Overly Sarcastic Productions - History, Literature, Mythology and Tropes, in under 15 minutes.

The place to talk about your favorite movies, tv series, cartoons, music and theater.
Ares
Site Admin

Overly Sarcastic Productions - History, Literature, Mythology and Tropes, in under 15 minutes.

Post by Ares »

I just recently discovered Overly Sarcastic Productions, which I can thank Kreuzritter for introducing me to. It's a YouTube group that creates concise breakdowns of various topics, from mythology to history to tropes to literature.

Their breakdown on Frankenstein and Dracula have been great, and their ability to summarize something as dense as Journey to the West has been phenomenal.

I'd highly recommend it to anyone who's been interested in these kinds of stories but doesn't have the time, or has wondered if the commitment some stories required would be worth the read.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Davies

Re: Overly Sarcastic Productions - History, Literature, Mythology and Tropes, in under 15 minutes.

Post by Davies »

I'd like to echo this, I just spent most of the last two hours watching their stuff.
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
Ares
Site Admin

Re: Overly Sarcastic Productions - History, Literature, Mythology and Tropes, in under 15 minutes.

Post by Ares »

I know, right? I just finished watching their renditions on Heracles and Cu Chulain and MAN are these videos good.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Davies

Post by Davies »

For a short introduction to the feel of the series, try the Philosopher's Song.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

My favorite gags are all the O Fortuna motifs every time something scary happens, and that "Love Music" that pops up every time hawtness arrives on the scene- the story of Selene & Endymion (to answer the Sailor Moon fans... YES) features BOTH: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KL6o6glC6Fg
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

Just topping this in case no one's seen it. Very good stuff here. I might start linking some of my favorite entries.

Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

My Young Wards actually turned me on to this series. I highly recommend it.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
Woodclaw

Post by Woodclaw »

I've followed it for a quite a while. Admiteddly more for the myths summarized videos.
"You're right. Sorry. Holy shit," I breathed, "heckhounds.”

WareHouse W (main build thread for M&M)
Davies

Post by Davies »

Bumping this to bring to everyone's attention one of their recent pieces on a subject near and dear to all our hearts:

https://youtu.be/dEeZOn962QI