[No spoilers] Avengers: Infinity War part 1

The place to talk about your favorite movies, tv series, cartoons, music and theater.
User avatar
Batgirl III
Posts: 1795
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:17 am
Location: Portland, Oregon

Re: [No spoilers] Avengers: Infinity War part 1

Post by Batgirl III » Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:04 am

Voltron64 wrote:
Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:00 am
End of Disc 1.

Please Insert Disc 2 To Continue.

That’s really all I can say of this movie.
It’s gonna be a long wait. I haven’t been this on edge over a cliffhanger since ‘Best of Both Worlds, Part I.’

“Mister Worf... Fire.”
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.

User avatar
Woodclaw
Posts: 584
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:05 pm
Location: Como, Italy

Re: [No spoilers] Avengers: Infinity War part 1

Post by Woodclaw » Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:52 am

Batgirl III wrote:
Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:04 am
It’s gonna be a long wait. I haven’t been this on edge over a cliffhanger since ‘Best of Both Worlds, Part I.’

“Mister Worf... Fire.”
I think that Best of Both Worlds is the moment when they really nailed TNG.
"You're right. Sorry. Holy shit," I breathed, "heckhounds.”

WareHouse W (main build thread for M&M)

User avatar
HalloweenJack
Posts: 734
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:50 pm

Re: [No spoilers] Avengers: Infinity War part 1

Post by HalloweenJack » Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:21 pm

I loved it. Took my niece to see it and we both were still talking about it over facebook even hours after we had watched.

"remember this part?!!"

"yeah that was cool...what about that though?!"

"oh yeah!"




but yeah, this hit just the right buttons as far as action, drama, and humor went.

and Thanos was just an excellent antagonist. No spoilers, but his conversations with other characters and his depth as a villain were excellent.



edit: I also really enjoyed the movie's score.
Last edited by HalloweenJack on Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
HalloweenJack
Posts: 734
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:50 pm

Re: [No spoilers] Avengers: Infinity War part 1

Post by HalloweenJack » Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:24 pm

Thorpocalypse wrote:
Sat Apr 28, 2018 12:22 am
MacynSnow wrote:
Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:17 pm
I'm sad that i can't watch it till i get my paycheck next week.......course,i don't mind spoilers so if anyone wants to tell me what happens they can pm me! :D

I will give one spoiler: With Robert Downey Jr. and Benedict Cumberbatch sharing a good amount of screen time, and both of them being Sherlock Holmes, no one said "no sh*t, Sherlock" at any point. Wasted opportunity in my book. 8-)
My consolation was the "Do you concur, doctor?" line.

I know it's not related to either or them....but it made me flashback to Catch Me If You Can....and that...hehehehe...has put a smile on my face

User avatar
HalloweenJack
Posts: 734
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:50 pm

Re: [No spoilers] Avengers: Infinity War part 1

Post by HalloweenJack » Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:26 pm

Batgirl III wrote:
Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:49 pm
I just left the theater. Holy epic crossover, Batman!

I think most of us geeks are familiar with the original Infinity Gauntlet crisis crossover comic of yesteryear, so no doubt we nerds all saw the major story beats coming. But, holy hell, the “normies” I was in the show with absolutely did not. I swear on my favorite batarang, there were audible gasps and a couple of younger kids were screaming with fear/sorrow. It’s going to be very hard for anything to top this film for sheer epic shock value.

As to my worry about the right balance between “action” and “acting,” this film nailed it. Possibly better than even some other MCU films.

Five outta five. A+++. Would *biff!* *bam!* *pow!* again!
yeah, I heard alot of that too.


of course by the end I heard alot of people going "That's it?!!!" like it was The Matrix Revolutions or something. Or that "It was too long".

A pox, a pox upon them

Thorpocalypse
Posts: 1004
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:52 pm

Re: [No spoilers] Avengers: Infinity War part 1

Post by Thorpocalypse » Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:13 pm

HalloweenJack wrote:
Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:26 pm
Batgirl III wrote:
Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:49 pm
I just left the theater. Holy epic crossover, Batman!

I think most of us geeks are familiar with the original Infinity Gauntlet crisis crossover comic of yesteryear, so no doubt we nerds all saw the major story beats coming. But, holy hell, the “normies” I was in the show with absolutely did not. I swear on my favorite batarang, there were audible gasps and a couple of younger kids were screaming with fear/sorrow. It’s going to be very hard for anything to top this film for sheer epic shock value.

