CW Superheroes: The Flash, Arrow, Supergirl and Legends of Tomorrow

The place to talk about your favorite movies, tv series, cartoons, music and theater.
Bladewind

Re: CW Superheroes: The Flash, Arrow, Supergirl and Legends of Tomorrow

Post by Bladewind »

The unicorn in the season premiere turned me off of LoT this year. Has it been any good?
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Voltron64

Post by Voltron64 »

Bladewind wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:55 pm The unicorn in the season premiere turned me off of LoT this year. Has it been any good?
The fact that a demonic homicidal unicorn that was slaughtering hippies at Woodstock turned you off from the show disappoints me.

Just flat out disappoints me.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Legends of Tomorrow is just as ridiculous as the magical unicorn and this week even upped it with puppets, parodies of some different well known properties and such. I've stopped watching the other shows for various reasons, but Legends doesn't take itself seriously yet still manages to give the characters meaningful growth.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Voltron64 wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:21 pm The fact that a demonic homicidal unicorn that was slaughtering hippies at Woodstock turned you off from the show disappoints me.

Just flat out disappoints me.
OK, this made me laugh. Out loud. At work. And garnered strange looks.

They've done good stuff with this show, I'll admit.
I will also admit to thoroughly enjoying the episode where they were trying to save "Barry" from Grodd, and no, "not that Barry."
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Funny. I lamented n how quickly the whole Red Kryptonite episode was resolved because the build up was well done.

Now, I just want Alex to get her memory back already.

The effects have gotten better, and I even feel the characters have gotten better... but the story and the SJ this season... blech !

But... Looks like Manchester Black s forming The Elite...
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

It's kind of sad how into the whole CW-verse I use to be, but these days I only watch the crossover episodes. Last year's preview of a Crisis on Infinite Earths was interesting, making me curious how they plan to pull that one off. Especially since Barry and Kara were two people killed off in said Crisis.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

I follow Supergirl because I'm really curious where they are going with the Elite.

The Flash is a favourite of my son, and we watch on Netflix...

Can`t seem to catch LoT... I know its on Space, but...

Arrow I never liked, I always felt it was Batman in Green...
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

I'm finding myself struggling to get back into the CW-verse following the mid-season break, I'm several episodes behind on most of them (Supergirl, Green Arrow & Flash...never could get into LoT & have never watched BL). For some reason I just have a big disconnect that is keeping me from getting back into it. I've watched a couple episodes of GA & Flash, but GA, for some reason, is really irritating me with this whole "Oliver Queen, agent of the SCPD" bit and the scattered nature of the other characters.

Flash....sometimes reminds me why I first got into the show but at this point I'm tired of Reverse Flash tie-ins. That little nugget just turned me off of the how "future kid" bit. Haven't even watched SG since the break so I can't comment but the not so subtle social commentary is a big part of what isn't working for me. I don't mind it overall mind you, but the way they've been hammering it into the overall story just turns me off.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Ken

Post by Ken »

Bladewind wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:15 pmArrow I never liked, I always felt it was Batman in Green...

I believe the phrase you're looking for is "Green Arrow is just Batman with a bow and arrow."
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Voltron64

Post by Voltron64 »

Bladewind wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:33 pm Funny. I lamented n how quickly the whole Red Kryptonite episode was resolved because the build up was well done.

Now, I just want Alex to get her memory back already.

The effects have gotten better, and I even feel the characters have gotten better... but the story and the SJ this season... blech !

But... Looks like Manchester Black s forming The Elite...
If they wanted to do this arc right, they'd have Manchester Black and the Elite end up becoming the ultimate villains of the season, supplanting Lockwood and the Children of Liberty who BTW would end up as their most significant victims of their ruthlessness, eventaully before spiraling further and further into extremism.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Key words...
Voltron64 wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:03 pm If they wanted to do this arc right...
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

So... who thinks Crisis will wind up being a hot pile of steaming turds ? Or will it live up to the hype ?

So far, the Flash aspect has been interesting as it looks like the Crisis is the major focus of the first half of the season.

I don't follow Arrow, so hopefully I can tune into those eps of the Crisis and still follow as I know that there have been a few references and inclusions there as well...

Supergirl has been meh for me this season. It's there, I can watch it, but the whole "Bad but not evil" thing with Lena is... over done.

I am also not following Legends and am leery about just how much will be crammed into this. Disappointed on some level that there is no Crime Syndicate, but if there is still a multiverse at the end leaves enough room for a future crossover...

