Sailor Moon- Series Overview

The place to talk about your favorite movies, tv series, cartoons, music and theater.
Jabroniville

Re: Sailor Moon- Series Overview

Post by Jabroniville »

Episode #82: The Sailors make good on their plans from last episode: they jaunt directly into the "Time-Space Corridor" to Chibi-Usa's time, finally meeting Sailor Pluto in person- Pluto sadly says that she cannot go with them. The Black Moon Family notes their presence, and Prince Dimande basically jizzes himself at the sight of Sailor Moon (Dude! She's half your age! And Sailor Mars is RIGHT THERE!). Esmeraude is sent to capture both Meatball-Headed Ladies while Sapphire curses Wiseman for turning the Prince into a weakling.

The animation takes a MAJOR upgrade here, by the by- I guess they gave the important jobs to the best studio.

Esmeraude, being a bitch, decides to "forget" to tell her Droid not to kill Sailor Moon. The girls are still able to win, defeating the Droid's "Reversing Attacks" game by timing a Sailor Planet Attack to the right moment, when her powers "re-set". Next up: The Future.

(Monster Powers: Moves Easily within the Space/Time Corridor, Morph, Reverses Time's Passage- Deflect Attacks.)
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Episode #83: The Sailors finally arrive in the future, and meet up with King Endymion, the future self of Tuxedo Mask! And it turns out that HE was the voice in Mamoru's dreams, convincing him to break up with Usagi! He finally gives us the Infodump we've been craving: Sometime in the future, the Earth will fall into a deep sleep/ice age, and it will be so for centuries, until Neo-Queen Serenity awakens and becomes the ruling monarch of the world. However, some malcontents attempted a takeover, and when they were finally defeated, those who refused to be cleansed by the Silver Crystal flew off into space- these beings' descendents, who settled on the planet Nemesis, and make up the Black Moon Clan. Nemesis attacked the Earth, injuring Endymion, putting Serenity into a deep sleep, and trapping the four Sailor Guardians into projecting their energy over the helpless city, which is once again frozen in time. Oh... and all of these good guys are the FUTURE SELVES of our heroes! Though of course only the dumbest kids hadn't figured that out by this point.

Naturally, this means that Chibi-Usa is the DAUGHTER of Sailor Moon & Tuxedo Mask! Their embarassment upon figuring this out (they're basically like "we have SEX?") is pretty classic, considering how serious this episode is. Especially since Sailor Mars appears pissed off by it, too. Endymion now explains why the Black Moon Clan is all "let's ruin the past then!"- because the Sailors are now well-protected inside an impregnable fortress, so ruining the past is their only option to weaken the stronghold in the future. Oh, and the only reason Endymion was manipulating a break-up between Mamo & Usagi? "You can't win without a strong bond of love, so I decided to test the foundation of your relationship?" REALLY? THAT's the best reasoning you could come up with?!?

But then of course Prince Dimande attacks, easily capturing Sailor Moon, dressing her up like the Queen he loves so much... and tries to RAPE HER? Jesus! Seriously, he's all "I will make you mine", mind-controls her so she can't resist him physically, and is about to kiss her while she cries. But then we get our Big Damn Hero moment with Tuxedo Mask, who's all "how dare you force yourself on a woman!" HAAHAHHAAHA- the dub actually has Dimande respond with "Silence, you self-righteous prick!" Dimande attacks, but a mysterious gust of wind/energy distracts him, allowing the heroes to escape on Tuxedo's Future Hang-Glider. At the very end, Saphir confronts Esmeraude for the "mystery power", suggesting it was her, and she blows him off in the kind of way that's all "now why would *I* do a thing like THAT?" with a big smirk... so yeah, it's her.

(Monster Powers: N/A)

(First Appearance: King Endymion, Neo-Queen Serenity)
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Episode #84: With Sailor Moon returned, we find out what happened to the Silver Crystal in the future- it disappeared once Chibi-Usa touched it. Her guilt over this is used by the Wiseman to allow him to capture her (Tuxedo Mask the GIANT IDIOT prevents the girls from chasing after the girl when she runs away out of guilt- "as long as she stays in the palace, she will be safe!" Naturally, she leaves the palace). Esmeraude, meanwhile, gets pissy over Dimande's fawning over Sailor Moon, and so makes a deal with Wiseman for greater power. He lures her with promises of her becoming "Queen Esmeraude", but the full power of the Malefic Black Crystal overwhelms her, transforming her into Wiseman's puppet (she wisely doesn't trust the old man, but STILL goes for this lure, such is her love for Dimande). This ends up with her transformed into a giant Dragon, which immediately attacks the barrier around the palace.

