Young Justice returning for Season 3

The place to talk about your favorite movies, tv series, cartoons, music and theater.
Spectrum

Young Justice returning for Season 3

Post by Spectrum »

Oooh, hopefully this story has some truth to it.

http://imgur.com/gallery/xAZr7
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
Psistrike

Re: Young Justice returning for Season 3

Post by Psistrike »

Saw the news from another site which Kreuz linked in Skype. Happy to hear they are bringing it back. :D
Shock

Post by Shock »

No details but this seems to be legit.
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

Praise be.

I really came to enjoy this series on Netflix and was a little miffed that it just sorta ended.

I mean, damn, you end on Vandal Savage and Darkseid officially becoming an alliance.....YOU DON'T END THAT WAY DC!
Ken

Post by Ken »

HalloweenJack wrote:I mean, damn, you end on Vandal Savage and Darkseid officially becoming an alliance.....YOU DON'T END THAT WAY DC!
Bob Harras, Jim Lee, and Dan Didio becoming an alliance. That's the way to end DC.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
badpenny

Post by badpenny »

I love YJ! Yay!
Penny's Build Party - Playable builds - M&M 2.5 featuring Damage Roll combat
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

Ken wrote:
HalloweenJack wrote:I mean, damn, you end on Vandal Savage and Darkseid officially becoming an alliance.....YOU DON'T END THAT WAY DC!
Bob Harras, Jim Lee, and Dan Didio becoming an alliance. That's the way to end DC.

.....We're through the looking glass, people
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

Awesome. This was always an excellent series that was hampered by CN's screwing them over on release dates and what not. I had my issues with the series (the Light was a bit too competent at times and the League tended to look like a bunch of chumps save for Batman), but overall I really liked this show. And hey, hopefully this means more Captain Marvel.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Ares wrote: And hey, hopefully this means more Captain Marvel.
HOLY MOLEY!!
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Michuru

Post by Michuru »

This was amazing news. Now, to get someone to resurrect Wolverine and the X-Men... :lol:
NVAE Setting - VP: 5
badpenny

Post by badpenny »

It featured some of the best storytelling I've ever seen. The whole Kaldur/Black Manta/Artemis storyline in season two was riveting. I'd give my eyeteeth to play in a game with that level of depth to it.
Penny's Build Party - Playable builds - M&M 2.5 featuring Damage Roll combat
Goldar

Post by Goldar »

Would be so awesome if this is true.

Most likely won't see it until Sept of 2017, but still, this is good news for fans.
L-Space

Post by L-Space »

I'm feeling the aster!
Formerly luketheduke86
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

I've got to say I'm looking forward to this. I've loved what Greg Weisman has done in animation before (Gargoyles, Spectacular Spider-Man), and Young Justice itself was a very solid show. Strong continuity and character analysis, excellent animation, a fun re-imagining of the DCU, some interesting takes on characters, etc.

That said, I did have some issues with the series. The Light seemed to be trying to hard to be the YJ version of David Xanatos, as they pretty much always won. Even when the heroes thought they won, the Light still won. At best, the Light would suffer a minor inconvenience, and it was only in Season 2 that the Light received any kind of defeat, only to reveal that they still have possession of War World and are in an alliance with Darkseid. At a certain point, you just get tired of the villains being that successful because the heroes don't look like they're actually accomplishing much.

The other problem with the Light was that they were so omni-present that everything pretty much wound up being a Light scheme. One thing I loved about Spectacular Spider-Man and Gargoyles was that there were tons of villains who weren't all working together, they each had their own goals and schemes, often which interfered with each other, so it never felt like there was just one threat the heroes had to deal with. Even the Reach wound up basically being a Light plan that backfired. So even though the cast of villains was very diverse, the fact that they all were basically tools of the Light made it feel like there wasn't really as much variety in threats.

Along with that was how the Justice League often wound up looking incompetent compared to the kids. It was the kids show after all, and a teenagers perspective is that adults are useless buzzkills . . . but we the viewers should also know that isn't the case. We rarely got to see the League actually be heroes, and it came down to the kids to deal with what was shown to be the greatest assemblage of villains ever. The League tend to look like chumps most of the time, unless it's Batman. I found myself wishing that the show had just been called "Justice" and had focused equally on the kids and the Justice League proper.

On a more personal note, I generally liked their portrayal of Captain Marvel, but found they underutilized a guy who could give both the teen perspective and the League perspective. They also made him just a little too immature at times, bordering on stupid and gullible.

