Murder on the Orient Express

The place to talk about your favorite movies, tv series, cartoons, music and theater.
Ares
Site Admin

Murder on the Orient Express

Post by Ares »

Anyone else excited about the upcoming remake?
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Tattooedman

Re: Murder on the Orient Express

Post by Tattooedman »

Yep, it looks to be well done (at least from the previews I've seen going to other movies). So I'll be checking it out once it's released.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

It's coming off a bit like a Hollywood circle-jerk ("let's get every act we know involved!"), and those are iffy sometimes, but the source material's obviously pretty good :).
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Went and saw this last weekend, overall a pretty good movie. Now I've never read any of the Poirot books, so the mystery was pretty good (though the answer was a bit obvious at a certain point) but I think all the actors did a really good job in playing their parts. Plus from what I'm told there were a few moments that pointed out Poirot's eccentricities and personality rather well.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

I'm old enough to have watched the original on VHS tape so many times i can give you chapter,line &verse.I also loved that twist when it showed(ok,so it WAS a little obvious after a while,but it was still a nice touch),i can't wait to see this on Friday.I personally hope it does well enough to warrent more Agatha Christie movies(Death on The Nile being a personal recommendation)...... :D
Heritage367

Post by Heritage367 »

Jabroniville wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:03 am It's coming off a bit like a Hollywood circle-jerk ("let's get every act we know involved!"), and those are iffy sometimes, but the source material's obviously pretty good :).
They always do that with Agatha Christie movie adaptations; look at the casts of Death on the Nile or previous adaptations of MotOE and they did the same thing. It's just jarring to us now because we actually know everyone in this cast.