I find it interesting (hinted at in last year's crossover) that both Supergirl and Flash died in the original CoiE. And it took a good long time before DC brought them back... I would love to see that play out in some fashion. And I would really love to see Melissa Benoist's Supergirl slam into the Anti-Monitor the way Supergirl did in the original CoiE. (I picture the CW Superman channeling Christopher Reeve from the 1st Superman when Lois died...)
Last edited by Bladewind on Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

I have only watched Legends for the last two years, but might tune in for the crossover. Everything I've read on the other shows has turned me off to them at this point. Maybe they got better though.
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

I'm interested to see how they play out Crisis in TV format. The costumes for the Monitor and Pariah actually look pretty decent. Let me echo (heh) my thoughts from a different thread:
Ares wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:27 pm Kind of sad that this is the first time we've seen anyone attempt a Crisis on Infinite Earths adaptation. Granted for the sheer scope of the story you'd either need a direct to video animated film series easily 3 or 4 movies long, or a 13 episode 50 minute per episode Netflix series.

Though if I was feeling really ambitious about it, I'd probably try something similar to Marvel's Defenders series, only in animated format. Basically, each Earth in Crisis would get it's own series, explaining the worlds and the characters, letting you get to care about them before the Crisis event happens. I'd also play around with things, including modern era characters and dividing them amongst the Earths.

Earth-1 would be the Earth with the classic Justice League, modern versions of Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman, the Outsiders and the Titans, but also include heroes like Young Justice.

Earth-2 would be the JSA Earth where you've got a mix of WWII era heroes and a new generation of heroes. It would have a lot of elements of Roy Thomas' All-Star Squadron and Geoff Johns JSA, with members of Infinity Inc. being on the JSA rather than on their own team (since the idea is to have all of the legacy heroes in one place). I'd also have Chris Kent and Damian Wayne exist on this Earth rather than Earth-1.

Earth-3 would be the Crime Syndicate Earth where the Syndicate is a powerful, oppressive force and there are few heroes to oppose them. Maybe base it more off of the animated film where the Syndicate doesn't overtly rule but few people can stand up to them. Though maybe borrow a bit from Brave and the Bold as well, where the Red Hood is a hero working alongside Alex Luthor and a few other good guys.

Earth-4 would have the Charlton heroes as usual (and be the classic versions, screw the Watchmen analogies Morrison tried to turn them into), but I'd also throw in other supers into the setting, such as the Milestone heroes (with Icon being the "Superman" of this world), as well as Jaime Reyes having the Scarab armor and working alongside Ted Kord, maybe operating under the name "Silver Scarab". I'd actually have the "Quantum Juice" that empowers so many heroes to actually be an attempt to replicate Captain Atom's Quantum energies. I'd also have heroes like Booster Gold, Fire, Ice and Guy Gardner all exist on this Earth as well.

Earth-5 would be home to the Marvel Family, Isis, various Fawcett heroes, but I'd also throw in the Future Quest/Hanna-Barbera action heroes (including additional heroes like Samson and Goliath and the Teen Force), possibly some other heroes that would fit the "fun" descriptor. Maybe even include some Cartoon Network series that could potentially fit, like Ben 10. I'd be tempted to make Kyle Rayner the Green Lantern of this Earth, and see if I couldn't move some other heroes here, given there is a genuine lack of diversity outside of the Future Quest version of Mightor and Teen Force's Molecu-Lad. Maybe Amethyst Princess of Gemworld too.

Earth-10 would be the Quality heroes like Uncle Sam, the Freedom Fighters, Blackhawks, Plastic Man and so on. Maybe also throw in other war-based characters like G.I. Robot, the Creature Commandos, Sgt. Rock, etc. The Nazi's would include evil versions of other DC Heroes similar to the Crime Syndicate.

Earth-52 would be the Wildstorm Universe, all the way on 52 since it's about as far as you can get from standard DC Heroics. I'd also throw John Consantine and other Vertigo characters here.

So each Earth would get it's own season to flesh out the setting, show who the characters are, get you to know them, then Crisis would come out, and take as many seasons as you'd need to tell the full story with all of these characters. It'd open up with Earth-13 (which would have the Tangent heroes) and then Earth-3 both getting destroyed. We'd get some new twists to the stories, but keep iconic moments like Barry Allen's sacrifice, though maybe expanding it so that Barry and Hal Jordan both die, requiring John Stewart to take Hal's place. Stuff like that. But throw in some new stuff like the Authority absolutely getting destroyed when they go in with their usual arrogance and only a few of them survive.

And in the end, the survivors would all wind up on a single Earth, but that Earth is now the centerpoint for a new multiverse that is even more diverse.

Logistical nightmare? Probably. Awesome as heck if it can be done right? I certainly think so.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Sidious

Post by Sidious »

t -2hrs until Crisis. This should be good.

I do not expect anything near a comic accurate telling but it should be a ride none the less.