Your first "Cartoon crush"

The place to talk about your favorite movies, tv series, cartoons, music and theater.
MacynSnow

Your first "Cartoon crush"

Post by MacynSnow »

Let's not lie about it,we've all fallen victim to the most dreaded thing a kid nerd/geek can get growing up:a crush on a female/Male character on a cartoon show. So i was rather curious as to everyone else's cartoon crush was&what made them "THE Person" for you at that time of your live...........I'll be first and say i had 2 growing up:The Sorceress off of MoTU(i was around 10-11 and staying w/relatives while my mom&dad were in a messy divorce.I guess what drew me to her was the sence(?) of motherlyness about her,so i guess she shouln't really count for this......) and my aforementioned Cover Girl from RAH.
Ken

Re: Your first "Cartoon crush"

Post by Ken »

Princess/Janet Waldo from "Battle of the Planets". It was definitely Ms. Waldo's voice work that got me. When they cast Ms. Waldo as Hawkgirl for the 1980-82 "Superfriends" seasons I was elated.

Princess Ariel from "Thundarr the Barbarian" was probably the first animated cartoon character whose art design caused my loins to stir.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Davies

Post by Davies »

The Lady Amalthea.
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Oh, God. Kimber Benton. A thousand times Kimber Benton. Lesser ones are The Sorceress, April O'Neil and Princess Toadstool.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Destro and the Baroness, from G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero (1983-86). There was so much naughtiness going on with those two, both between the pair of them, and with either one of them and various other characters from the show. Especially Lady Jaye.

And, although not a "cartoon," per se, I crushed hard on Dick Grayson/Nightwing. You're all shocked I'm sure.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Batgirl III wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:09 am Destro and the Baroness, from G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero (1983-86). There was so much naughtiness going on with those two, both between the pair of them, and with either one of them and various other characters from the show. Especially Lady Jaye.

And, although not a "cartoon," per se, I crushed hard on Dick Grayson/Nightwing. You're all shocked I'm sure.
wasn't Lady Jaye&Destro somehow related(i know in the comics that they were distant cousin's or something)?
Woodclaw

Post by Woodclaw »

MacynSnow wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:11 pm
Batgirl III wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:09 am Destro and the Baroness, from G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero (1983-86). There was so much naughtiness going on with those two, both between the pair of them, and with either one of them and various other characters from the show. Especially Lady Jaye.

wasn't Lady Jaye&Destro somehow related(i know in the comics that they were distant cousin's or something)?
Not that I know of. At least on in the RAH continuity.
"You're right. Sorry. Holy shit," I breathed, "heckhounds.”

WareHouse W (main build thread for M&M)
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

It’s heavily implied in the episode where Lady Jaye inherits an old manor house in Scotland, which happens to have Destro performing evil magic rituals in the dungeons. But the episode never says it explicitly and the “twist” ending can be interpreted as the whole thing being a con by the Baroness.

I choose to believe the subtext.
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

Woof. Lady Jaye. That voice, that character design, that attitude. It's no wonder her and Flint were a way more popular pair than Duke and Scarlet.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Ares wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:04 pm Woof. Lady Jaye. That voice, that character design, that attitude. It's no wonder her and Flint were a way more popular pair than Duke and Scarlet.

Mmmm... Eighties child-friendly fan service.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

I think you forgot a couple of people BG! :lol:
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Broken Hyperlink Woman? Hmm... Not my style.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Batgirl III wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:34 am Broken Hyperlink Woman? Hmm... Not my style.
It was going to be Covergirl,Jinx&Pythona,so i blame Cobra for this travisty..... :oops:
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Cover-Girl was only in, like, four episodes of the cartoon. So as I kid I barely knew she existed... I think I probably confused her with Scarlet the few times she did show up. (It's not like making the red-head into a blonde was the kind of coloration mistake that was unknown in Eighties cartoons.); Jinx was cool, but she didn't show up until the movie and after the seasons that came after. She was cute, but not first "cartoon crush" levels of cute; As for Pythona, well, she was just scary looking. Like, an evil witch version of Infectious Lass.

Plus, unlike the Baroness, none of them had Destro as a partner for generating so much sexual tension. I was too young to realize what it was, but no doubt on some subconscious level I was aware of it. Given the yottabytes of fanart, cosplay, and Rule 34 devoted to Destro and the Baroness, or Destro and Lady Jaye, or Lady Jaye and the Baroness, or Destro and Lady Jaye and the Baroness... Well, obviously I'm not the only Eighties Baby to pick up on it.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Although, now that you've got me looking for more about Cover-Girl...