Logan

The place to talk about your favorite movies, tv series, cartoons, music and theater.
danelsan

Logan

Post by danelsan »

Saw the movie yesterday, and I'm happy to say they finally made a good one for Wolverine. They had to go to a lot of effort to distance it from all the previous movies (including the x-men ones), and make it rated R, but the result was pretty good.

the plot is...adequate, and the villains leave some to be desired, but the character development and relationships are more important here anyway. The action scenes are appropriately brutal, and Hugh Jackman and Patrick Stewart do a great job in it. I was also surprised by the kid playing Laura - I often expect child actors to be no good, but in this case it went well.

I wonder, given the ending, if Fox may want to eventually make a movie set in the further future of this timeline, with grown-up Laura as Wolverine like recently in the comics. Though that would mean a movie without the most well known X-men, so that sounds a bit insane.
RUSCHE

Re: Logan

Post by RUSCHE »

I enjoyed it for similar reasons. The dynamic between Logan and Charles was a highlight for me. The tone and separation from previous X-men movies was well done in my eyes.

I am not sure about the X23 in the future angle. I think they just need to sell all the rights back to Marvel/Disney and be done with it. Of course that will not happen and with a X-men TV show in the works it will definitely not happen.
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

The kid stole the show and that from someone who hates the comic book character she's based on. The interaction between Professor and Logan was enjoyable but the story overall was depressing and I won't be seeing it a second time or purchasing the blu-ray for this one.
siencs

Post by siencs »

Hi, new here and looking for the X-men TV show here in Australia. I searched a lot but didn't find anything yet!
Jetstream

Post by Jetstream »

StarGuard wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:08 pm The kid stole the show and that from someone who hates the comic book character she's based on. The interaction between Professor and Logan was enjoyable but the story overall was depressing and I won't be seeing it a second time or purchasing the blu-ray for this one.
A-hem, comic character indeed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_X ... nt_mutants

:P
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

I sit corrected lol. Never could afford to upgrade cable to Disney back then ... and the 90s had ruined the X-Men for me for years so lacked an interest. Fact is is I would have been turned off anyway by another blatant Wolverine wanna be for purposes of cashing in on Marvel's biggest cow, again and again and again ..... :roll:

Liked the movie character though so maybe enough time has passed ;)
danelsan

Post by danelsan »

StarGuard wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:02 pm I sit corrected lol. Never could afford to upgrade cable to Disney back then ... and the 90s had ruined the X-Men for me for years so lacked an interest. Fact is is I would have been turned off anyway by another blatant Wolverine wanna be for purposes of cashing in on Marvel's biggest cow, again and again and again ..... :roll:

Liked the movie character though so maybe enough time has passed ;)
Curiously, if you just read a synopsis of X-23's first comic series, it will read like a collection of "things unlikely to result in a good superhero story/character", but the actual execution is really good.