It was also kind of annoying when Wonder Woman got on his case for "lying" to the League, saying that a "lie of omission is still a lie" and that he kept important information from the League. She then proceeds to get on Batman's case for training Robin to be a superhero at a young age, seeming on the verge of anger with him. Yet she's also oddly blase when Captain Marvel brings up Dr. Fate is basically using Zatara as a meat puppet, forcing the magician to be apart from his daughter.

I honestly had a little head canon moment where after Diana gets on Batman's case, Billy just takes a deep breath and mentally goes taps into the Wisdom of Solomon to help him articulate what he wants to say. At which point he stands up and goes:

Captain Marvel: "Okay, I've had enough of this. Diana, you are being a MASSIVE hypocrite right now, and it needs to stop."

Wonder Woman: "Excuse me?"

Captain Marvel: "How in the heck do you get to act all high and mighty at Batman for training Robin when you come from an island of women who train each other from birth in warrior arts and to adhere to Amazon philosophy? What, it's not okay to train kids to be heroes unless they're girls raised only on your island?"

Wonder Woman: *rises to her feet* "How DARE you-"

Captain Marvel: "Actually, for that matter, where IS your island located?"

Wonder Woman: "Excuse me?"

Captain Marvel: "Your island. Your secret island that only you and the few people on this team you've trusted with it's location. I want to know where it is. Otherwise you're keeping important information from the rest of the team. I mean, what if we need to find it and you're incapacitated or dead? We're in trouble then, aren't we?"

Wonder Woman: "That's not-"

Captain Marvel: "For that matter, I formally request that every Leaguer present reveal their secret identities, as well as reveal the locations of the Fortress of Solitude, the Batcave, the Quiver, and so forth. Otherwise they should be considered up for expulsion from the team as well."

Superman: "Billy, what are you-"

Captain Marvel: "Ah ah ah! It's not fair you call me by my real name when I don't know yours, Superman. Or Batman's. Or any of the 'Big Seven' for that matter. I mean, you were not required to reveal your identity to anyone, right? You chose to, even though knowing your identity could be potentially life saving at some point, right?"

Superman: *thinks about it, then smiles and shrugs* "Fair point."

Wonder Woman: "Child, you're being ridicu-"

Captain Marvel: "NO. I am not. I am applying the same standards to you as you want to apply to me. I did not deceive the League. This body comes with my powers. YOU asked ME to join the League two years ago, and in that time my qualifications and performance have never come up as an issue. It only became an issue when you found out my real identity, something none of you were required to give to me."

*the Captain Marvel scans the room*

Captain Marvel: "We ALL have secrets that are ours to share or not share as we wish. If full disclosure is something required of one of us, it has to be required of all of us, otherwise this isn't a League of equals anymore. Heck, maybe it never was."

Captain Marvel: *points a finger at Dr. Fate* "You're thinking about kicking me off the team for exercising the same rights the rest of you have, but you're going to consider keeping Dr. Fate on the team? Why? Because he's the right age? Because he's powerful? Fate has forcibly taken possession of one of our teammates and friends, and we're okay with this? Why? Because he's HONEST about it? How in the world am I the elephant in the room when we've got a long time Leaguer sitting there with his body hijacked and his daughter left without her father?"

Captain Marvel: *takes a deep breath* "A few days ago, you people were my friends. You talked to me like I was an equal, respected my input, laughed at my jokes, and were happy to have me around. Already a lot of you have started talking down to me or about me like I'm not even here. I'm the same guy you've worked alongside with for the last several years. And if none of that matters, if I'm held to different standards than the rest of you, then you won't have to vote me out of this team, I will be out of here so fast even Flash won't see it happen."

*Captain Marvel sits down and folds his arms over his chest. The rest of the League look back and forth at each other, somewhat uncomfortably as they consider what he said, how much they've kept from each other, etc. More than a few glances fall on Dr. Fate*

Batman: "All of these points should be considered, especially as we discuss the League's future. We may require more disclosure of potential members for later on, but as of now, we cannot apply such decisions retroactively. Not when the only reason this was brought up was due to Captain Marvel revealing his identity to help save the world. We will consider everything carefully, and appropriately."

Batman: *turns his gaze to Dr. Fate* "Including the disposition of certain other teammates."
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Yep, that settles it. Gonna need to try and watch the show when I get a chance.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."