Justice League -

The place to talk about your favorite movies, tv series, cartoons, music and theater.
Ares
Site Admin

Justice League -

Post by Ares »

So, Justice League is coming out soon, and I'm not sure what to think about that. I had mixed feelings about Man of Steel. I hated Batman v. Superman. I loved Wonder Woman. So how this movie goes is anyone's guess. I'm hoping for something that finally feels like an Avengers film with DC characters, and some of the action scenes look decent at least. That said, I'm already annoyed with how the Flash is like an even nerdier Peter Parker wearing this heavy armored costume while allegedly being a speedster. I'm also not digging Cyborg looking like a human-sized Michael Bay Transformer, but we'll see how that goes.

Mostly, tho, this is an excuse to re-post this old nugget from the Ronin Army forums:

And now, a hypothetical fight between the Marvel Cinematic Universe Avengers, and the DC Cinematic Universe Trinity.

*Thor and Superman are trading punches back and forth, until one punch sends Thor flying through a building. Thor sees the building is about to collapse, and that there are people still inside it, so he flies back to the damaged section and supports it himself to give the people time to evacuate. Superman blinks in surprise as Captain America interposes himself between Superman and Thor, shield up, ready to defend his teammate*

Superman: "What's he doing?"

Capt. America: "Who?"

Superman: "Your friend with the hammer. He's left himself completely exposed to attack. Why?"

Capt. America: *blinks in surprise* "He's . . . he's supporting the building."

Superman: "I can see that. But WHY is he doing it?"

Capt. America: "So that the building won't collapse."

Superman: "I don't follow."

Capt. America: *exasperated* "So if won't FALL on anyone! So the people inside can GET OUT SAFELY!"

Superman: *lightbulb goes on* "Oh! OOOOHHHHHHHHHH! I get it now! If you break stuff during a super-fight, it could fall or fly and hurt someone!"

Capt. America: *still exasperated* "YES."

Superman: "Wait, so you mean when I was punching Zod through buildings without checking them with my X-Ray Vision first, people were getting killed?"

Capt. America: "Probably. That skyscraper you dropped in the streets didn't help anything either."

Superman: "Oh. Wow, no wonder so many people were pissed at me. I need to tell this to Batman and Wonder Woman, this could do a lot to help our image."

*both turn to see Batman driving the Batmobile through the streets, cackling like a madman, running cars off the road, sending them flying into buildings, dragging several cars behind him on tow-cables, and intentionally driving at pedestrians*

Batman: "MARTHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Capt. America: "I think it's too late for that."
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
L-Space

Re: Justice League -

Post by L-Space »

I doubt I'll go see it opening weekend, but I'm sure I'll see it eventually. My general displeasure with DCs movies (besides Wonder Woman) probably means I'll wait until I can see it on a $5 movie night.
Formerly luketheduke86
Davies

Post by Davies »

:oops: I've already got my ticket. I'm not a well man ...
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
Ken

Post by Ken »

L-Space wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:24 pm I doubt I'll go see it opening weekend, but I'm sure I'll see it eventually. My general displeasure with DCs movies (besides Wonder Woman) probably means I'll wait until I can see it on a $5 movie night.
Amen, brother.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Leaked footage: Part of the final act, when Batman, Wonder Woman, and Cyborg rescue Flash and Aquaman from Darkseid along with (*spoiler alert*)

Superman, returned from the dead, being particularly useful against Darkseid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4BCSzuOfgo

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Davies

Post by Davies »

Ken wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:44 pm Leaked foot
You did this joke already.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Yes, I quoted it exactly.

BriarThrone

Post by BriarThrone »

Not going to see it.

Marvel earned their Avengers movie by introducing each character in a solo movie that was at least adequate, so we knew who the MCU versions were and why we should care and we'd be invested in each character individually.

DC has only put out a handful of movies about League members, and most of those were awful. They haven't built to it properly, and the movie will suffer as a result.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

well ive got a free ticket for it from donating blood so Ill catch it on Tuesday when I can get a discounted drinks and ticket for my dad to join me. Well see how it goes. Should be better thanks to Jos Whedon taking it over from Snyder.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Davies

Post by Davies »

It was okay. I liked it better than I did Thor: Ragnarok, which isn't actually saying all that much, but I'd give it an 8 out of 9. It suffers, I think, from the fact that it's biggest development has been obvious for months, and becomes especially obvious when you note the position of a certain name in the credit listing. But it was okay, but definitely not Avengers class.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Why does Steel look so different?

Davies

Post by Davies »

Ken wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:04 am Why does Steel look so different?
... cute. Took me a minute. Very cute.
L-Space

Post by L-Space »

So I still haven't seen it, but it looks like some fans have already started a petition demanding a Zack Snyder cut of the film...
Formerly luketheduke86
Ken

Post by Ken »

L-Space wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:06 pm So I still haven't seen it, but it looks like some fans have already started a petition demanding a Zack Snyder cut of the film...
Dear God in Heaven. I weep for humanity. They don't need a Snyder Cut. Just wait for the DVD and when it comes turn the Color setting on the telly down to about 2 notches from B&W.

Was the film too cheerful? Too hopeful? Not enough like Watchmen?

L-Space

Post by L-Space »

Ken wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:18 pm
L-Space wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:06 pm So I still haven't seen it, but it looks like some fans have already started a petition demanding a Zack Snyder cut of the film...
Dear God in Heaven. I weep for humanity. They don't need a Snyder Cut. Just wait for the DVD and when it comes turn the Color setting on the telly down to about 2 notches from B&W.

Was the film too cheerful? Too hopeful? Not enough like Watchmen?
Don't forget that Joss Whedon also had the audacity of liking a tweet that criticized the movie's villain.
Formerly luketheduke86