Rumours: People want an all Female Avengers film

The place to talk about your favorite movies, tv series, cartoons, music and theater.
greycrusader

Re: Rumours: People want an all Female Avengers film

Post by greycrusader »

As opposed to many ensemble action/thriller/heist films where all the leads are male? The Expendables, Ghostbusters I-II, Oceans 11, 12, 13, LOTR?

I don't understand the seeming assumption of some here that averting the "default" which has held sway for so long automatically means other components of quality storytelling will be dropped as unnecessary.
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Personally, I think the only problem is when that is all the script has going for it.
M4C8

Post by M4C8 »

greycrusader wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:36 pm As opposed to many ensemble action/thriller/heist films where all the leads are male? The Expendables, Ghostbusters I-II, Oceans 11, 12, 13, LOTR?

I don't understand the seeming assumption of some here that averting the "default" which has held sway for so long automatically means other components of quality storytelling will be dropped as unnecessary.
Of course in of itself it's not an issue but if that's the primary focus and the things that actually matter like story get treated as secondary then it becomes an problem, especially so when the movie isn't received well and you then get the 'if you didn't like it you're just a bigot' excuse.
'A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it'
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

MorganBravestone wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:25 pm You can officially consider it no longer a rumour. I'm a 'people' and I want my all-female Avengers film. But first, I want a Black Widow film. To be honest, I don't really care about Infinity War 2 (or whatever it ends up being called). If I was given the option of 'Get the second half of the Infinity War saga but the Black Widow solo movie is delayed' or 'Get the Black Widow solo movie now, but we'll never make the second half of Infinity War, simply skipping to after it has all been resolved', then I would be all for junking the second Infinity War film right now.
Could you explain why in a manner that makes sense to fans of the superhero genre who just want good movies regardless of social agendas?
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Speaking of them 'never' doing a Black Widow movie...

Yeah, it's coming... and getting 'man' money for it.

"Scarlett Johansson, who has appeared in six movies as Black Widow, is finally landing a $15 million payday for an upcoming stand-alone film centered on the Marvel superheroine, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.

That salary is what Chris Evans and Chris Hemsworth each earned for playing Captain America and Thor, respectively, in this year’s Avengers: Infinity War. Evans and Hemsworth also nabbed that same $15 million payday for Captain America: Civil War and Thor: Ragnarok, respectively, as well as the upcoming fourth Avengers film."
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.