The Sailors are able to wear it down with their attacks (despite some Regeneration), but using the King's advice, they strike its Black Crystal crown (with Tuxedo Mask's precise Rose), then Moon Princess Halation vaporizes the creature in that cool "glass crystals slowly sprinkling down" effect on a huge scale. And so Esmeraude dies, disappearing and ending up cast into "the black void", never to be seen again. Too bad in a way- she was your typical "Fawning, Vain Female Henchwoman" seen so often this season, but her sheer arrogance was always a bit amusing.

With her demise, Wiseman coldly states that "No matter. My objective was never victory for the Black Moon Clan. Eventually, Saphir & Dimande will also give their lives for my cause" And a wicked woman's cackling is heard as we end the episode...

(Dragon's Powers: Winged Flight, Regeneration, Growth 12, Fire Blast)
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Now we come to the final disc, and the last five episodes of Sailor Moon R- Chibi-Usa has become Black Lady, and Wiseman's final plan comes to frution.

Episode #85:
Chibi-Usa is in the thrall of Wiseman, who alters her memories and fills her head with moments of sheer cruelty, shifting her into the wicked Black Lady. The close-ups of her body turning into an adult's form are hilarious, as you get a BIG close-up of basically her naked butt (her body is black, highlighted purple- it leaves nothing to the imagination), followed by her breasts expanding directly towards the screen. She attacks the Sailors, who nearly break Wiseman's control, but he arrives and pushes her further. The only issue I have here is that his manipulations revolve around having her forget a surprise birthday party, thus making her parents and the Sailors look "mean". Like... THAT's her big villainous reason for evil? That was the best they could do? We end on that note, as Black Lady teleports away.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Wow, I was planning to wait a few days between posts, but a whole WEEK? Yikes :).

Episode #86: Gotta love the titles- Safir Dies: Wiseman's Trap! Subtle and Spoiler-free, they ain't. The Japanese must not care about that kind of thing. Good ol' Wiseman engages in some pointless dialogue TO HIMSELF, which of course is overheard by a suspicious Saphir- some clumsy storytelling has the guy going all "BWAH-HA-HAAAA I will kill all life in the universe so that the Death Phantom can reign over glorious silence! Also, Prince Dimande sucks and is my pawn!" This naturally makes Dimande's brother turn on him, and soon he's teleported off to Earth when Wiseman attacks.

An injured Saphir runs into the Four Spectre Sisters, and it turns out that Petz used to be in love with him- he's all "what is this human value known as friendship?" He runs off to confront his brother, so the Sisters call the Sailors in to run interference. This leaves Saphir stunned, "How foolish. This could have been a trap!" and the Sailors humorously rebuff him with "yeah, but we tend to trust people, even if they're our enemies"- he's dumbfounded again. Black Lady easily defeats the Sailors, but Saphir is able to talk to Dimande, arguing that Wiseman is a traitor. However, before he can tell the WHOLE story, a massive energy beam bursts forth from the Black Moon spaceship, frying Saphir! Then, as he tries to choke out a few more words, Wiseman goes "Die!" and finishes the job once and for all! "I have spared you the pain of having to execute your own brother!"
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Episode #87: The Malefic Black Crystal is growing ever larger in the Juuban District now, and OMG IT'S NARU!! And she basically all but says that she knows Usagi is Sailor Moon now, admits that "you probably can't talk about it..." and they kind of mutually agree to blow it off and act like nothing's weird. The Sailors arrive, but Sailor Moon IMMEDIATELY falls into a trap, and Prince Dimande once more uses his "Rape Spell" on her. This time, however, she is able to power through it, not being brainwashed. Dimande is furious and shocked, but she's able to carefully explain to him how the Spectre Sisters live happily on Earth, how Safir thought something was up with Wiseman, and how the Prince and his people could easily find happiness on Earth. Just as Dimande is realizing this truth, Wiseman appears, basically goes "actually I'm done with y'all" and attacks Dimande!

