Spider-Man: Homecoming

The place to talk about your favorite movies, tv series, cartoons, music and theater.
L-Space

Spider-Man: Homecoming

Post by L-Space »

Second trailer was released today. I'm pretty excited for this movie. Tom Holland seems to have a firm grasp on what makes Spider-man Spider-man. Michael Keaton is creepy and menacing as the Vulture and they somehow made Vulture's costume awesome.

Anyone else's thoughts?
Formerly luketheduke86
MissRo

Re: Spider-Man: Homecoming

Post by MissRo »

For some reason I really liked Peter's ghetto Spidey costume after Stark took away his fancy one.

Also, hottie Aunt May is working for me. I get some Big Hero 6 vibes from it, which is always a good thing.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Why does Stark take away the fancy one?
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
MissRo

Post by MissRo »

Seems like Pete gets overconfident and almost gets a boat full of people killed.
L-Space

Post by L-Space »

MissRo wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:13 pm For some reason I really liked Peter's ghetto Spidey costume after Stark took away his fancy one.

Also, hottie Aunt May is working for me. I get some Big Hero 6 vibes from it, which is always a good thing.
Agree on both parts. Peter's 2nd spidey costume looks like something a teenager would come up with. And hottie Aunt May speaks for herself ;).
Ken wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:35 am Why does Stark take away the fancy one?
Looks like for not doing what he's told and for jumping into things unprepared. I wonder if Stark is aware of the hypocrisy.
Formerly luketheduke86
Jetstream

Post by Jetstream »

L-Space wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:59 am Looks like for not doing what he's told and for jumping into things unprepared. I wonder if Stark is aware of the hypocrisy.
It's, ah, not hypocrisy.

We just got done with a whole movie where Stark's all about making up for prior mistakes and personal responsibility and stuff.

It was kind of a big deal :P
L-Space

Post by L-Space »

Jetstream wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:38 am It's, ah, not hypocrisy.

We just got done with a whole movie where Stark's all about making up for prior mistakes and personal responsibility and stuff.

It was kind of a big deal :P
Fair enough, but it's not like Iron Man's debut wasn't without some...complications :).
Formerly luketheduke86
Ken

Post by Ken »

Coming later in the series:

Spider-Man: the Junior Prom

Spider-Man: the Enchantment Under the Sea

Spider-Man: Retro Dance Party

Spider-Man: the Senior Prom
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Psistrike

Post by Psistrike »

Ken wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:30 pm Coming later in the series:

Spider-Man: the Junior Prom

Spider-Man: the Enchantment Under the Sea

Spider-Man: Retro Dance Party

Spider-Man: the Senior Prom
*hits Ken with anime mallet* Bad Ken, no giving Hollywood and those idiots who made that Spider-Man musical ideas. :P
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

Stark (MCU) is an ass driven by fear and a need to assert control because of that fear.
L-Space

Post by L-Space »

StarGuard wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:41 pm Stark (MCU) is an ass driven by fear and a need to assert control because of that fear.
I don't think he's driven by fear. Stark has always struck me as the type who honestly wants to help people, he's just kind of an ass about it :D.
Formerly luketheduke86
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

Fear might not be the exact word that fits best. He is driven by the loss of his parents (trope) and that he couldn't "fix it". He has a obsessive need to Control any situation because of it. It's the main reason he can't form a healthy relationship with Pepper (or about anyone else). He doesn't trust, no Faith in anyone or anything but himself and I'm not sure he even trust himself really.

Full Disclosure: Love the Iron Man movies but loathe Stark. Kind of on same line with Spider-Man. Love his powers, hate his angst.