Thinking about getting back into Fringe. So lets talk about it.

The place to talk about your favorite movies, tv series, cartoons, music and theater.
Ares
Site Admin

Thinking about getting back into Fringe. So lets talk about it.

Post by Ares »

Fringe was a series I watched a while back, but only to the end of the first season, and I've been considering giving it a re-watch. It was an interesting X-Files type sci-fi / conspiracy mystery series, they had some interesting character dynamics, and it seemed ripe with ideas for RPG use. But for some reason I never watched past the first season, and the show apparently went on to have a total of 5. Which actually seems like a decent length for a show I want to binge watch. It's not like Supernatural or other series with around ten seasons or so.

So any fans of the series here that'd give it a recommend? Anyone who watched the show and want to let me know when's a good stopping point?
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
MacynSnow

Re: Thinking about getting back into Fringe. So lets talk about it.

Post by MacynSnow »

I was a slight fan of Fringe(mostly due to the Wierd Mad Science aspects,but the Noir/Mystery type bits were well done,as well) for up untill the Writer's Strike(i think Season 3),which hit it pretty hard.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Fringe has a few fun seasons at first but slowly falls victim to J.J. Abrams usual issue.
And that is that he spends more time building up a mystery than he does actually coming up with good answers to those mysteries.
After awhile the over arching metaplot just kind of lost my interest, due to those painfully bad answers, but it was fun to watch until I got to that point.

And without revealing any spoilers, the last season can be skipped. I swear they made it specifically to A) give them enough episodes for syndication B) not to matter.
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

I tried getting into Fringe.....unfortunately right before Netflix removed it