The two engage in a brief brawl, seemingly evenly-matched... until Wiseman fires on Sailor Moon- the lovelorn Dimande leaps in front of the attack, getting impailed by a Dark Trident! As Wiseman laughs uproariously (with a friggin' SKULL now showing up underneath his hood!), Dimande suffers a fatal wound... but just smirks and says "Don't underestimate me!" and BLOWS WISEMAN'S ARMS OFF. An empty cloak falls to the ground... but as Dimande is giving his "I'm gonna die" speech to Sailor Moon about the regrets he has and what a mess he caused, Wiseman gathers his powers together and regenerates. He attempts his old Mind Control thing on Usagi, but she is absolutely NOT having it, shocking the dude into attacking. But only NOW does Tuxedo Mask, Master of Timing, arrive, and his rose actually halts the entire Black Energy Blast. Black Lady arrives for a final battle as the episode ends.

A pretty good episode with a LOT of plot happening, leaving the last of the Black Moon Clan dead, while Wiseman and Black Lady remain. Kick-ass animation, too- they had some top-of-the-line guys on this one, especially in the final pan-up shot of Black Lady's flowing dress.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Episode #88: Wiseman reveals that he is, in fact, the Death Phantom, and his goal is to wipe out all life everywhere, using Saphir's technology to fire an energy bolt from Planet Nemesis that will destroy the Earth. And Black Lady's on the attack, all "NOBODY LOVES ME!" and they're like "YUH-HUH, WE TOTALLY DO!" and then Tuxedo Mask jumps in front of an energy blast meant for Sailor Moon. And then the unleashing of the Silver Crystal and a little bit more convincing from everyone is all it takes to turn Black Lady back into Chibi-Usa and end that thread. So the day is saved... except we're only halfway through the episode and now the Dark Gate is open!

The Death Phantom strikes... but then some J-pop guitars kick in and you KNOW it's on, as Sailor Moon/Neo-Queen Serenity unleashes her full power again. The original Japanese is neat at this point, because you get three "Usagi-Chan!"s from the girls... but an "Usagi!" from Mars- in Japanese honorifics, not using a -chan or -san is seen as a sign of dramatic closeness. Mamoru's "Usako" is a young lover's nickname. In any case, it's Silver Crystal (vs) Black Crystal, and Serenity falters... until Chibi-Usa reveals what happened to her mother's Crystal all that time ago- when it disappeared on her, it actually merged with her body! And so the thing reveals itself, Chibi-Usa gets her OWN Flowing White Princess Dress, and now TWO Silver Crystals are active- they quickly overwhelm the Death Phantom and destroy both him and the Black Crystal. Both royal girls survive the battle, as their "two Silver Crystals produce a miracle" that prevents the "Use = Death" Flaw on them. The day is saved!

Honestly... the Final Battle here kinda fell flat for me. Part of the issue is the villains fell one by one at Death Phantom's hands, right up until the end, and then the girls "Care Bear Stare!" Black Lady away, and then the Death Phantom battle takes about two seconds before both Silver Crystals annihilate him. We ultimately never really LEARN ANYTHING about this villain, who just sits there and talks about destroying everything (I guess he's just... Death?). He ends up a flat character, killed more or less the same way Beryl/Metalia were in the last Series, except this one doesn't leave us with any culminating dread (granted, nothing's gonna top all the Senshi dying horrible deaths, one after the other) or bittersweetness... unless you particularly care for Prince Rapist and his Black Moon Clan.

