains.

I also think its entirely possible Bats exists on Supergirl`s Earth - the ep where Tyler showed up and stops some drones from striking some civilians, the guy says "that`s it, we`re moving back to Gotham!"
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Ken

Post by Ken »

Bladewind wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:53 pm But it seems that Arrow uses Batman themes and Batman villains more than Green Arrow themes and villains.
1) It has been said that Green Arrow is just Batman with a bow and arrows.

2) There's only so much they could do with Red Dart and Clock King II.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Green Arrow’s own rogue’s gallery consists of Merlyn, Shadoo, and whomever convinced Ollie to keep the Van Dyke goatee after the mid-seventies. Not a whole lot you can do there without grabbing some villains from other heroes.
Chris Brady

Post by Chris Brady »

Batgirl III wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:46 pm That’s why I’m saying they should make a Batman show, not put the Batman into the other series. (Well, maybe a guest-starring crossover during sweeps week.)
Let me clarify, as I may not have been clear. If Batman shows up on TV, WB will have to end Flash, Arrow, Supergirl and all the other second string shows, because not enough people will care. Batman will literally cannibalize the other shows, or so they are afraid of. And it was a valid fear, too.

Now, I'm not so sure, I think we can support a Batman show along side the others, but WB is not known for being forward thinking. Batwoman is probably the closest thing to a full on Bat show we're likely to get. Which will bomb, but I give them a B for effort.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Yeah, that’s not how broadcast television works... let alone premium channels and streaming services.

A highly rated show on broadcast tv is usually positioned in a time-slot that will “lead in” to a less popular one, then advertising campaigns and programming blocks are designed to encourage the audience to watch one channel all night. Hence “TGIF,” “Must See TV,” “Action Hour,” “Shark Week,” and the rest.

Streaming services and premium channels often use a popular show to get you to sign up for a subscription, after which their only concern is to keep you from canceling. Game of Thrones is as much an ad campaign for HBO at this point as it is an entertainment program.