CW Superheroes: The Flash, Arrow, Supergirl and Legends of Tomorrow

The place to talk about your favorite movies, tv series, cartoons, music and theater.
Doctor Malsyn

Re: CW Superheroes: The Flash, Arrow, Supergirl and Legends of Tomorrow

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Miracle wrote:A nitpicky thing from left field. I'm not really digging this season's Wells' haircut.
I have to agree there, just dosn't seem to fit him somehow.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Really digging this Invasion storyline...
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Shock

Post by Shock »

Bladewind wrote:Have to relisten to that part... I thought it was "become Alchemy again..."
I kind of hate that because Alchemy clearly has a completely different accent from Julian. The voice isn't even close
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

I think that`s intentional...
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Goldar

Post by Goldar »

...yeah, to keep us guessing...

...but in the end, it will be a divergent timeline, alternate reality, afterimage caused by the time paradox of the multiple universes that were breached! And we still won't know who it is under the mask. :lol:
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Regarding Cicso... wasn`t he one of the ones that encouraged Barry to save his mom in season one? Or was at least on board with it? I get that Barry said he couldn`t and all that, but I just wish there was a little more empathy on Cisco`s part...

As you can tell, this point is really bugging me.

(It`s also possible its being hammered home by quadruple recaps this week and is not as bad as I think...)
Miracle

Post by Miracle »

Pound Town. :lol:
Miracle

Post by Miracle »

I cannot take credit for this. It was a comment on a review of some spoilers for Supergirl, but it's a neat idea.
I would like to see Barry or Ollie seek out the Earth-1 version of Kara. And discover she's on Earth alone (no Kal-El, at least not yet) & encourage her to become a superhero. And she takes up the mantle of Power Girl.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

That would be a neat idea.

So... just getting around to watching it....at the end when Felicity and Ray are chatting... and Ray says Kara reminds him of his cousin... Cute easter egg...
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Bladewind wrote:That would be a neat idea.

So... just getting around to watching it....at the end when Felicity and Ray are chatting... and Ray says Kara reminds him of his cousin... Cute easter egg...
Yeah, I 'member that.

Though I gotta admit that I liked the crossover overall but was less than pleased with some of the parts, mostly Arrow's because it contributed pretty much nothing to the overall story.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Yeah, touted as a four show crossover, it was mostly a two show crossover... Flash and LoT...
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Supergirl's episode not having much to do with the Invasion story wasn't all that surprising given it's set in another universe, so I was expecting that to be minimal but the Arrow episode kind of irritated me since they made a big deal about it being a crossover between all 4 of the shows.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Nonplussed about the mid-season finale of Flash...

:arrow: they did nothing to address the change in voice for Alchemy, and it stands out like a sore thumb
:arrow: Savitar's priests (other than maaaaybeee Alchemy) are useless. Put the priests, I WANT SPEED NINJAS !!!
:arrow: Savitar himself...
:arrow: The Trickster`s teeth were overkill
:arrow: They dragged out Wally becoming Kid Flash longer than Flashpoint !
:arrow: Speaking of... Flashpoint itself really fell flat... as a viewer, I have a hard time sympathizing with Barry because we never got the chance to care about Flashpoint....

On the flip side, I did like Jay, and I really like the idea of envisioning that his Flash of the 90s is the Earth 3 version
badpenny

Post by badpenny »

These shows are such a mess. Here are my fixes:
  • Supergirl: Jimmy is a distraction. I don't care for the actor's performance and the character was a mistake from the get go. Dies in a fire.
  • Flash: I don't watch it, so I have nothing. I do like Grant, and want more team-ups with Supergirl. That's just fun.
  • Arrow: I watched the first two seasons, then lost interest. I do want to watch a street-level show, but they're all over the map these days. Get rid of the extra characters, or introduce them to flesh out the world, and then dispatch them to the background. Make the actor's spend more time in martial arts training. I'd rather watch the stunt actors do rehearsal than the actual show.
  • Legends: Cancel it. It's effing horrid.
Penny's Build Party - Playable builds - M&M 2.5 featuring Damage Roll combat
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Harsh. Can`t say I think you're wrong though...

Jimmy. Yeah.
Flash... too much angst. Way too much.
Arrow. Only watch it during cross over, but dang. Wild Dog? Mister Terrific? (And who is Dig supposed to be?)
Legends. The only things right now that I find moderately interesting is that its better than the first season (not hard, but still) and as much as I find her annoying, White Canary actually does her own martial arts moves which is kinda neat.

For Supergirl and Legend though, White Canary and Alex Danvers sexual preferences are too in your face. I personally don`t care who likes who if it advances the character or story... and while it does a little for Alex, neither character matters enough to me to care...