At least Chibi-Usa's return home is well-done, with Usagi sort of mourning the daughter she hasn't had yet. Also... the Future Adult Senshi, all full adult height and with lipstick? HELL YES.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Additional Stuff:
Granted, parts of this season were well done- the Usagi/Mamoru break-up is legitimately heartbreaking to watch, especially for Usagi's reaction. Some of the "filler" is fantastic, and the Sailors' "Focus Episodes" were totally on-point. Esmeraude was pretty funny as a bad guy, and the Spectre Sisters/Senshi fights were nearly always great. But a lot of this arc was dependent upon the big "Mystery" stuff- like Chibi-Usa's nature, her origins, why she's here and after the Silver Crystal, why Mamoru is splitting up with Usagi, etc... and once you KNOW all that, watching it played out endlessly is excruciating. This is basically a 28-episode season... and about 26 of that is spent with SOME kind of "Big Mystery" going on. Dumping the Spectre Sisters and giving us the OTHER Black Moon Clanners partway through felt clumsy as well. Never mind how the whole "Enfuse Crystal Points With Dark Energy" thing got ignored after a point.

Honestly... while this season feels suitably "Big" over the Doom Tree Arc (after all, the entire future is at stake here), it falls a bit short in terms of fun and characterization. Also, it's weird that we hear all this stuff about Planet Nemesis and how the descendent of past rebels live there... and we only ever see a tiny handful of them! ENTIRE SPACESHIPS are flying around, and they're staffed and piloted by nobody- we only see eight members of the Black Moon Clan and that's all- not even a peanut gallery like Queen Beryl had.
Davies

Post by Davies »

Jabroniville wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:48 amAlso, it's weird that we hear all this stuff about Planet Nemesis and how the descendent of past rebels live there... and we only ever see a tiny handful of them! ENTIRE SPACESHIPS are flying around, and they're staffed and piloted by nobody- we only see eight members of the Black Moon Clan and that's all- not even a peanut gallery like Queen Beryl had.
Perhaps the ships are Droid-operated? Alternatively, this is a story of feuding aristocracies, and we aren't really privy to the activities of the ordinary citizens on either side. (Never see any Crystal Tokyo-ites outside of the royal family and the Senshi.) And now you've got me thinking about a Tad Williams rewrite of the Black Moon War ...
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Episode #89: Oh yeah, there's one more. But in this case, it's more of an "extreme Clip Show"/Sneak Preview thing, except the characters give a running commentary over the clips. They show teasers for the next Series (including shadowy forms of the villains and two new Sailors), bicker over who should take over as the "New lead character", and tease each other mercilessly (Mars even accuses Venus & Moon of "basically being the same person"!).
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Sailor Moon R- The Movie:
Yes, they made three movies for the Sailor Moon franchise, each being pretty iffy in terms of continuity. The animation is of course glorious compared to anything you'd see in the cartoon, with bodies having both shading AND highlights, and the frame-rate going up a bit, too, with lots of glamorous shots and better posing than the "straight-on" stuff from a more mundane TV episode.

* So we see a clip of a very young Mamoru sharing a rose with a mysterious other boy, who then disappears in a puff. And then, in the modern day, the Sailors' little day out at a botanical garden is interrupted by the same guy, who appears to be VERY touchy-feely with Mamoru. Finding out that Usagi is his girlfriend, he shoves her in anger and then disappears. This "Fiore" fellow oddly has the EXACT same design as Ail from Sailor Moon R, both the Alien Form and Human Form.

The girls have a hilarious discussion about what this means- Sailor Mars teases Usagi about Mamo possibly being "friendly" with the stranger, and then even AMI goes "I guess Mamoru is popular with the guys, too...", shocking even Rei :). "Ami, you and your dirty little mind!" appears in the original dialogue, while the dub drops in a "not that there's anything WRONG with that!"

We get a nice moment in a flashback between Usagi & Mamo, where he talks about his parents being dead, but confesses that "maybe I was meant to be along, so that I could meet you, Usako". Craziness is soon afoot, though, as people have their energy drained by a mysterious flower, which then turns them into vine-controlled zombies. A brief struggle is ended by Sailor Mars doing a CRAZY ninja-jump, then whipping out dozens of "Evil Spirit Be Exorcized!" papers at once, dropping the entire crowd! Soon, the flower turns into a fanservicey Flower Centaur Chick, who just SLAMS Ami & Rei into the security gate of a closed store! Seriously, that damn impact shook the "screen"! The Sailors all transform and fight the thing.

