The Incredibles 2 (spoiler free, mostly)

The place to talk about your favorite movies, tv series, cartoons, music and theater.
Jabroniville

The Incredibles 2 (spoiler free, mostly)

Post by Jabroniville »

Yeah, it's good. WAY more action-packed than the first one, and a bit less "Small character stuff", but I liked it. Some of the funniest stuff was in the trailer, but they left in some really good gags- including probably the best one :). Despite a huge amount of "The Merch" focusing on Edna Mode, she's only in a pair of scenes, so don't worry about her being pushed too hard.

The cynic in my notices a LOT of "The Merch" going on, here- there's a motorcycle AND a car, plus three costumes for Elastigirl, a ton of Jack-Jack forms, and more. Even the one scene with the raccoon is turned into a toy!

And yes, they show it off, and it is GLORIOUS. Many, near-endless scenes, almost entirely shot from behind Helen Parr's huge, glorious... wait- where was I?

OH YEAH! Great action, with some fun Supers (very minor characters), your trademark Modern-Day Disney Villain, and more. I do like how every character had stuff to do, cool actions scenes to show off, and some character bits.
Batgirl III

Re: The Incredibles 2 (spoiler free, mostly)

Post by Batgirl III »

One of the very few sequels that is as good as the original.

It is very much “the Helen and Bob” movie, with Dash and Violet being more supporting characters than part of the ensemble. They’ve still got lots to do and it’s fun watching them come up with all kinds of clever stunts and outwitting the bad guys... But they don’t get much of a character arc.

That’s a very nit-picky complaint though and mostly because I love Sarah Vowel (Violet’s voice actress) and want to see (well, hear) more of her.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
Shock

Post by Shock »

Jabroniville wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:33 am And yes, they show it off, and it is GLORIOUS. Many, near-endless scenes, almost entirely shot from behind Helen Parr's huge, glorious... wait- where was I?
https://nypost.com/2018/06/20/hey-perve ... irls-butt/
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Shock

Post by Shock »

Ares wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:03 pm
For the record, I don't agree with the article. I'm just having a little fun with Jab
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

Shock wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:07 pm
Ares wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:03 pm
For the record, I don't agree with the article. I'm just having a little fun with Jab
And I was responding to the article rather than yourself, so its all good. :mrgreen:
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Shock wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:57 pm
Jabroniville wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:33 am And yes, they show it off, and it is GLORIOUS. Many, near-endless scenes, almost entirely shot from behind Helen Parr's huge, glorious... wait- where was I?
https://nypost.com/2018/06/20/hey-perve ... irls-butt/
Note the inherently misogynist idea that only men are enjoying Helen’s ample assets. Insert buzz-word filled rant about Lesbian Erasure here. Be sure to include a buzz-word filled rant about Pride Month, wedding cakes, Chick-fil-A, and the homoerotic subtext and gay coding of between Voyd, Helen, and Evelyn.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Angry feminists should instead be happy that a movie is willing to treat a 35+ mother of three like she's attractive. Isn't that something they used to go on about?
Shock

Post by Shock »

I think finding women attractive in general is frowned upon by some
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

"Cause, like, when you start learning about systems, everything is sexist, everything is racist, everything is homophobic, and you have to point it all out to everyone all the time." —Anita Sarkeesian (March 8, 2015)
Nunya B

Post by Nunya B »

Shock wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:18 am I think finding women attractive in general is frowned upon by some
Finding attractive women attractive is thoughtcrime. Finding unattractive women unattractive is thoughtcrime. Finding attractive women unattractive is misogynistic thoughtcrime, unless you're gay. Finding unattractive women attractive is objectification which is thoughtcrime. Claiming a woman is neither attractive nor unattractive is sophism and thoughtcrime. Claiming you find a woman neither attractive nor unattractive is deceitful thoughtcrime. Claiming a woman isn't a woman is thoughtcrime unless he's transexual in which case not claiming he's not a woman is thoughtcrime (having to ask is thoughtcrime).

Any questions?
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Nunya B wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:23 am Finding attractive women attractive is thoughtcrime. Finding unattractive women unattractive is thoughtcrime. Finding attractive women unattractive is misogynistic thoughtcrime, unless you're gay. Finding unattractive women attractive is objectification which is thoughtcrime. Claiming a woman is neither attractive nor unattractive is sophism and thoughtcrime. Claiming you find a woman neither attractive nor unattractive is deceitful thoughtcrime. Claiming a woman isn't a woman is thoughtcrime unless he's transexual in which case not claiming he's not a woman is thoughtcrime (having to ask is thoughtcrime).
Finding attractive women attractive is thoughtcrime, unless she wanted you to find her attractive. Failure to find a woman attractive who wanted you to find her attractive is crimethink.

Finding unattractive women unattractive is thoughtcrime, unless she wanted you to find her unattractive. Failure to find a woman unattractive who wanted you to find her unattractive is crimethink.

Finding unattractive women attractive is thoughtcrime, unless she wanted you to find her attractive. Failure to find a woman attractive who wanted you to find her attractive is crimethink.

Claiming a woman is a woman is thoughtcrime unless she's transexual in which case claiming she's not a man is crimethink.

Asking the person what they want you to think is making them do emotional labor and is doubleplus ungood.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

haha, people are talking about her thickness EVERYWHERE- it's actually the most popular subject of the movie now :): https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/ent ... 716294002/

This article makes fun of that review (I mean, who would ADMIT to all that lusting over Elastigirl? How embarrassing, am I right?), while also going on about all the lesbians who are in lust with her: https://www.racked.com/2018/6/20/174837 ... ker-review
M4C8

Post by M4C8 »

Shock wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:18 am I think finding women attractive in general is frowned upon by some
Yeah that whole 'all sex is rape and even hitting on a woman is sexual assault' type of thinking really pisses me off, heterosexual men finding women attractive is pretty much the single most normal, most natural thing on the planet, it's literally the reason we all exist.
'A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it'
Woodclaw

Post by Woodclaw »

Batgirl III wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:34 am
Nunya B wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:23 am Finding attractive women attractive is thoughtcrime. Finding unattractive women unattractive is thoughtcrime. Finding attractive women unattractive is misogynistic thoughtcrime, unless you're gay. Finding unattractive women attractive is objectification which is thoughtcrime. Claiming a woman is neither attractive nor unattractive is sophism and thoughtcrime. Claiming you find a woman neither attractive nor unattractive is deceitful thoughtcrime. Claiming a woman isn't a woman is thoughtcrime unless he's transexual in which case not claiming he's not a woman is thoughtcrime (having to ask is thoughtcrime).
Finding attractive women attractive is thoughtcrime, unless she wanted you to find her attractive. Failure to find a woman attractive who wanted you to find her attractive is crimethink.

Finding unattractive women unattractive is thoughtcrime, unless she wanted you to find her unattractive. Failure to find a woman unattractive who wanted you to find her unattractive is crimethink.

Finding unattractive women attractive is thoughtcrime, unless she wanted you to find her attractive. Failure to find a woman attractive who wanted you to find her attractive is crimethink.

Claiming a woman is a woman is thoughtcrime unless she's transexual in which case claiming she's not a man is crimethink.

Asking the person what they want you to think is making them do emotional labor and is doubleplus ungood.
"All of this bought you twenty years in a iso-cube, creep."

"You're right. Sorry. Holy shit," I breathed, "heckhounds.”

WareHouse W (main build thread for M&M)