As to my worry about the right balance between “action” and “acting,” this film nailed it. Possibly better than even some other MCU films.

Five outta five. A+++. Would *biff!* *bam!* *pow!* again!
yeah, I heard alot of that too.


of course by the end I heard alot of people going "That's it?!!!" like it was The Matrix Revolutions or something. Or that "It was too long".

A pox, a pox upon them
I heard some "that's it?" too. But I heard that after the Fellowship of the Ring, which I thought everyone in the world knew that there were 2 more books/movies. And as Thor is my witness, when I saw Titanic in the theatre, there were a couple of teenage girls behind me that were bawling bear the end and one of them said (and I'm paraphrasing since time has removed the actual quote from my memory), "I can't believe the ship sank!" :shock:

Some folks just don't follow these things enough to know that there are sequels coming. And I don't take any account of "too long". I snuck off with a friend while my wife and son were home from work/school sick were napping for a 1 PM show and I got texted at 3:30 and I couldn't believe it was that late into the movie because I was riveted. I would have sat there another 4 hours, easy. It was great.

MacynSnow
Posts: 1931
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:56 pm

Re: [No spoilers] Avengers: Infinity War part 1

Post by MacynSnow » Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:43 pm

I'll give 'em credit where it's due: say what you will about Marvel Comics,but the're absolutely near perfect when it comes to Movies(though with every good studio,they hit clunkers too)...

User avatar
Batgirl III
Posts: 1795
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:17 am
Location: Portland, Oregon

Re: [No spoilers] Avengers: Infinity War part 1

Post by Batgirl III » Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:13 pm

MacynSnow wrote:
Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:43 pm
I'll give 'em credit where it's due: say what you will about Marvel Comics,but the're absolutely near perfect when it comes to Movies(though with every good studio,they hit clunkers too)...
Even the few “clunkers” from Marvel Studios (IMHO, Hulk, Thor 2, and Iron Man 3) have been significantly above par when compared to superhero movies on the whole.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.

Voltron64
Posts: 123
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:44 am
Location: Tucson, AZ

Re: [No spoilers] Avengers: Infinity War part 1

Post by Voltron64 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:18 pm

Batgirl III wrote:
Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:04 am
Voltron64 wrote:
Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:00 am
End of Disc 1.

Please Insert Disc 2 To Continue.

That’s really all I can say of this movie.
It’s gonna be a long wait. I haven’t been this on edge over a cliffhanger since ‘Best of Both Worlds, Part I.’

“Mister Worf... Fire.”
Me as you can tell, I can only compare to the end of Disc 1 of a Squaresoft game like Final Fantasy VII or Xenogears.

User avatar
HalloweenJack
Posts: 734
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:50 pm

Re: [No spoilers] Avengers: Infinity War part 1

Post by HalloweenJack » Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:55 pm

Thorpocalypse wrote:
Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:13 pm
HalloweenJack wrote:
Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:26 pm
Batgirl III wrote:
Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:49 pm
I just left the theater. Holy epic crossover, Batman!

I think most of us geeks are familiar with the original Infinity Gauntlet crisis crossover comic of yesteryear, so no doubt we nerds all saw the major story beats coming. But, holy hell, the “normies” I was in the show with absolutely did not. I swear on my favorite batarang, there were audible gasps and a couple of younger kids were screaming with fear/sorrow. It’s going to be very hard for anything to top this film for sheer epic shock value.

As to my worry about the right balance between “action” and “acting,” this film nailed it. Possibly better than even some other MCU films.

Five outta five. A+++. Would *biff!* *bam!* *pow!* again!
yeah, I heard alot of that too.


of course by the end I heard alot of people going "That's it?!!!" like it was The Matrix Revolutions or something. Or that "It was too long".

