Hasbro to Purchase Power Rangers License

The place to talk about your favorite movies, tv series, cartoons, music and theater.
Thorpocalypse

Hasbro to Purchase Power Rangers License

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Well, this is interesting.

Power Rangers Go! To Hasbro...

Since Hasbro is the parent company of Wizards of the Coast, this could open up all sort of possibilities. Get ready for the Power Ranger class in D&D and a Rita Repulsa Planeswalker deck in Magic the Gathering. 8-)
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
MacynSnow

Re: Hasbro to Purchase Power Rangers License

Post by MacynSnow »

Thorpocalypse wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 2:13 am Well, this is interesting.

Power Rangers Go! To Hasbro...

Since Hasbro is the parent company of Wizards of the Coast, this could open up all sort of possibilities. Get ready for the Power Ranger class in D&D and a Rita Repulsa Planeswalker deck in Magic the Gathering. 8-)
A close friend of mine irl that's a major MTG nerd actually built Decks for each Classic Power Ranger and Rita(he wasn't about to do ALL of the Rangers and Main Big Bad,he's an MTG nerd not suicidal).Here's what he came up with;
Red Ranger(Jason): a fairly agressive Red Aggro
Black Ranger(Zack): a really wierd non-zombie Black human destruction deck(this thing almost beat an actual competitive deck recently)
Green Ranger(Tommy):a very simple Green beatdown(no elves for ramp,though....)
Blue Ranger(Billy):the most Controlling Blue Deck i've ever seen built(even worse is i helped make this!)
Yellow Ranger(Trini):a White/Green Staller that uses a rather large amount of tokens(we ran out of token cards for an entire tourny ounce)
Pink Ranger(Kimberly):an ok Green/Blue Control that uses a Lanfall mechanism to heal itself quickly
Zordon: A White/Blue Azorius banish deck with mostly fliers.
Rita Repulsa: A Black/Green Mill Deck that's one of the fastest decks i've ever seen.
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

screw that noise! Dinozords vs Dinobots!
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Most seasons of Power Rangers would actually make for a pretty decent roleplaying game, to be honest. I'd probably shoot for a mash-up of White Wolf's Streetfighter: The Storytelling Game and Mekton Zeta. Detailed and crunchy combat and mecha design, but fast paced and action-oriented when in play.

And, yes, I'd be one of those snobs on the internet backwards engineering it for Super Sentai.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Batgirl III wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:00 pm Most seasons of Power Rangers would actually make for a pretty decent roleplaying game, to be honest. I'd probably shoot for a mash-up of White Wolf's Streetfighter: The Storytelling Game and Mekton Zeta. Detailed and crunchy combat and mecha design, but fast paced and action-oriented when in play.

And, yes, I'd be one of those snobs on the internet backwards engineering it for Super Sentai.
Can i play in your pretend game? :D