Sailor Moon arrives and they're finally able to kill it after a HELL of a fight, at which point Fiore descends, transforms into an alien dude (Ail's design, but with a new outfit), and reveals a "Xenian Flower" on his lapel- a sexy topless chick with Godiva Hair... about six inches high. Luna & Artemis seem to know what it is, too. He EASILY destroys the Sailors using deft dodging and Invisible Energy Blasts, but is confronted by Tuxedo Mask, recognizing him as his Mamo. Fiore gets angry and attacks with a sword, but Mamo saves Usagi... even leaping in the way of Death Fingernails, which deliver mortal wounds. Fiore, shocked at this sacrifice (he obviously doesn't watch the show), teleports himself & Mamoru away.

Luna & Artemis are now able to do their "Now That It's Important, We Remember Stuff" exposition, explaining that a Xenian Flower attaches itself to weak-minded people, filling them with an evil energy that eventually consumes entire worlds- "the number of planets the Xenian Flower has destroyed in this galaxy are too numerous to count". Sailor Moon is too heartbroken to care, but Chibi-Usa and the others convince her to buck up. They do a "Sailor Teleport" to an asteroid floating in outer space, revealing that... Sailor Teleport can transport MILLIONS of miles, AND give them Life Support? Yikes.

Fiore of course begins monologuing, stating that his plot is to send Xenian seeds to Earth, at which point they will exterminate all life on the planet. And then he summons literally hundreds of Flower Monsters to attack the girls! At which point our heroines magically gain Area Attacks where none existed before, and Sailor Jupiter's "Supreme Thunder!" kills over twenty monsters with a single arc, and the others act in kind. Mars in particular gets a CRAZY elaborate version of "Fire Soul!", shooting fire between her hands and then doing a pirouette amidst a burning spiral. Even Sailor Moon does the "Shoots out a Line, then pivotes to wipe out hundreds" thing. The monsters coalesce into a giant undulating tree-thing, crashing down on the Sailors just after Mars grabs Moon and throws her out of the way.

Sailor Moon tries to give up in order to save her friends (Mars screams at her, tears in her eyes, calling her a coward), but her sacrifice actually causes Fiore's brainwashing to nearly break. The Xenian Flower re-takes control by wrapping herself around him like a stole made of arms, and nearly kills her, telling her that she's a liar who just takes from everyone. The Sailors ultimately come to her defense, remembering all the time they spent alone before Usagi befriended them (even MARS- "If we'd never met her- we'd all be alone!"), and Tuxedo Mask throws a rose into his chest, nearly killing him.

His asteroid, now dead, prepares a suicide attack into earth ("If I can't have you, then I'll destroy the Earth with me"), but Sailor Moon unleashes her "Princess Serenity" form, meaning she's doomed. The other Sailors try to stop her, but she slows the descent and the asteroid breaks apart- Fiore (and his flower) is vaporized, realizing the error of his ways (witnessing that the flower Mamo gave him as a gift years ago was given to him by a toddler-aged Usagi, and that Usagi didn't "steal him" away- she allows him to be happy). The Sailors & Mamo mourn their friend (Mars is, naturally, inconsolable and by far the most bereft), but Fiore's last act is to give his Mamoru the power to return Usagi to life. And everyone cries, as the day is saved.

Very nice little movie. It's only an hour long, preventing too much time-wasting, so the editing is sharp. The animation and fight scenes are PHENOMENAL, easily crushing that of the show. It's basically out of continuity (nobody comments on Fiore's familiar appearance, nor the Black Moon Clan that should be part of their lives at this point), but hits all of the marks of the show- grumpy Mars, bratty Chibi-Usa, the girls' devotion to each other, True Love (tm), a villain who learns the error of his ways (and dies in the process), and some Noble Sacrifices (actually, MULTIPLE ones!).
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

SAILOR MOON S:
-Yes, I'm FINALLY getting around to watching the third season of Sailor Moon- I bought the first half literally while I was still watching Sailor Moon R (aka season two), but it takes forever to get through these.

This arc is the most infamous for censorship in North America, as it contains Lesbian Schoolgirls, a "Holy Grail", AND references to "The Messiah" to end a global armageddon. I remember bits and pieces of this, but by the time Sailor Moon S had made it over to North America, I was WAY out of the Sailor Moon fandom that had consumed so much of my thoughts in early High School- by this point, wrestling was on the upswing, and we hadn't had any new Sailor Moon for two years- with TV episodes then being impossible to get online, I really had nothing to go on, and eventually my love for the series faded away. I still WATCHED IT, mind you, but not with the obsessive glee that I used to have- I can only recall a few elements here and there- I don't remember how the voices sounded, nor most of the enemies fought.

