ThunderCats Roar

The place to talk about your favorite movies, tv series, cartoons, music and theater.
User avatar
Ares
Site Admin
Posts: 1944
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:40 am

ThunderCats Roar

Post by Ares » Fri May 18, 2018 10:20 pm

Well. . . .

https://youtu.be/2qi41rHz4ps

. . . this is going to suck.

User avatar
Batgirl III
Posts: 2429
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:17 am
Location: Portland, Oregon

Re: ThunderCats Roar

Post by Batgirl III » Fri May 18, 2018 10:38 pm

I will pay good money to see someone, anyone, cut that guy’s dorky little topknot off. He looks like one of my daughters, circa a two-years old, when we had to pull their hair up away from their face to avoid getting sweet potatoes or chili in it. This is not a good look for a grown man.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.

Chris Brady
Posts: 153
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:59 am

Re: ThunderCats Roar

Post by Chris Brady » Fri May 18, 2018 11:02 pm

This is what happens when you don't fail those who need to be.

User avatar
Arkrite
Posts: 1099
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:16 pm
Location: Canada

Re: ThunderCats Roar

Post by Arkrite » Sat May 19, 2018 12:19 am

Me attempting to be fair: Okay, ThunderCats could use a new go, maybe something more Avatar the Last Airbender-

::watches clip::

Me being realistic: Oh. They made it into Teen Titans Go. Because they hate the fans.

Me being petty as hell: And as a man who has some long hair, cut that stupid thing off the top of your head, let it hang, or grease it back. You look like a pudgy little girl. It is not cool, it's not edgy, it's not hip, and it's not bucking a trend to be your own unique butterfly snowflake. It's just ugly.
I swear to Odin, if I find out this guy has a supermodel-esc wife I'm going to scream at the injustices in life.

Oh, and in my defense of how petty that was... I watched the video long enough to hear their "opening theme" and if that assault on my ears wasn't enough to warrant being petty... well, I'm sorry. I'm a horrible person.

... not as horrible as that opening sequence's music though.

Ugh, why Teen Titans Go again?

Ken
Posts: 1937
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:40 pm
Location: DeKamore, IL, Earth-Two

Re: ThunderCats Roar

Post by Ken » Sat May 19, 2018 12:54 am

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?
Does a Winnie poo in the 100-acre wood?

User avatar
Arkrite
Posts: 1099
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:16 pm
Location: Canada

Re: ThunderCats Roar

Post by Arkrite » Sat May 19, 2018 1:08 am

Whiskey! I knew I needed something after seeing that.
Thanks, Ken!

MacynSnow
Posts: 3185
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:56 pm

Re: ThunderCats Roar

Post by MacynSnow » Sat May 19, 2018 1:55 am

Ares wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 10:20 pm
Well. . . .

https://youtu.be/2qi41rHz4ps

. . . this is going to suck.
Now to be fair Ares,they can't all be modern masterpiece's.Let's just give this a watch-see....
;Watches entire clip;

OH DEAR SWEET MOTHER OF THOR,MAKE THE NOISE STOP!!!!

Chris Brady
Posts: 153
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:59 am

Re: ThunderCats Roar

Post by Chris Brady » Sat May 19, 2018 1:59 am

If anyone has kids, find copies of the original cartoons, do not inflict this Spongebob level tripe on your children, you'll stunt their growth.

And I think there's actual psychological proof of that, too...

User avatar
Woodclaw
Posts: 684
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:05 pm
Location: Como, Italy

Re: ThunderCats Roar

Post by Woodclaw » Sat May 19, 2018 12:41 pm

Arkrite wrote:
Sat May 19, 2018 1:08 am
Whiskey! I knew I needed something after seeing that.
Thanks, Ken!
Make it dou ... triple.
"You're right. Sorry. Holy shit," I breathed, "heckhounds.”

WareHouse W (main build thread for M&M)

User avatar
Scots Dragon
Posts: 183
Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:08 pm
Location: Trapped in England

Re: ThunderCats Roar

Post by Scots Dragon » Sat May 19, 2018 4:37 pm

Arkrite wrote:
Sat May 19, 2018 12:19 am
Me being realistic: Oh. They made it into Teen Titans Go. Because they hate the fans.
We didn't even need the first Teen Titans go.
Formerly known as Narsil on the ATT and Ronin Army forums.

User avatar
Batgirl III
Posts: 2429
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:17 am
Location: Portland, Oregon

Re: ThunderCats Roar

Post by Batgirl III » Sat May 19, 2018 4:57 pm

Teen Titans Go! would have been a lot more enjoyable, in my opinion, if it had been done as short skits attached to the ends of Teen Titans episodes, in the form of the “omake” bits you get in some anime. As a stand-alone series, I found it overly long, repetitive, annoying, repetitive, poorly paced, and repetitive.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.

User avatar
HalloweenJack
Posts: 926
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:50 pm

Re: ThunderCats Roar

Post by HalloweenJack » Sat May 19, 2018 7:33 pm

It looks pretty terrible, but I'm not a big Thundercats fan so I'm not going to be storming anyplace with torches and pitchforks


BUT I do happen to have alot of torches and pitchforks that I'd be happy to hand out to others for a reasonable price.

BriarThrone
Posts: 395
Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:33 am

Re: ThunderCats Roar

Post by BriarThrone » Sat May 19, 2018 8:14 pm

HalloweenJack wrote:
Sat May 19, 2018 7:33 pm
It looks pretty terrible, but I'm not a big Thundercats fan so I'm not going to be storming anyplace with torches and pitchforks


BUT I do happen to have alot of torches and pitchforks that I'd be happy to hand out to others for a reasonable price.
Best investment strategy I've heard in a while.

It baffles me why they decided to attach the ThunderCats name to this. Anyone who likes ThunderCats will be repulsed by the terrible art style and the way it takes a dump on every value the ThunderCats ever displayed. Anyone who likes it would be too young to recognize ThunderCats. There is nothing to be gained from the ThunderCats title here, unless the studio was too lazy to come up with original concepts.

User avatar
Batgirl III
Posts: 2429
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:17 am
Location: Portland, Oregon

Re: ThunderCats Roar

Post by Batgirl III » Sat May 19, 2018 8:26 pm

I could see this concept working a lot better with He-Man and the Masters of the Universe property, actually.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.

User avatar
HalloweenJack
Posts: 926
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:50 pm

Re: ThunderCats Roar

Post by HalloweenJack » Sat May 19, 2018 8:30 pm

BriarThrone wrote:
Sat May 19, 2018 8:14 pm
HalloweenJack wrote:
Sat May 19, 2018 7:33 pm
It looks pretty terrible, but I'm not a big Thundercats fan so I'm not going to be storming anyplace with torches and pitchforks


BUT I do happen to have alot of torches and pitchforks that I'd be happy to hand out to others for a reasonable price.
Best investment strategy I've heard in a while.

It baffles me why they decided to attach the ThunderCats name to this. Anyone who likes ThunderCats will be repulsed by the terrible art style and the way it takes a dump on every value the ThunderCats ever displayed. Anyone who likes it would be too young to recognize ThunderCats. There is nothing to be gained from the ThunderCats title here, unless the studio was too lazy to come up with original concepts.

wouldn't be the first time they tried this. About ten years back there was a Thundercats show that was going to go into production that would have focused on them being earth teenagers in a rock band who got cat powers or some such thing that was cancelled.

And so here we are at a lower place.

Post Reply