Kong

The place to talk about your favorite movies, tv series, cartoons, music and theater.
RUSCHE

Kong

Post by RUSCHE »

Anyone else excited to see the new Kong film?
The prospect of a shared Monsterverse is appealing to me.
Ken

Re: Kong

Post by Ken »

I wasn't aware it was a part of a shared anything. I've only been vaguely aware the new film is coming. But within that vague awareness, was an intent to go.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
RUSCHE

Post by RUSCHE »

From what I have read on it, they intend to link Godzilla time line and have in some way purchased Rodan, Mothra and Gidrah. It what capacities I am not sure. For me I enjoy Kajui and to hear they are making a attempt to have King Kong, Godzilla and other Kajui together is a dream come true I have to wait until 2020 to see them mix it up though.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Rusche, bubeleh, there's no need to wait until 2020! King Kong and Godzilla duked it out way back in 1962... The rest of them have all mixed it up so many times I've lost count.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
RUSCHE

Post by RUSCHE »

Oh I have that on DVD...just so want to see a new take on it..without the berry juice and super strong wire. :)
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

Yeah I'll def. be seeing this probably next weekend. Kan't go wrong with Kaiju

Well you kan.....
Ken

Post by Ken »

HalloweenJack wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:20 amYeah I'll def. be seeing this probably next weekend. Kan't go wrong with Kaiju
Wanna bet?

Last edited by Ken on Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

i'll take that bet, you're gonna regret
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

RUSCHE wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:28 pm Anyone else excited to see the new Kong film?
The prospect of a shared Monsterverse is appealing to me.
i want to watch this so bad i might just camp out at my movieplex to watch this(an intresting side note: i NEVER camp out at a mpvieplex just to watch a movie.I'll just normally wait for the crowd to thin down before i get a ticket...). :D
RUSCHE

Post by RUSCHE »

I am also super excited about this. My youngest son at 11 has a great appreciation for the Kajui movies in general and of course Godzilla is a favorite, but Kong will always be a must see. This version looks like it will be awesome.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Ken wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:13 am
HalloweenJack wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:20 amYeah I'll def. be seeing this probably next weekend. Kan't go wrong with Kaiju
Wanna bet?

i don't think that was a....Terrible look(OK,it looked like an 8-year old got to it before the Animators could catch it...) ;)
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Saw it and highly enjoyed it. good fast paced film 2 hours flew by like nothing. Characters were believable and enjoyable for the most part and Kong was awesome as expected.

Stay all the way to the end of the credits for a HUGE reveal of the future of the franchise, and a funny joke from the movie makers about people waiting for end credit scenes. :lol:
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
RUSCHE

Post by RUSCHE »

Going to see it tomorrow. Super excited.
MissRo

Post by MissRo »

catsi563 wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:37 am Saw it and highly enjoyed it. good fast paced film 2 hours flew by like nothing. Characters were believable and enjoyable for the most part and Kong was awesome as expected.

Stay all the way to the end of the credits for a HUGE reveal of the future of the franchise, and a funny joke from the movie makers about people waiting for end credit scenes. :lol:
Totally agree with this. Loved it. Way better paced then Godzilla was. Fangirled pretty hard over that after credits scene!
RUSCHE

Post by RUSCHE »

Just came home after watching it. I thoroughly enjoyed it. I also loved and geeked over the end credit scene.