Sailor Moon S ("Sailor Moon Super") completes the remaining Planets of the Sailors- curiously, despite the themed naming, and the fact that Sailor Moon was meant to END after each season, Naoko Takeuchi had never bothered to introduce them earlier- this season saw Sailors Neptune, Uranus & Saturn appear. The new enemies were a band of typical Sailor Moon baddies consisting of rotten women in color-coded outfits, working for a mysterious Evil Professor-type, who was trying to summon a world-destroying Eldritch Abomination.

Let's get to it!
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Episode #89: Brand-new opening, with a remix of the title song. Though... this one's a REAL downgrade- it's actually got worse animation and sequences than the other two seasons! We get the bad "triangle eye" director here, and Rei immediately has a premonition of The Silence while the girls are talking about going into High School next year, and how their studies suffered because of fighting evil.

Meanwhile, a chuckling, mad professor creates a "Daimon Egg" to seek out people with pure hearts, while his calm, collected assistant Kaolinite (yup- it has to be a villain with a mineral-themed name) looks on. He intends to use them to gain the Holy Grail when three talismans (hidden within these hearts) are joined together. Rei, meanwhile, is so messed up by her premonition that she actually COMPLIMENTS USAGI.

And while this has Usagi worried, the two talk about their plans for the future- Usagi of course has none, but Rei gives a famous declaration: "A singer-songwriter, a model, a voice actress... and the wife of the man I love!"- this got quoted a LOT on the old "Sailor Mars Shrines" you used to see all over the fandom back in the 1990s. Here, she tells it first by blushing, then by trying to laugh it off as she's saying it, which is a great character moment. Rei ultimately says "Mamoru would be disappointed if he saw your grades, but academics aren't everything. Stay positive- it's the one thing you've got going!", which is the great kind of backhanded compliment she always gives. Usagi confesses that Rei "deep-down" cares about everyone, despite her critical nature. So rad.

The Daimon Egg chooses Rei as the first "Pure Heart" victim because of her thoughts for her friends, and implants itself into a tree within the Hikawa Shrine (Rei's home), turning it into a Daimon. It fires a beam from a star hidden in her cleavage (no, really- she damn near hits an "R" rating) to check Rei's Pure Heart, which draws in Sailor Moon. Shockingly, she takes down the whole team, then DEFLECTS Moon Princess Halation!! Then she pins Sailor Moon to a tree, rips off her transformation brooch, and de-powers her! This is insane!

The Daimon pulls out Rei's "Heart Crystal" and brags about defeating everyone, at which point two attacks hit her from behind- World Shaking & Deep Submerge- vaporizing her and returning the tree to normal- the Daimon Egg falls out of it, cracks open, and releases the spirit into the ether. And then the two mysterious Sailor-suited figures in the background check the Heart Crystal out, comment how "we wasted our time", and return the thing with barely a thought to the innocent victim.

This one's pretty epic- the monster is damn near unstoppable, the mysterious Sailors debut, and Usagi basically loses her goddamn mind at the thought of Rei dying. Like, begging, screaming and pleading for her friend's safety and everything.

(First Appearance: Professor Tomoe, Kaolinite, Daimons, Daimon Egg)

(Monster Powers: Flight 6, Detachable Limbs, Prehensile Hair, Small Snares)
Davies

Post by Davies »

Jabroniville wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:24 pm SAILOR MOON S:
While I have a boatload of problems with it, there is no question that this is the best season of Sailor Moon.
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Davies wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:34 am
Jabroniville wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:24 pm SAILOR MOON S:
While I have a boatload of problems with it, there is no question that this is the best season of Sailor Moon.
Yeah, I remember it being almost universally-acclaimed back in the day- fans who'd never seen it assumed it was the best, and people who HAD were like "this is the most mature the show ever was". The relative seriousness of the threat, and Hotaru Tomoe's arc, had a big effect on people.

What were your issues with it?