Inhumans (TV Series)

The place to talk about your favorite movies, tv series, cartoons, music and theater.
Davies

Inhumans (TV Series)

Post by Davies »

... well, I hope they got their money's worth when they filmed this in IMAX, because they certainly didn't have any left over for the writing. I'm underwhelmed, and while I'm going to keep watching, this is definitely the bottom of the Marvel barrel.

The guy who plays Black Bolt is a pretty good actor though.
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
Psistrike

Re: Inhumans (TV Series)

Post by Psistrike »

Yeah, my brother and I got to the scene where two guards without superhuman strength hold down Medusa while Maximus shaved her hair off with a normal steel razor. Killed the series for us right there, like the writers thought it would add drama but it just takes away a major part of her character. Plus the coup by Maximus seemed rushed, not given enough time before they sprung it on the audience.
Shock

Re: Inhumans (TV Series)

Post by Shock »

I just watched the first episode and I'm disappointed. They've pretty much eliminated super powers. Medusa has no hair. Black Bolt can't use his power and was taken down by a taser. Karnak bumped his head. All Gorgon does is punch things. Lockjaw is being held hostage unconscious. And Crystal is handcuffed and has no reason to use hers. What's the point of Inhumans if they're all effectively human? I don't think they did it to add drama but to limit budget.

At least they've introduced someone with visions so the bad guy who's always three steps ahead has some reason other than plot omniscience.