Murder on the Orient Express

The place to talk about your favorite movies, tv series, cartoons, music and theater.
Ares
Site Admin

Murder on the Orient Express

Post by Ares » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:00 pm

Anyone else excited about the upcoming remake?

Tattooedman

Re: Murder on the Orient Express

Post by Tattooedman » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:26 pm

Yep, it looks to be well done (at least from the previews I've seen going to other movies). So I'll be checking it out once it's released.

Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville » Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:03 am

It's coming off a bit like a Hollywood circle-jerk ("let's get every act we know involved!"), and those are iffy sometimes, but the source material's obviously pretty good :).

Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman » Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:39 pm

Went and saw this last weekend, overall a pretty good movie. Now I've never read any of the Poirot books, so the mystery was pretty good (though the answer was a bit obvious at a certain point) but I think all the actors did a really good job in playing their parts. Plus from what I'm told there were a few moments that pointed out Poirot's eccentricities and personality rather well.

MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:16 am

I'm old enough to have watched the original on VHS tape so many times i can give you chapter,line &verse.I also loved that twist when it showed(ok,so it WAS a little obvious after a while,but it was still a nice touch),i can't wait to see this on Friday.I personally hope it does well enough to warrent more Agatha Christie movies(Death on The Nile being a personal recommendation)...... :D

Heritage367

Post by Heritage367 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:15 pm

Jabroniville wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:03 am
It's coming off a bit like a Hollywood circle-jerk ("let's get every act we know involved!"), and those are iffy sometimes, but the source material's obviously pretty good :).
They always do that with Agatha Christie movie adaptations; look at the casts of Death on the Nile or previous adaptations of MotOE and they did the same thing. It's just jarring to us now because we actually know everyone in this cast.