Antman and Wasp (Actual movie)

The place to talk about your favorite movies, tv series, cartoons, music and theater.
catsi563

Antman and Wasp (Actual movie)

Post by catsi563 »

I LOVED this movie. it was everything the first one was and more. They did exactly what a sequel is supposed to do, Take everything the first one gave you and step it up a notch or at bare minimum keep you on the same level of the first without losing anything.

And this one delivers in spades. It keeps the same hilarious good natured fun of the first movie thanks to Paul Rudds comedic timing and Evangeline Lily being able to straight woman for him also Luis is just pee your pants funny especially in one scene where hes interrogated youll be bawling laughing. Classic Stan Lee cameo also will have you laughing, and theres a scene at the end involving ""truth serum"" that just plain will just plain kill you entirely and was worth the entire movie for that scene alone.

The action is amped up as well where Evangeline lilly really steps up the role as heroine and not jsut supporting main she actually steps up to main lead imo and runs with it. More intense action scenes but adding in some fun and funny moments, especially for someone like me who knwos the San Francisco area really well.

Couple of nice suprise easter eggs in the movie also especially the two end credit scenes one of which is in good humor but one of which will bascially break your heart.

All told this movie was awesome and worth the price of admission highly reccomend seeing it when you can.

good stuff: Evangeline Lilly and Paul Rudd both play off each other as Co leads without stepping on or pushing the other out of the spotlight, though Lillys Hope does take a much bigger lead in a reversal of the first film.

good use of de aging technology to show younger Hank and Janet and Bill.

great action especially with the Wasp lilly shows she can handle action scenes and does so with ease.

Michael Penas Luis guzman just steals any scene hes in with a frenetic high energy comedy act that keeps you rolling laughing.

the Ghost was interesting as an Antagonist not a villain while not the terror other villains were her motivations were understandable and she was relatable as a person whose life was turned upside down by circumstances and then made worse by those who were supposed to help her but used her. The ending might seem a bit of an A pull but i dont think it is, its understandable and within the bounds of the story. You come to empathize with her and how she has become so ends justify the means because her motivation is one of the most relatable of all.

quick add on if this is Stan Lees last ever cameo in a marvel movie it stands out as probably the greatest and funniest ever. :lol: :lol:

Bad stuff

Not much hoenstly. Scotts ex wife and Paxton her husband are there but mostly as background not the central role they played in Antman so not much given to do. Same with his two buddies who get sort of run over by Luis in any scene theyre in.

Also the secondary bad guy in the film does Ill admit feel sort of tacked on but still works as at least a stumbling block for the characters.
Last edited by catsi563 on Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
L-Space

Re: Antman and Wasp (Actual movie)

Post by L-Space »

Yea, I had a lot of fun with this movie and think it did a really good job as a sequel. It was great seeing the Wasp in action and I continue to love all the shrinking/growing shenanigans.

The main villain's origin was a little 'by the numbers' for me, but found her relatable and they handled her powers really well.

Biggest complaint? Not enough Michael Peña. Though he does have (one of) the greatest moments in the movie.
Formerly luketheduke86
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

L-Space wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:13 pm Yea, I had a lot of fun with this movie and think it did a really good job as a sequel. It was great seeing the Wasp in action and I continue to love all the shrinking/growing shenanigans.

The main villain's origin was a little 'by the numbers' for me, but found her relatable and they handled her powers really well.

Biggest complaint? Not enough Michael Peña. Though he does have (one of) the greatest moments in the movie.
Oh yeah like I said his interrogation was by far one of the funniest moments in the movie, he just steals any scene hes in.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Saw it last night and enjoyed it a lot. The Ghost suffers from the typical “Marvel Movie Villain” curse of being kind of forgettable... Awesome costume, cool visuals, boring personality, and by-the-numbers revenge plot.

I mean, I know Ant-Man and the Wasp don’t really have much of a rogue’s gallery (Whirlwind?) so importing one of Iron Man’s lower tier baddies as a Hank Pym rival makes sense. But, man, she was boring. She didn’t even get some cool quotable lines. Whiplash was kinda boring too, but he had his “I vant boid.” personality quirk.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.