CW Superheroes: The Flash, Arrow, Supergirl and Legends of Tomorrow

The place to talk about your favorite movies, tv series, cartoons, music and theater.
Ares
Site Admin

Re: CW Superheroes: The Flash, Arrow, Supergirl and Legends of Tomorrow

Post by Ares »

I did roll my eyes during the Superigirl part of Part 1 when Lois brings up the wage gap out of nowhere.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Yeah, Supergirl has kinda been getting on my nerves with the political angle. I get how it can be an interesting subtopic in the show but it feels like the writers want to club the viewer's over the head with it.

Arrow has been a bit better than previous seadons but man am I tired of the Diaz character. He's got this major push I have trouble getting into. There could have been other antagonists that could have gotten this treatment & would have made much more sense.

As for Flash.....well I don't know much about Cicada ( think I spelled the right) but the investigation angle has been fairly good. Though I will admit that I'm over all the variant Wells. Though it seems the writers like writing Barry & company as slow to figure things out (pun intended).

As for Legrnds....I just can't get into the rotating cast.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Worst moment of politics in Supergirl for me was during the Bridal Shower for Maggie and Alex.

Her father shows up and warns her about acceptance. That part was good. Saying "they want to build a wall..." Where did that come from ? At the time, Earth 38 had an alien for a President who was working to bring down barriers... Even if the current leader in the "real world" had run for President, his platform was defeated on Earth 38.

That's the kind of thing that drives me up the wall. (No pun intended.)
Last edited by Bladewind on Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Bladewind wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:51 pm Worst moment of politics in Supergirl for me was during the Bridal Shower for Maggie and Alex.

Her father shows up and warns her about acceptance. That part was good. Saying "they want to build a wall..." Where did that come from ? At the time, Earth 38 had an alien for a President who was working to bring down barriers... Even if the current leader in the "real world" had run for President, his platform was defeated on Earth 38.

That's the kind of thing that drives me up the wall.
Agreed. That's what I call writing with a hammer.
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Ken

Post by Ken »

So... what was that hammer thing LL was using?
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

Tattooedman wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:01 pm
Bladewind wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:51 pm Worst moment of politics in Supergirl for me was during the Bridal Shower for Maggie and Alex.

Jeez, you weren't kidding. Fantastic third part, then we get that scene where Superman is apparently going to retire, nothing but emotional validation for Supergirl, and Lois bringing up a study about how much better women are in a crisis . . . . I mean, I LIKE Kara and think its good she gets a push, but holy moley.

Speaking of Crisis tho, that "Coming in 2019 - Crisis on Infinite Earths" teaser got me excited. I'm curious to see how they play with it. I mean, I'd thought the only way we'd see Crisis would be if it was done as a sort of Netflix animated series, 13 parts where each part is an hour long.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Ken wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:06 am So... what was that hammer thing LL was using?
Pretty sure that was the hammer the Supergirl writers use..... :roll:
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Ares wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:00 am
Tattooedman wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:01 pm

Jeez, you weren't kidding. Fantastic third part, then we get that scene where Superman is apparently going to retire, nothing but emotional validation for Supergirl, and Lois bringing up a study about how much better women are in a crisis . . . . I mean, I LIKE Kara and think its good she gets a push, but holy moley.

Speaking of Crisis tho, that "Coming in 2019 - Crisis on Infinite Earths" teaser got me excited. I'm curious to see how they play with it. I mean, I'd thought the only way we'd see Crisis would be if it was done as a sort of Netflix animated series, 13 parts where each part is an hour long.
Agreed, though I'd love to see that I really doubt we'll see that. But I am looking forward to seeing how the CW writers pull it off.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

But then they have cute lines like Kara saying "So this is becoming an annual thing, huh?" and the occasional reference and Easter Egg that are way too fun... "General, would you care to step outside?" is still my favourite.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Yeah, there are lots of little bits sprinkled throughout the episodes that are funny and add to my enjoyment of them. I just wish they could do that a bit more in the non-crossover episodes.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Ken wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:06 am So... what was that hammer thing LL was using?
They didn't specifically say, but if I had to guess, it was Steel's.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Bladewind wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:40 am
They didn't specifically say, but if I had to guess, it was Steel's.
I was thinking that it might have been seen before, at least by people who tune in more often than once a year.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

I've never seen it - other than when Mr Ramone vibes them to the Fortress of Soltude and it zaps him when he tries to touch it.
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

You know, one thing about seeing the 90s Flash in action is that it's got me watching the 90s TV series again. And as one of the first attempts to do a serious superhero tv series in a while, it's actually a lot of fun and not bad. It's more Street Level, giving it kind of a Netflix Defenders type feel to it.

Voltron64

Post by Voltron64 »

Please tell me someone saw this week's Legends of Tomorrow too? :mrgreen: