Wonder Woman (2017 movie)

The place to talk about your favorite movies, tv series, cartoons, music and theater.
Davies

Wonder Woman (2017 movie)

Post by Davies »

I'd give it an A-, a slightly higher A- than I gave Suicide Squad since it has a more coherent story. It's still fairly awkward and insistent on making all victories enjoyed by the protagonists momentary at best.

There was no post- or mid-credits scene, so if you're planning on watching it, you can just leave once the credits start rolling.
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
catsi563

Re: Wonder Woman (2017 movie)

Post by catsi563 »

I thoroughly enjoyed it. Gal was awesome as Diana and I slightly disagree I think the victories being transitory was part of the point. Not so much an ALL is doomed way but in a way that said that war is hell, and this life transitory so live, love in the time you have because its so short.

Just my own thoughts I think patty Davis did an amazing job bringing Diana to the screen and the movie had some great nods to the original tv series, the Nu52 stuff and her origin which was a mix of the original and nu 52 origins.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
RUSCHE

Post by RUSCHE »

catsi563 wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:31 am I thoroughly enjoyed it. Gal was awesome as Diana and I slightly disagree I think the victories being transitory was part of the point. Not so much an ALL is doomed way but in a way that said that war is hell, and this life transitory so live, love in the time you have because its so short.

Just my own thoughts I think patty Davis did an amazing job bringing Diana to the screen and the movie had some great nods to the original tv series, the Nu52 stuff and her origin which was a mix of the original and nu 52 origins.
I wholeheartedly agree with your thoughts on war is hell ect..this movie was done in a way to show just how different Diana is from the rest of her peers. The open hand is always a option but shows the reluctance to use the closed fist as it has consequences. I absolutely think this movie is the best DCUE has done in the new shared universe. Gal Gadot totally owned her role and Patty Davis showed how good she really is as a director.
bsdigitalq

Post by bsdigitalq »

So, Wonder Woman.

Really, really, *really* damn good.

Kind of slow and uninteresting in the beginning (apart from some terrific acting and humor involving Steve Trevor), but once they reach "No Man's Land" the whole thing just takes off and never really stops. Really loved every minute of it from then on. Best superhero movie I've seen since The Avengers 2012.
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Saw it yesterday with the wife, who by the way isn't that much of a fan of comic-based movies, but even she said it was good. Plus I agree with her, more because of the reasons stated above by others and the fact that the story is written with both fans of the comic & folks who barely know anything about the character and does a really good job of keeping both entertained.

Personally I agree with the idea that this is the best DCU movie done so far & I've seen Man of Steel, so very NOT impressed, skipped DoJ, & did enjoy Suicide Squad (even though it isn't a great adaptation of the book).
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
L-Space

Post by L-Space »

I really liked it as well. It had good action, the supporting characters were neat without becoming caricatures, and the visuals (for the most part) were great. By far the best DC shared universe movie by far.

Though I have some minor quibbles (the Hades battle felt a bit flat for me), the biggest problem I have is that I'm pretty sure none of the fun, humor, or color this movie had will ever reach the rest of the cinematic DCU.
Last edited by L-Space on Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Formerly luketheduke86
Voltron64

Post by Voltron64 »

I feel this is really going to propel Wonder Woman as the front and center flagship character for DC much as what happened for Iron Man and Marvel.