Your first "Cartoon crush"

The place to talk about your favorite movies, tv series, cartoons, music and theater.
MacynSnow
Posts: 1931
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:56 pm

Your first "Cartoon crush"

Post by MacynSnow » Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:06 am

Let's not lie about it,we've all fallen victim to the most dreaded thing a kid nerd/geek can get growing up:a crush on a female/Male character on a cartoon show. So i was rather curious as to everyone else's cartoon crush was&what made them "THE Person" for you at that time of your live...........I'll be first and say i had 2 growing up:The Sorceress off of MoTU(i was around 10-11 and staying w/relatives while my mom&dad were in a messy divorce.I guess what drew me to her was the sence(?) of motherlyness about her,so i guess she shouln't really count for this......) and my aforementioned Cover Girl from RAH.

User avatar
Ken
Posts: 1574
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:40 pm
Location: DeKamore, IL, Earth-Two
Contact:

Re: Your first "Cartoon crush"

Post by Ken » Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:03 pm

Princess/Janet Waldo from "Battle of the Planets". It was definitely Ms. Waldo's voice work that got me. When they cast Ms. Waldo as Hawkgirl for the 1980-82 "Superfriends" seasons I was elated.

Princess Ariel from "Thundarr the Barbarian" was probably the first animated cartoon character whose art design caused my loins to stir.
After his success co-authoring a murder mystery w/James Patterson, Marvel is now talking to Bill Clinton about doing some comics writing: a revival of Steve Gerber's swamp monster hero. They expect Bill Clinton's 'Man-Thing' will be very popular.

User avatar
Davies
Posts: 1111
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:37 pm
Location: Edmonton, AB

Re: Your first "Cartoon crush"

Post by Davies » Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:45 pm

The Lady Amalthea.

Jabroniville
Posts: 7527
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:05 pm

Re: Your first "Cartoon crush"

Post by Jabroniville » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:44 am

Oh, God. Kimber Benton. A thousand times Kimber Benton. Lesser ones are The Sorceress, April O'Neil and Princess Toadstool.

User avatar
Batgirl III
Posts: 1795
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:17 am
Location: Portland, Oregon

Re: Your first "Cartoon crush"

Post by Batgirl III » Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:09 am

Destro and the Baroness, from G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero (1983-86). There was so much naughtiness going on with those two, both between the pair of them, and with either one of them and various other characters from the show. Especially Lady Jaye.

And, although not a "cartoon," per se, I crushed hard on Dick Grayson/Nightwing. You're all shocked I'm sure.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.

MacynSnow
Posts: 1931
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:56 pm

Re: Your first "Cartoon crush"

Post by MacynSnow » Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:11 pm

Batgirl III wrote:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:09 am
Destro and the Baroness, from G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero (1983-86). There was so much naughtiness going on with those two, both between the pair of them, and with either one of them and various other characters from the show. Especially Lady Jaye.

And, although not a "cartoon," per se, I crushed hard on Dick Grayson/Nightwing. You're all shocked I'm sure.
wasn't Lady Jaye&Destro somehow related(i know in the comics that they were distant cousin's or something)?

User avatar
Woodclaw
Posts: 584
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:05 pm
Location: Como, Italy

Re: Your first "Cartoon crush"

Post by Woodclaw » Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:35 pm

MacynSnow wrote:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:11 pm
Batgirl III wrote:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:09 am
Destro and the Baroness, from G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero (1983-86). There was so much naughtiness going on with those two, both between the pair of them, and with either one of them and various other characters from the show. Especially Lady Jaye.

And, although not a "cartoon," per se, I crushed hard on Dick Grayson/Nightwing. You're all shocked I'm sure.
wasn't Lady Jaye&Destro somehow related(i know in the comics that they were distant cousin's or something)?
Not that I know of. At least on in the RAH continuity.
"You're right. Sorry. Holy shit," I breathed, "heckhounds.”

WareHouse W (main build thread for M&M)

User avatar
Batgirl III
Posts: 1795
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:17 am
Location: Portland, Oregon

Re: Your first "Cartoon crush"

Post by Batgirl III » Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:51 pm

It’s heavily implied in the episode where Lady Jaye inherits an old manor house in Scotland, which happens to have Destro performing evil magic rituals in the dungeons. But the episode never says it explicitly and the “twist” ending can be interpreted as the whole thing being a con by the Baroness.

I choose to believe the subtext.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.

User avatar
Ares
Site Admin
Posts: 1470
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:40 am

Re: Your first "Cartoon crush"

Post by Ares » Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:04 pm

Woof. Lady Jaye. That voice, that character design, that attitude. It's no wonder her and Flint were a way more popular pair than Duke and Scarlet.

User avatar
Batgirl III
Posts: 1795
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:17 am
Location: Portland, Oregon

Re: Your first "Cartoon crush"

Post by Batgirl III » Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:35 pm

Ares wrote:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:04 pm
Woof. Lady Jaye. That voice, that character design, that attitude. It's no wonder her and Flint were a way more popular pair than Duke and Scarlet.
Image

Image

Image

Image



Mmmm... Eighties child-friendly fan service.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.

MacynSnow
Posts: 1931
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:56 pm

Re: Your first "Cartoon crush"

Post by MacynSnow » Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:08 am

Image
Image
Image
I think you forgot a couple of people BG! :lol:

User avatar
Batgirl III
Posts: 1795
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:17 am
Location: Portland, Oregon

Re: Your first "Cartoon crush"

Post by Batgirl III » Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:34 am

Broken Hyperlink Woman? Hmm... Not my style.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.

MacynSnow
Posts: 1931
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:56 pm

Re: Your first "Cartoon crush"

Post by MacynSnow » Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:21 am

Batgirl III wrote:
Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:34 am
Broken Hyperlink Woman? Hmm... Not my style.
It was going to be Covergirl,Jinx&Pythona,so i blame Cobra for this travisty..... :oops:

User avatar
Batgirl III
Posts: 1795
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:17 am
Location: Portland, Oregon

Re: Your first "Cartoon crush"

Post by Batgirl III » Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:36 am

Cover-Girl was only in, like, four episodes of the cartoon. So as I kid I barely knew she existed... I think I probably confused her with Scarlet the few times she did show up. (It's not like making the red-head into a blonde was the kind of coloration mistake that was unknown in Eighties cartoons.); Jinx was cool, but she didn't show up until the movie and after the seasons that came after. She was cute, but not first "cartoon crush" levels of cute; As for Pythona, well, she was just scary looking. Like, an evil witch version of Infectious Lass.

Plus, unlike the Baroness, none of them had Destro as a partner for generating so much sexual tension. I was too young to realize what it was, but no doubt on some subconscious level I was aware of it. Given the yottabytes of fanart, cosplay, and Rule 34 devoted to Destro and the Baroness, or Destro and Lady Jaye, or Lady Jaye and the Baroness, or Destro and Lady Jaye and the Baroness... Well, obviously I'm not the only Eighties Baby to pick up on it.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.

User avatar
Batgirl III
Posts: 1795
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:17 am
Location: Portland, Oregon

Re: Your first "Cartoon crush"

Post by Batgirl III » Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:44 am

Although, now that you've got me looking for more about Cover-Girl...

Image
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.

Post Reply