Titans - Live action series.

The place to talk about your favorite movies, tv series, cartoons, music and theater.
Shadowmask

Re: Titans - Live action series.

Post by Shadowmask »

Wasn't TT Go enough? My opinion:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8o6lutPVZDQ

My advice: Batman should hit harder.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Shadowmask wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:27 am Wasn't TT Go enough? My opinion:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8o6lutPVZDQ

My advice: Batman should hit harder.
Now i'm gonna play a LITTLE Devil's Advocate here and say that,depending on HOW it's done and Who does it,it might not be that bad...
Shadowmask

Post by Shadowmask »

Still you must admit it will be a tough act to follow compared to Arrow or Legends Of Tomorrow.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Shadowmask wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:44 am Still you must admit it will be a tough act to follow compared to Arrow or Legends Of Tomorrow.
Oh i agree wholeheartedly,there's no way their ever getting those type of Numbers.Even Supergirl couldn't get those numbers,and the SJW's tried their Darndest to(i even heard rumor's they tried to attack both shows,but all it did was tanked SG's numbers bad enough to lose the Number 2 spot to Legends).It might still be a very good show,though.I wouldn't be Suprised if it turned out to be an Agent Carter/Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. comparison....
greycrusader

Post by greycrusader »

I haven't seen the Titans show yet (not sure if I'll ever get around to the DC Nation streaming service, though season 3 of Young Justice is a temptation), but the trailers and episode reviews I've seen have done NOTHING for me. And apparently the Batman of their universe KILLED all the Gotham Rogues?

Not where I expected Berlanti to go with the Titans.

Oh, the DP teaser I just saw? Holy cow, the production values look sub-Dr. Who....and I mean, 1980s Dr. Who. Yikes. Brendan Frasier must be hard up for work.

All my best.

PS: Just did a search on Brendan Frasier, cynically expecting to see the usual "movie star in financial trouble due to massive spending and tax shenanigans"-but the man went through a rough divorce (and is paying LARGE alimony and child support), alleges he was sexually harassed AND bad-mouthed in the industry because of it, had to have SEVERAL surgeries due to chronic pain, and went through clinical depression. Respect for him enduing all that and doing whatever work he has to take to pay his bills. Best of luck to him.
Chris Brady

Post by Chris Brady »

So Netflix Canada (or at least my Province) got it. And I had been bad mouthing it based on the various trailers. So feeling a little guilty, I've watched the first two episodes.

And you know what? It wasn't as bad as I thought it was.

Holy fish buckets and horse nipples, it is WORSE. So much worse. The lighting is gloomy, the characters are ugly, especially 'StarFire', I mean seriously, what did they do to that poor Black woman? They made her HIDEOUS! And now 'Fire is a flame throwing mass murdering amnesiac? Really? Every character is depressed or bitter, the only levity so far has been, kinda? Animal Boy, who's using his shape-shifting powers to steal games.

So far the most interesting arc is Rick and Rachel, but that's not saying much as i was bored and just wanted to fast forward the rest of the characters.

DO NOT WATCH! It's not worth your time.

And I just checked and realized why this is such a crap shoot. It's by one of the Bad Robot Alumni, the company that Jar Jar Abrams used to run, Akiva Goldsman.