Deadpool 2

The place to talk about your favorite movies, tv series, cartoons, music and theater.
Thorpocalypse

Deadpool 2

Post by Thorpocalypse »

I'm surprised there's been no thread for D-Piddy's sequel!

I thought it was really funny. Sometimes I felt like they were trying a liiiiittle too hard, but it was good. Makes me torn about the Disney/Fox acquisition because I think if Comcast wins, we'll see Deadpool 3 and if Disney wins, probably not. But if Disney wins, I have hope for a good FF. Sigh...

Anyway, dug the movie, dug the cameos, LOVED the mid-credits scenes. And the X-Force scenes were hysterical.
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
L-Space

Re: Deadpool 2

Post by L-Space »

Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 3:01 am I'm surprised there's been no thread for D-Piddy's sequel!

I thought it was really funny. Sometimes I felt like they were trying a liiiiittle too hard, but it was good. Makes me torn about the Disney/Fox acquisition because I think if Comcast wins, we'll see Deadpool 3 and if Disney wins, probably not. But if Disney wins, I have hope for a good FF. Sigh...

Anyway, dug the movie, dug the cameos, LOVED the mid-credits scenes. And the X-Force scenes were hysterical.
Oh my god the X-force scene just threw me for a fucking loop, I could not stop laughing. Loved the movie and everyone in it.

I'm not too worried about Disney and Deadpool 3. Disney's owned other companies that do R-rate movies and Deadpool 1 & 2 has made enough money that I can see them letting it continue.
Formerly luketheduke86
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Amazing film. Loved all of the references.
BriarThrone

Post by BriarThrone »

I don't have much to add, except that it was clear that the movie was made by people who know and love comics. As a fan, I feel that the story we were presented with respected the source material, our fandom, and us, the fans.

This is how it's supposed to be done.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

I enjoyed the heck out of it; I think it lacked the same “subversive edge” to it compared to the first, but that was probably inevitable in a sequel. If the original was an A+ than this was an A–, so don’t misunderstand me.

I do appreciate that it still pulled no punches and wasn’t afraid to fable in “offensive” humor. A trait sadly missing from too many comedy films these days.

Sign me up for a Negasonic / Yukio spin-off though. Those two needed more screentime.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
BriarThrone

Post by BriarThrone »

Batgirl III wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 5:43 am I enjoyed the heck out of it; I think it lacked the same “subversive edge” to it compared to the first, but that was probably inevitable in a sequel.
Exactly so. The first was so new and different from everything we'd seen before. A sequel done in the same style as the first isn't going to be as unexpected.
Batgirl III wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 5:43 amI do appreciate that it still pulled no punches and wasn’t afraid to fable in “offensive” humor. A trait sadly missing from too many comedy films these days.
This part is related to the above part. Aydin Paladin is doing an extensive video series about the nature of humor, and the violation of expectation is an important part of humor, and venturing into forbidden territory with your humor is an effective way to do that.

That's why so many female comedians are widely seen as not-funny. When Joan Rivers pioneered the comedy style of playing the character of a foul-mouthed bitch, behaving like that wasn't socially acceptable, and so when she did it so extremely, it was shocking and entertaining. Now, Schumer, Handler, Silverman, etc are trying to be funny by being foul-mouthed, bitchy thots, but now those are a dime a dozen, and those are the people who are enjoying the performance. They're being validated.
Batgirl III wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 5:43 amSign me up for a Negasonic / Yukio spin-off though. Those two needed more screentime.
More screen time would be nice, but I'm not sure they could carry their own movie. If we were talking Big Bang Theory, this would be comparable to proposing a Leonard/Penny-based spinoff. While I watched the show, they were my favorite characters, but I don't know if they'd be able to carry a show without Sheldon or Howard. Their role is usually more straight-man. They have their own gags, but their role is mainly to react amusingly to the crazier characters.
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

I saw this movie the other day with my family, and we all loved the heck out of it. The references were fun, the humor was great, the action sequences were great, and the in-joke nods were hilarious. And in a weird way, the Deadpool movies seem dedicated to taking characters previously mishandled by the X-Franchise and giving them a second shot. Colossus and the Juggernaut are prime examples, with both of them feeling more like their comics versions than the previous versions who really didn't do much. I'd want to see this Juggernaut go up against the Hulk or Thor. Cable was a lot of fun as well, and I cracked up when Wade called him "Thanos".

Overall, a VERY good film, one I enjoyed as much as the first.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Peter is the greatest.

The best part is the goddamn CELINE DION Oscar Bait song at the opening. I love how people are astonished by it- apparently she's got a pretty weird sense of humor. She went ALL IN for it, too. Full props.

Way too little Negasonic Teenage Warhead/Yukio.

Colossus fighting dirty against The Juggernaut is awesome.
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

The "Juggernaut Chant" was awesome as well: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0pt-hONuSA
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
M4C8

Post by M4C8 »

Juggernaut has appeared in two movies and both times he escapes from imprisonment, how the hell did the authorities manage to capture him in the first place? :?
'A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it'
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

I guess the X-Men captured him previously. It's the only thing that makes sense. What doesn't make sense is that he still has his helmet on both times, but eh. Dramatic convenience.

Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

And now, THE Vader scene from Rogue One, set to the Juggernaut chant: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okAyvguQucs

Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Ares wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:55 pm And now, THE Vader scene from Rogue One, set to the Juggernaut chant: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okAyvguQucs
That was a thing of beauty.

I’m not crying! You’re crying. You little baby.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.