A pox, a pox upon them
I heard some "that's it?" too. But I heard that after the Fellowship of the Ring, which I thought everyone in the world knew that there were 2 more books/movies. And as Thor is my witness, when I saw Titanic in the theatre, there were a couple of teenage girls behind me that were bawling bear the end and one of them said (and I'm paraphrasing since time has removed the actual quote from my memory), "I can't believe the ship sank!" :shock:

Some folks just don't follow these things enough to know that there are sequels coming. And I don't take any account of "too long". I snuck off with a friend while my wife and son were home from work/school sick were napping for a 1 PM show and I got texted at 3:30 and I couldn't believe it was that late into the movie because I was riveted. I would have sat there another 4 hours, easy. It was great.

I felt that way too. My niece and I both felt like that we knew it was over 2 hours we sat there but that it didn't feel like two hours + because we were constantly engaged with what was going on in the movie. Also I think we got it better than the casual viewers because when she was little I used to read she and my nephew Infinity Gauntlet.

Our talk of it even has my wife wanting to see it now (she's usually only into these movies as far as the Three Chrises go....but since she has all three), so we may all go next weekend too.

Spectrum
Posts: 1380
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:08 pm

Re: [No spoilers] Avengers: Infinity War part 1

Post by Spectrum » Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:29 pm

I'm at least three MCU movies behind- Homecoming, Thor 3 and Black Panther- but generally up on the rest of the series. I also haven't been following any of the tv series for the last few years. Is IW still going to make sense?
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.

User avatar
HalloweenJack
Posts: 734
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:50 pm

Re: [No spoilers] Avengers: Infinity War part 1

Post by HalloweenJack » Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:35 pm

I think you should see Ragnarok anyway. I don't think you'd need to see Homecoming or BP necessarily to get it, but Ragnarok yeah you may want to

User avatar
Batgirl III
Posts: 1795
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:17 am
Location: Portland, Oregon

Re: [No spoilers] Avengers: Infinity War part 1

Post by Batgirl III » Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:12 am

Spectrum wrote:
Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:29 pm
I'm at least three MCU movies behind- Homecoming, Thor 3 and Black Panther- but generally up on the rest of the series. I also haven't been following any of the tv series for the last few years. Is IW still going to make sense?
Thor: Ragnarok is pretty much required viewing as it has several major story beats that set up the state of the universe for Avengers: Infinity War.

Black Panther has a few elements, but if you're generally familiar with T'Challa and Wakanda, then there's nothing in Avengers: Infinity War that will catch you by surprise. Likewise, if you know who Spidey is than Avengers: Infinity War makes perfect sense without ever seeing Spider-Man: Homecoming. They're all great movies though, so maybe spring for the $10 to rent them on Amazon. ;)

I will say that the shocking twist ending of Avengers: Infinity War will make a lot more sense if you've seen 1986's Howard the Duck. I mean, did anyone even hear a hint of an iota of a speculation of a rumor that Lea Thompson had been cast for this movie!? Impressive that they were able to keep such a shocking scene from being spoiler'd... Oh, shoot, guess I ruined that. :roll:
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.

User avatar
HalloweenJack
Posts: 734
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:50 pm

Re: [No spoilers] Avengers: Infinity War part 1

Post by HalloweenJack » Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:20 am

Batgirl III wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:12 am
Spectrum wrote:
Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:29 pm
I'm at least three MCU movies behind- Homecoming, Thor 3 and Black Panther- but generally up on the rest of the series. I also haven't been following any of the tv series for the last few years. Is IW still going to make sense?


I will say that the shocking twist ending of Avengers: Infinity War will make a lot more sense if you've seen 1986's Howard the Duck. I mean, did anyone even hear a hint of an iota of a speculation of a rumor that Lea Thompson had been cast for this movie!? Impressive that they were able to keep such a shocking scene from being spoiler'd... Oh, shoot, guess I ruined that. :roll:
shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhut uuuuuuuuuup :evil:

User avatar
Batgirl III
Posts: 1795
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:17 am
Location: Portland, Oregon

Re: [No spoilers] Avengers: Infinity War part 1

Post by Batgirl III » Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:23 am

HalloweenJack wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:20 am
shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhut uuuuuuuuuup :evil:
Howard the Duck's girlfriend wielding the Ultimate Nullifier in one hand and Beta-Ray Bill's uru hammer in the other, whilst driving Ghost Rider's motorcycle through a portal to the Micro-Verse!? Dude, how can anyone keep that a secret? I'm thinking I'm going to get it on a t-shirt... maybe a tattoo.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.

Post Reply